The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

attel DC Super Heroes Retro-Action Green Arrow AFA U9.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

attel DC Super Heroes Retro-Action Green Arrow AFA U9.

That was fast.... I was just going to ask if anyone will do any grading in their GA, so I look around on evilbay and found two.

Mattel DC Super Heroes Retro-Action Green Arrow AFA U9. - eBay (item 300384355134 end time Feb-05-10 11:07:42 PST)

Mattel DC Super Heroes Retro-Action Green Arrow AFA U9. - eBay (item 380194872517 end time Feb-05-10 11:06:46 PST)
    Last edited by jayihdz; Jan 7, '10, 5:13 PM.
  • jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

Actually 3....

Mattel DC Super Heroes Retro-Action Green Arrow AFA U9. - eBay (item 380194872059 end time Feb-05-10 11:05:40 PST)

Comment

• MEGOMAN
      Defender of the Megoverse
      • Dec 30, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!! Shouldn't they give it a little bit of time first? You know, let the dust settle. How does AFA know that these are really the grade that they say they are. They should have given some time for the few lucky people who really have a nice "flat" carded GA. Is seems that all of us received our GA's with warpped cards.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

RIDICULOUS, TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.
        $80 for a graded brand new toy? They oughta shoot that seller and AFA
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Orion
          Museum Night Watchman
          • Mar 11, 2008

How much did the seller have to spend to get these figures graded anyway?

Comment

• EMCEtoys
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by Meule
            RIDICULOUS, TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.
            $80 for a graded brand new toy? They oughta shoot that seller and AFA
            I was gonna say the same thing until I saw you beat me to it.

What the hell is the AFA anyway? I think all these "grading" companies are just huge scams. They're clearly not for the fan, not even the typical collector. This is leveraging the thing into another category, like a friggin' mortgage security or something.

Look, glad to see that they're being received well, but this is positively obnoxious.

Comment

• timmy
              • Feb 5, 2008

And only a 9.0,
              Good grief....

Comment

• Kal-El
                Kirby is King
                • May 6, 2008

Remember this, AFA and any other grading company is someones opinion! And who's to say which grading company has the better grader. And in the end a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

AFA blah blah blah...

I say, as with most any toy including Megoes, open 'em & enjoy 'em!

(Of course, I might feel differently if I owned a carded Iron Man, Goblin, Lizard, etc. lol)
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Kal-El
                    And in the end a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
                    That's just it. This was never meant to be a collectible, it's a TOY, to be opened and played with. Sure, I can understand some people getting 2, so they can open one and keep another carded for display purposes, but grading it? Come on...
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Things like this give AFA a really bad name and destroy any credibility they have to the industry.

Comment

• Robin NY
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 13, 2008

one day I will turn over the AFA table at a con and attempt to shove my GA in their mouths, but seriously folks this is one of the reasons I personally do not care for any of these vultures

Comment

• vulcan2074
                          Live Long and Prosper
                          • Mar 23, 2008

Thats Crazy
                          Sammy

Comment

• toystalker
                            none
                            • Mar 27, 2008

uncirculated fair enough... but look at some of the figures in the blister/bubble! legs all over the place and stuff, i know about grading, the figure inside has to be dispayed mint, looking forward, legs perfectly placed and accessories, not to mention crystal clear bubble no warps in cards creases webs so on

these are not

there are deductions for bad points

calling uncirculated is a bluff

i have an uncirculated vintage moc anakin skywalker... i got it from the toy factory itself! but its crushed and damaged... i contacted toy graders and they would give the loose figure if removed from the bubble a u90 but the card would hit 60-65

some of these ga have bend warp in the card and the figures are all over the place inside

difficult to call it a u90 the toy factory send it to matty, matty send it to the purchaser, they sent to afa

uncirculated my ****

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎