X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Retro Action Card Art (GREEN ARROW!)

I have the pictures of the new cards for Mattel's Retro Action (Mego style DC Superheroes) that everyone has been wanting to see.

Enjoy:

Infinite Hollywood: DC Retro Action Figures Mego Style
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    I have the pictures of the new cards for Mattel's Retro Action (Mego style DC Superheroes) that everyone has been wanting to see.

Enjoy:

Infinite Hollywood: DC Retro Action Figures Mego Style

AWESOME!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! First look at the BATMAN!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Pics of the card is up on the mattycollector.com now too.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

Did I miss something? That picture of Batman on the card is the
        same one from the Toyfare ad. The only change made was the
        logo from World's Greatest Superheroes to Retro Action.

Green Arrow is ready to go for next Tuesday on mattycollector.com
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Raydeen1
          Persistent Member
          • May 23, 2008

On an up note, it has JLGL art. Otherwise, it's nothing to write home about. The characters on the back are too far apart or something. Red for his name? Where's the Arrow/bullseye logo? A generic font? Speaking as a designer, this is poor at best. Not that it matters. I could honestly care less. Just happy to see WGSH back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Orion
            Museum Night Watchman
            • Mar 11, 2008

Preferred the WGSH Logo to the new one - but other than that no real complaints. I guess the mustard color card is an odd choice for the Green Arrow. Shouldn't it be green?? Still looking forward to the release date.

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by Raydeen1
              On an up note, it has JLGL art. Otherwise, it's nothing to write home about. The characters on the back are too far apart or something. Red for his name? Where's the Arrow/bullseye logo? A generic font? Speaking as a designer, this is poor at best. Not that it matters. I could honestly care less. Just happy to see WGSH back!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Yeah, the card art won't stop me from buying a Green Arrow or two, but the design is kind of a stinker.

Comment

• bondtoddbond
                Mego Museum Super Spy
                • Aug 14, 2009

It could be more exciting, but I think we'd all gladly buy them anyway, even if they came in brown mailer boxes...
                sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Agreed. I think the art looks pretty good. It's nice to see some retro DC artwork on a toy package. The designs of the more recent DC mainstream figure packages haven't been very good either.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Raydeen1
                    Speaking as a designer, this is poor at best.
                    My sentiments exactly.....
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I agree. Mattel wants me to lay down $30.00 for one of these figures and I get this generic layout? I also think they should have kept the "World's Greatest Superheroes" tag. What's the point of giving this card the "aged" look if your not going to stay true with the name? It sort of defeats the purpose and actually makes this poor design look even cheaper... I'm going to hold back buying one of these now and see how these figures look after they are out and a few have reviewed them. If Mattel didn't put much effort into the card, how are we suppose to believe they did any better with the figure itself? NOT showing the figure now after a bad showing on this card, suggests some nervousness on the part of Mattel.
                      Last edited by MIB41; Dec 8, '09, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                        Superman's Pal
                        • Jun 17, 2005

While I agree with Todd that we'd all buy them if they were in brown mailer boxes, the more I look at that package design, the more irritated I get that it's just so bad on so many levels. Didn't anyone with an eye for art look at this thing before it went into production?

Frankly, the design of the package pales in comparison to some of the fine packages designed by our own Museum members. I'm hoping some of those talented folks will consider doing alternate packaging (boxes!) on their own.

I really, really want this line to succeed, but if that's the packaging going forward, ugh.

Don't care much for the new name, either, but I'm curious about what else Mattel has planned... whether the name change is a reflection of Mattel's desire to reproduce other vintage non-Mego toys, or remake non-superhero Megos, whether it means they'll be doing classic non-superhero action figures in a Mego style. Hmmmm.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                          Frankly, the design of the package pales in comparison to some of the fine packages designed by our own Museum members. I'm hoping some of those talented folks will consider doing alternate packaging (boxes!) on their own.
                          Hmmmmm...... FlashForward!Green Arrow Box
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

I have a feeling a lot of folks will be purchasing repro MEGO cards and boxes to display these figures.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                              Defender of the Megoverse
                              • Dec 30, 2008

Finally, the packaging is confirmed. But I agreee it does need more work. It could have really been done much much better!!! Maybe when wave 1 comes out they will correct this.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎