X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Type3Toys
    Finally!!!! Now I can breath a sigh of relief!
    Anyone wondering what this means, I can proudly say John designed the Wolfman and also the Frankenstein and Mummy suits.
    I have a Wolfman and Frankenstein by John and when I saw the pics of the EMCE prototype figures at Toy Fair I knew John had to have had a hand in them and I was right. The Wolfman sculpt, hands and suit are exactly like the one I have, and so is the Frankenstein suit.
    I'm definitely getting these EMCE monsters, but it means more to me that I already have 2 of them, made by the designer himself.
    Job very well done John, you can be proud.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Hey John,

When I saw that Wolfman and Frankenstein, I knew you had to be involved. Very Cool.

If Marvel figures ever come along, I hope you get to work on Spidey, Man-Wolf, Mysterio and others.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
        Vet.
        • May 22, 2007

Congrats on a job well done John.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Wow. Never saw this coming. I'm so in. The Frank head looks like a shrunken Hasbro head from their short-lived doll line.

Where are the other Universal Monsters from? The first four are the ReMegos, but the pics from Creature and on are from someone else and about as close to the Sideshows I've seen yet.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

WOW. Great Job!!! The sculpts are perfect!! Wolfie is a spot on. Thanks Paul!! and Type3Toys John. Brilliant work. My daughter was even impressed and she doesn't like the monsters. Can't wait. About time they made these right. Now for the Creature..hint hint.

Comment

• Greenebow
              • Feb 15, 2010

These are really great. I'm looking forward to all of DST Universal Monster product.

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

Universal

Finally a line that captures the spirit of the the old horror movies without looking cheap.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Anyone noticing the use of the old Aurora head for the Mummy, like AHI did back in the early 70's? Very cool! Interesting though... I thought Polar Lights still had the licensing rights on that sculpt. Nice figures! I'm looking forward to buying those. No complaints on the prototypes either...

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 11, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Anyone noticing the use of the old Aurora head for the Mummy... I thought Polar Lights still had the licensing rights on that sculpt.
                    That's the first thing I noticed about the Mummy's head! I thought maybe that was done because Emce ran out of time, or the sculpt wasn't finished in time. It would be odd if the production Mummy ends up with the Aurora model kit head.

FYI: Polar Lights never had the rights to the Aurora kit molds. Revell has owned the Aurora molds for some time now (in fact, they just re-released the Franky, Drac, Wolfie and Mummy models a couple of months ago). You're thinking of the Monster kits released in the late 90's in the Aurora-style long boxes. Polar Lights teamed up with Toys R Us to license the Aurora name and logo, as well as commission Revell to reproduce the kits for them for a limited edition run.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
                      That's the first thing I noticed about the Mummy's head! I thought maybe that was done because Emce ran out of time, or the sculpt wasn't finished in time. It would be odd if the production Mummy ends up with the Aurora model kit head.

FYI: Polar Lights never had the rights to the Aurora kit molds. Revell has owned the Aurora molds for some time now (in fact, they just re-released the Franky, Drac, Wolfie and Mummy models a couple of months ago). You're thinking of the Monster kits released in the late 90's in the Aurora-style long boxes. Polar Lights teamed up with Toys R Us to license the Aurora name and logo, as well as commission Revell to reproduce the kits for them for a limited edition run.
                      Yep! I have all of those model kits boxed including the massive box set that contained all the monstrs TRU put out. Great line of model kits. Thanks for the head's up on Revell re-releasing them. I had heard rumors, but I had not seen an actual release date. Very cool!

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                        Yep! I have all of those model kits boxed including the massive box set that contained all the monstrs TRU put out. Great line of model kits. Thanks for the head's up on Revell re-releasing them. I had heard rumors, but I had not seen an actual release date. Very cool!
                        Those Revell reissue kits were out last year some time, I have seen them at our hobby shops several times.

Lynn

Comment

• trekman101
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2009

The Mummy is my favorite....I had the Aurora kit when I was a kid so I'm way fond of it
                          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• mars396
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 14, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                            Oh the pain! They are on display at Toy Fair but we are not allowed to
                            take pictures of them. I think you guys here at the Museum will be very
                            pleasantly surprised when you see the pictures - something old, something
                            new, something borrowed, something with fangs.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image85.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image86.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image87.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image88.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image89.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image90.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image91.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image92.asp

ALL AWESOME ! ! ! !

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Ah, Aurora, I thought it was an AHI head. Very similar they are.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
                                Museum Patron
                                • Feb 11, 2009

I just went to check out this AHI Mummy you guys keep talking about and it's also an exact copy of the Aurora kit head! Even the Mummy in the painting on the back of the AHI card is in the Aurora kit pose! Unbelievable!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎