X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by pmwasson
    I actually like the new boots. My daughter and I were playing "boot-swap" the other day. These boots feel nice in the hand and are easy to take on and off. I also like the Famous Cover figures and boots, so your mileage may vary.

Here is how my daughter left the figures:
    http://www.lasermego.com/in-progress.../boot-swap.jpg
    Great pic, cool to see these are being played
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Great pic. Glad to see there are other folks who like the boot as is, too.
      It's all good!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
        I actually like the new boots. My daughter and I were playing "boot-swap" the other day. These boots feel nice in the hand and are easy to take on and off. I also like the Famous Cover figures and boots, so your mileage may vary.

Here is how my daughter left the figures:
        http://www.lasermego.com/in-progress.../boot-swap.jpg
        they kinda look like they've been drinking a little. lex in ga's hat seems a bit three sheets to the wind...

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

At first I was unsure about the boots, but they've grown on me. I like them
          Sammy

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

I like the boots just fine, but I can see how some folks would be off-put by them.

One thing that bothered me (and was an easy fix): I didn't like the boots on Green Lantern so I swapped them with Green Arrow.

GA's boots (to me) are perfect for GL and while I would prefer the original GA boots on GA, GL's boots don't look too bad as a swap.

Also, assume we can dump the whole, "You shouldn't have to do that" argument for one second to catch what I am saying: A slight Dremel of the inside of the pelvis and the outside of the bottom of the torso and the Mattel bodies fall right in line.
            Last edited by saildog; Mar 1, '10, 9:37 PM.

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by saildog
              I like the boots just fine, but I can see how some folks would be off-put by them.

One thing that bothered me (and was an easy fix): I didn't like the boots on Green Lantern so I swapped them with Green Arrow.

GA's boots (to me) are perfect for GL and while I would prefer the original GA boots on GA, GL's boots don't look too bad as a swap.

Also, assume we can dump the whole, "You shouldn't have to do that" argument for one second to catch what I am saying: A slight Dremel of the inside of the pelvis and the outside of the bottom of the torso and the Mattel bodies fall right in line.
              Any more info or pics would be helpful to complete the mental picture I have.
              sigpic

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by Jerry68
                Any more info or pics would be helpful to complete the mental picture I have.

Last edited by saildog; Mar 2, '10, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• spamn
                  Minty and All-Original!
                  • Mar 28, 2002

You know who Mattel could release that would require no boot swap? A Guy Gardiner Green Lantern! I have to say, I don't really have a need to swap my Mattel boots, but the swapped out pictures here definitely are improvements.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎