NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
    • Jan 4, 2009

Those are Beautiful!!!!
    WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Wow, this is almost too much at this point. Those are beauties. Wolfman and Frankie are the best.

Comment

• mars396
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 14, 2007

OK waitaminute

the plan is to get one released each 4th Quarter over the next four years ?!??!?!

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/9...-revealed.html

W T F ?!??!?!

I want all four on my fireplace mantle THIS HALLOWEEN !! ! !
        Last edited by mars396; Feb 17, '10, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

We've gotta wait 4 years to complete the set? Say it ain't so, NOOOOOOOOOOO
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

That blurb is worded kind of odd. Can't tell if they are talking about all the different Universal stuff or just the sculpted figures being once per year. They also mention the Bride and Creature in there, so maybe the 4th quarteer deal is only for the Marvel Select style figure. If it were four years till the Dracula Mego, it doesn't seem like they'd already be showing it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

Yeah, I'm thinking they were referring to the other monster figures and not the Mego-style critters.
              George

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                Career Member
                • Sep 5, 2005

The Universal Select line will be two per season (Sept '10 giving us the Creature) w mass market (TRU) and direct market (comic shops) exclusives.

The Universal Monsters Mini-Mates will also be two sets per season, with TRU 2 pack exclusives. Creature and Wolf man are Sept 10.

The release schedule and price point on the "Retro Action" ReMego figures is unclear.

The roll out for all of this is through 2012, so who knows? I'd think the price point on the ReMegos would be $15 to $20, and they're cheaper than the rest to produce in terms of tooling. I'd like to see them all at once (SEPT '10), and then return each year. Re-release and vary them - cast in glow or just glow deco - and I think they'd have a hit.
                Last edited by darkmonkeygod; Feb 17, '10, 8:17 AM.

Comment

• mars396
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Sep 14, 2007

Originally posted by ramsey37
                  Yeah, I'm thinking they were referring to the other monster figures and not the Mego-style critters.
                  George
                  Diamond Select will be releasing several Universal Monsters collectibles starting this Fall. Diamond will be launching the all new Monsters line this fall with a Minimate git set, MEGO styled figure and a highly detailed action figure of the Creature from the Black Lagoon in the fall. Other Universal Monsters will follow in the fourth quarter of each year and will be made available in the same 3 formats.
                  fourth quarter of each year in the same 3 formats

3 formats:
                  Minimate git set
                  MEGO styled figure
                  highly detailed action figure

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Shame we are not getting a creature in there, but I cant really see it happening, because the rest of these guys are change hands and head, give them some cloths, and hey presto you have a character. For the creature you will simply have a whole body sculpt, like ahi did, and I think a jump suit just wont fit in this line, it would look to cheesy.

Comment

• spamn
                      Minty and All-Original!
                      • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
                      The Universal Select line will be two per season (Sept '10 giving us the Creature) w mass market (TRU) and direct market (comic shops) exclusives.

The Universal Monsters Mini-Mates will also be two sets per season, with TRU 2 pack exclusives. Creature and Wolf man are Sept 10.

The release schedule and price point on the "Retro Action" ReMego figures is unclear.

The roll out for all of this is through 2012, so who knows? I'd think the price point on the ReMegos would be $15 to $20, and they're cheaper than the rest to produce in terms of tooling. I'd like to see them all at once (SEPT '10), and then return each year. Re-release and vary them - cast in glow or just glow deco - and I think they'd have a hit.
                      It's really unclear to me whether or not there will be a Mego-esque Creature, and if so, if it will be released with the other format Creature figure. The release says that the monsters will be out in three formats but then goes on to say that the creature detailed figures will be released differently on a different schedule. Not clear at all.

I hope and want there to be one, dagnabbit!

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
                        Museum Patron
                        • Feb 11, 2009

Originally posted by spamn
                        It's really unclear to me whether or not there will be a Mego-esque Creature...
                        I agree that the release schedule for all this Universal stuff is confusing, but it is quite clear that the Creature will NOT be included in the first "wave" of Mego-style figures. The Mego-style figures in the first "wave" are Frankie, Drac, Wolfie and the Mummy. That's it. If there is going to be a Mego-style Creature (and I also hope there will be!!!), it will have to be in the second "wave". I really wish the good Doctor would step in here and offer some clarification in regards to Diamond's release plans.

Originally posted by alex
                        Shame we are not getting a creature in there, but I cant really see it happening, because the rest of these guys are change hands and head, give them some cloths, and hey presto you have a character. For the creature you will simply have a whole body sculpt, like ahi did, and I think a jump suit just wont fit in this line, it would look to cheesy.
                        I respectfully disagree. I think a Creature figure with head, hand, and feet sculpts, green EMCE body, and gillman body suit would not only be cool, but also very Mego-esque.

Comment

• spamn
                          Minty and All-Original!
                          • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
                          I think a Creature figure with head, hand, and feet sculpts, green EMCE body, and gillman body suit would not only be cool, but also very Mego-esque.
                          Ditto. The look worked fine for the Remco Creature. If they wanted to get a little fancier, they could do some kind of screen printed suit with some molded rubber attached in some key areas - like the chest, abdomen and the ridge down the back. Definitely think it's doable mego style.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Love them all, accurate yet pleasantly generic... the fabric they used for the Mummy suit/wrappings is excellent!

Here's hoping for Wave 2:

Gillman--I think, too, that a suit is both doable & appropriate
                            Phantom of the Opera
                            Bride of Frankenstein
                            Invisible Man, Quasimodo, or Hyde
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 17, '10, 3:32 PM.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

I think we're reading this wrong. Why would Diamond make protos for figures that weren't going to be released this year? That's contradicts the whole point of ToyFair being a yearly event.

IMO, it's a new series each fall quarter, not one of each over three years, especially when we were shown four. So the big four should be this September with another new run in 2011 and 2012. That would cover the bulk of the Universal library a company gets when they retain the lease.

Drac/Frank/Wolfman/Mummy

Creature/Bride/Phantom/Invisible Man

Igor + derivatives

Hopefully, someone will grab The Fly and Dr. Hyde to round it out.

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
                                I think a Creature figure with head, hand, and feet sculpts, green EMCE body, and gillman body suit would not only be cool, but also very Mego-esque.
                                Something like this, but maybe a little less detailed.
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎