X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
    Also a sentiment that was the source of heated debate and you see the result. The overall philosophy behind these figures is something to the effect of "if MEGO never closed, how would they balance their style with the more strict compliances of character style guides and corporate initiatives?"
    Cool! Mego Mego-innocent but closer to style guide. Sounds perfect. I always wished figures like Batman looked more like he actually did in the comics at the time. To this day I dislike the short stubby ears and pudgey face of the Mego Batman.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Chris DVM
      Veterinarian Member
      • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
      Wonderful. Just Wonderful.
      You know, I never played with Mego's when I was a kid - starting collecting them as an adult. My son turns 2 in August. This will be great - living a childhood I never had by watching my son play with 'new mego figures.'
      And the best part - they WILL get played with, not just kept in packages on shelves to be seen and not touched.
      Kudos to all - now get them out so we can buy them!!
      Chris DVM
      "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• EMCEtoys
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by clemso
        Whats Superman's chest logo made of. Is it an embroidered S ?
        The plan is to make it more of a vinyl heat-seal like the later MEGOS had, such as the Fantastic Four, so they don't fall off. Screen printing seemed like not such a great idea. I'm gonna caveat that by saying that we're just at the proto stage and the process has been requested.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
          I always wished figures like Batman looked more like he actually did in the comics at the time. To this day I dislike the short stubby ears and pudgey face of the Mego Batman.
          You just wait

Comment

• MEGOMAN
            Defender of the Megoverse
            • Dec 30, 2008

I am going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Are we going to see female characters and smaller bodies ? ... aka a Robin with correct body size ?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

What will the cost of these new DC Megos be?

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 1, 2007

okay, here's where i can toe the corporate line. some of you guys caught that there was a character i mentioned that suddenly disappeared...apparently changes to the plan happened on site at sdcc and i'm only going off of what i know i'm allowed to talk about. they're giving us a lot of slack (hence all these posts), but i'm erring on the side of not announcing anything they haven't announced until they tell me otherwise. so re: female or other bodies, i'm afraid i can't say.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 1, 2007

oh, and cost i can't say because i don't know. our financial relationship on this project differs from previous projects and it has no impact on pricing, which will be set by mattel.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I hope the protos will be on display later today so we can get better pics of them. I'd love to see the detail.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

[Quote:Werewolf]
                        Cool! Mego Mego-innocent but closer to style guide. Sounds perfect. I always wished figures like Batman looked more like he actually did in the comics at the time. To this day I dislike the short stubby ears and pudgey face of the Mego Batman.

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                        You just wait

YaHo!!! FINALLY....a decent looking Batman!! I HATE the Mego molded Cowl Batman!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

I have this incredible urge to put my old cowboy jammies on, grab a big bowl of Cap'n crunch and a glass of chocolate milk, and just sit on the floor in front of the computer screen and watch history be made!!!

Nice work. After all the years of debate about how to do this, here we sit with the results unfolding before our eyes. I for one applaud the mix of new and old, and cant wait to see more...nothing specific...anything really...just want to see more!!

By the way, can you tell us anything about the Trek or Zombies line Joe?
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• JDeRouen
                            Author of Small Things
                            • Jun 14, 2001

Very cool news indeed.
                            --
                            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 1, 2007

Hokee-dokee, so I think I've answered all the questions...I hope no-one feels I hogged the thread. This really should have been Paul's spot, but given the immediacy of the web we didn't have the luxury of waiting, so I filled in from here.

First of, thanx to all of you for your support of my oldest and dearest friend Paul,who has made this a mission of his for more than a decade, and for your support of our endeavors. I hope two things: that what we produce make you guys happy and that there are tens of thousands of you buying so we can make these for a couple of years

Now if it's okay, I;m gonna go nap...it's been a ling coupla weeks...

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 1, 2007

*long*

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡