• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Green Arrow head swap!

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    I remember Mattel saying they were fixing the weak ankled JLU figures, and that never happened. So, don't hold your breath. All I know is if I paid 30 bucks for Green Arrow and then had to customize him to get a usable figure, I'd be po'ed.
    I hear you brother!!! Imagine if the figure would've looked like this "Right out the Box" (See my newly Custom GA below). I mean he has now what i refer to as "Nice articulate body", with "Great poseability" and everything looks symmetrical....like if he was ripped right out of a DC Comic (even the boots). Yes! I'm happy now, and so are my kids. However, this happiness comes with an extra cost and labor by me. It shouldn't have to......Again, I reiterate "Right out the box".
    C'mon Mattel, we're pushing for you !!!

Last edited by Ivaniski; Jan 6, '10, 9:33 PM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Just ordered some Castaway boots. I decided to go with the new style. Hope it doesn't take long for them to get here.

I bet Castaway are loving this. I see a boost in their sales this month. lol

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

So, in the bottom picture did he shoot his bow along with the arrow? He looks like he's watching his bow wrap around the guy he shot the arrow at.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I made a replace arrow-head: kryptonite!

Another picture in the custom forum.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Green Arrow head swap!

Originally posted by pmwasson
            Cool Stuff !!! I likes, I likes.......

Comment

• shellhead
              museum rustpot
              • Mar 1, 2007

I am wondering, after Doc spent years of hard work re-launching Mego, having gotten Marty on board, and finally giving you the "Worlds Greatest Superheroes" you've all been dreaming of, WHY are you supporting Cast-a-Way !
              Doc brought back Star Trek,(with improvements!) Apes, and after years of not even breaking even on investments, finaly gets DC Heroes done !
              And how is he thanked for this?
              ****ing and moaning about Mattels Body, (not Docs Idea),the boots, the color, and the solution for all this? Cast-a-Way?
              Why are you not even considering Docs Bodies,and Docs boots ?
              I be ****ed as hell if I went through everything Paul's went through to get this done, only to see everyone throw all their money over to Cast-a-Way.

If you truly appreciate what Doc has accomplished, would it be to much to throw a little support to the guy that spent so much time,and money to get this done ?

Options
              Quote message in reply?
              Last edited by shellhead; Jan 17, '10, 1:05 AM.
              Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

^^ I think the added arm articulation has something to do with it.
                Especially for posing with the bow.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

I love Doc's stuff and have bought everything he makes: Trek, Night of the Living Dead, Mattel Retro-Action heroes, plus numerous repro bodies and parts. I've also bought cast-a-way and CTVT stuff. Heck, I'll buy anything in 8".

I have never once complained about the Mattel Green Arrow -- I think its great. I just love tinkering with stuff and "making it my own". While I might be hesitant to rip apart a vintage Mego figure to make a custom, I don't even have second thought about the Mattel figures since I know it will be easy to get more.

I'm sure Paul would be much more upset if nobody was talking about them!
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I've spent plenty of money at drmego.com over the years. Unfortunately, his bodies don't pose so well for a figure like Green Arrow. Doc made a conscious choice not to add swivel biceps to his bodies. He also doesn't carry squishy boots. If people want those things, they must go elsewhere.

I understand where you're coming from. I think it is kind of a kick in the nuts to Paul that the Green Arrows are being upgraded with Castaway parts. When I rework mine, it won't have any Castaway parts on it, and the only reason for that is out of respect to him. I know it sounds corny, but that has been my plan all along. I think it's worth noting that not one shred of criticism for these figures has been directed at Paul. If he had been in charge of production, I'd bet my life these figures would be amazing.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by pmwasson
                      That looks cool
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by shellhead
                        I am wondering, after Doc spent years of hard work re-launching Mego, having gotten Marty on board, and finally giving you the "Worlds Greatest Superheroes" you've all been dreaming of, WHY are you supporting Cast-a-Way !
                        Doc brought back Star Trek,(with improvements!) Apes, and after years of not even breaking even on investments, finaly gets DC Heroes done !
                        And how is he thanked for this?
                        ****ing and moaning about Mattels Body, (not Docs Idea),the boots, the color, and the solution for all this? Cast-a-Way?
                        Why are you not even considering Docs Bodies,and Docs boots ?
                        I be ****ed as hell if I went through everything Paul's went through to get this done, only to see everyone throw all their money over to Cast-a-Way.

If you truly appreciate what Doc has accomplished, would it be to much to throw a little support to the guy that spent so much time,and money to get this done ?

Options
                        Quote message in reply?
                        Nobody is blaiming Doc for anything. And people ARE spending their money on Mattel, so what's the problem. It would've been worse if people didn't buy GA.

And why is it so bad that people support Cast-a-Way as well? They do pretty much the same EMCE is doing, but on a smaller scale. They deserve our support as much as anyone.

And if people want to make the ultimate GA by combining Cast-a-Way with DM and Mattel then what's the harm? Win-win situation for everyone.
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

I support Doc/EMCE...I bought the Star Trek Figures by the Case. And I've bought two GA's. But there's enough room for more than one Player in this game. Mattel's Green Arrow can't hold his Bow...so Cast-A-Way is filling the "niche".
                          sigpic

Comment

• shellhead
                            museum rustpot
                            • Mar 1, 2007

My point is...the guys at Cast-a-way didn't have a thing to do with getting these figures made, DOC DID !
                            The other thing is that a lot of you have slaughtered the Famous Covers, and Hasbro's DC figures because they weren't Megos. They both had swivel biceps, but the weren't Megos. Paul's figures are like Megos, His boots, are like Megos, he had these things made in China at his own great expense for collectors of Megos.
                            Cast-a-Way figures are great, but they are more like LJN with the swivel arms.
                            Paul had that option, but he chose to stay close to the original Mego.
                            If any of you had spent 10's of thousands of dollars of YOUR money to support collectors with new MEGO's ( and they ARE now, just ask Marty ) then how would you feel, to see someone else get support! The term Matt-a-Way has got to be the biggest kick in the nuts you could give Paul after doing all this.
                            Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                              ...I'm using the Matty lower arm w/green hands (fits perfectly on the Castaway swivel upper arm).
                              That's good to know for GL and Sinestro. I was wondering at what articulation point I was going to have pull Lantern's hands off for the ring.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                                GLOWS in the Dark!
                                • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by hedrap
                                That's good to know for GL and Sinestro. I was wondering at what articulation point I was going to have pull Lantern's hands off for the ring.
                                Also, the hands fit a Castaway body just fine. You will need to heat them up to pull then from the Mattel body, but they pop in and out of a Castaway body no prob.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎