X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Raydeen1
    Bumping this up. Been a while. Surely a painted example exits by now. Would LOVE to see it.
    Me too, I hope we'll see get to see the cowl before the figure is released
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Gremlin517
      But the removable cowl was before the other one and was replaced by it--they may have (though I don't think so) overlapped, but the one replaced the other. I'm sure later on, we'll get a non removable mask...

Grem-
      It would be nice if you were right...but I've learned not to get my hopes up too high.
      sigpic

Comment

• Gremlin517
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 20, 2009

Sadly, true...

Grem-
        Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!sigpic

Comment

• roman
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 25, 2003

So there will be both a blue and black suit version of the new Batman? Nice.. yeah I hope he looks better than show.

by the way is it a cowel like the old mego or is it more like a cap action where it's a full on face mask? like a hood covering his face?

By the way.. who was the fifth figure sent along?

Originally posted by drmego
          We could never please everyone with the Batman figure - as evidenced
          by all the posts on the boards - but deep down I always knew that
          once the figure is out, you guys would make each one unique.

I have been a customizer since my first Shazam was made into the
          Flash using the clinch tie from a kitchen garbage bag for his belt
          and an emblem cut out from a Lois Lane comic.

My greatest hope is that some 8 year old does the same thing
          to one of the new figures.

So at the end of the Day...I guess the customizing hobby is alive and well.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

5th

So a 5th figure? Does that mean we will have another character to collect, not yet announced?

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Where did this 5th figure suddenly come from?
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• rkrefft
                • Jan 21, 2010

I'm actually in the minority but I prefer no removable cowl. I never liked the Mego one from the old days and would rather see a Batman without removable cowl. I wish there would be a varient as a mattycollector.com exclusive. I mean why does Batman need a mask that comes off? Green Lantern and Green Arrow have masks that don't come off and I'm sure Flash won't have a removable cowl. I never thought the removable cowl looked good.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Why is everyone so obsessed with exclusives?

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by rkrefft
                    I'm actually in the minority but I prefer no removable cowl. I never liked the Mego one from the old days and would rather see a Batman without removable cowl. I wish there would be a varient as a mattycollector.com exclusive. I mean why does Batman need a mask that comes off? Green Lantern and Green Arrow have masks that don't come off and I'm sure Flash won't have a removable cowl. I never thought the removable cowl looked good.
                    Excellent point my Friend...they're not releasing any of the others with a RC.
                    sigpic

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

My very favorite Mego WGSH is molded cowl Batman. It's been my favorite for about 37 years. I never even knew the removable cowl version existed until the mid-90s when I read about him in Toy Shop magazine. I would have preferred a new molded cowl Bats, but I'm still looking forward to wave 2. I just hope it doesn't look like that old picture of me wearing the Ideal Batman helmet.

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

Dr Mego said,

I made a point of showing the Hasbro 9 inch RC Batman to our guy at Mattel
                        to show him what happens when you make it too thin. As I have said before,
                        he is a big MEGO fan and will do everything he can to make sure it is done
                        right.

The black cowl was supposed to be shown at Toy Fair. It may have been
                        shown to Toys R Us - we sent along a fifth figure that was not on display
                        at the Collector Night press viewing last Sunday. It may have also been
                        intended for TRU eyes only. (from Dr. Mego)

What is the 5th figure?

Comment

• Cosmicman
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by drmego
                          I made a point of showing the Hasbro 9 inch RC Batman to our guy at Mattel
                          to show him what happens when you make it too thin. As I have said before,
                          he is a big MEGO fan and will do everything he can to make sure it is done
                          right.

The black cowl was supposed to be shown at Toy Fair. It may have been
                          shown to Toys R Us - we sent along a fifth figure that was not on display
                          at the Collector Night press viewing last Sunday. It may have also been
                          intended for TRU eyes only.
                          The one you used to sell was perfect. Does someone have copyright claims on that style? You could not beat the Dr. Mego Repo Cowl.
                          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                            The one you used to sell was perfect. Does someone have copyright claims on that style? You could not beat the Dr. Mego Repo Cowl.
                            You have make an excellent point. I was looking at Doc's repro cowl last night and it is awesome.
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• SoulSinger
                              Singer Of Mego Love
                              • Oct 22, 2007

I personally HATED the molded cowl mego batman. I felt ripped off. He became spareparts for my RC Batman.

Comment

• Caelonfox
                                • Aug 7, 2008

Hey Doc, any idea when we will be shown the actual "removable cowl" Batman prototype?
                                Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎