X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Zemo
    I think this will make a Marvel deal impossible. Disney is a tough cookie when it comes to their stuff.
    I agree. I think Disney may make it more difficult to build new product on the Mego level.

Comment

• EVENINGWOLF
      • Aug 16, 2009

Originally posted by Zemo
      I think this will make a Marvel deal impossible. Disney is a tough cookie when it comes to their stuff.
      That they are...However...if this line goes well enough...they may see the sense from a purely financial point and decide to, if not partner with Matell or EMCE then to do it on their own. When it comes to merchendise...Disney knows their stuff..and they know a good idea when they see it. Especially with the various movies coming out...toy lines for those in this style...woulod go over big...espeically with those of us that have that uncommon sense of nostaliga for these things. Mind you, I'm not holding my breath, I just think there are factors that COULD make it a possiblity.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Years ago we would, and did, say the same thing about DC figures coming back and Mego returning. Nowadays, I believe anything is possible. If the right people are interested and have the power it could happen. Look what's happened in just the last 2 years: Trek, Apes and now DC. I have hope we could see Marvel in the future.

I am really looking forward to the DC line and to seeing what's planned after this first wave. I hope they keep coming for years.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by johnpauljones
          Which Steel are you talking about? The Steel (who now goes by citizen Steel in the JSA) I think of first, debuted in 1976 or 77, which I think is still Mego time frame. That said, a Mego Firestorm (who debuted around the same time) would be great!
          Actually citizen Steel is his decendant and the 3rd to wear the colors
          the original Steel (later Commander Steel in All Star Sqqudron) had the 5 issue comic in the late 70's was Hank Heywood

the 2nd was (Hank Heywood the 3rd) called simply Steel and was part of the then earth 1 JLA in the detroit league

Citiizen Steel is the cousin of the 2nd and a later grandson of the first

Comment

• johnpauljones
            • Oct 13, 2007

Thanks for the clarification. I would like to see the original Hank Heywood Steel as a Mego. But my (extra long shot) biggest wishes would be Golden Age GL, and Mr. Miracle.

Comment

• kenabrams
              • May 18, 2009

If there is a shot of making a Marvel/Emce relationship happen through Hasbro then Marty and I will make it happen. Joe and Paul have done an amazing job keeping it alive. Love those guys.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by kenabrams
                If there is a shot of making a Marvel/Emce relationship happen through Hasbro then Marty and I will make it happen. Joe and Paul have done an amazing job keeping it alive. Love those guys.

Wow! That's cool to hear!And welcome to the Mego Museum...it's nice to see you here!! We're ALL extremely greatful for what you've done!
                sigpic

Comment

• Jerry68
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                  Wow! That's cool to hear!And welcome to the Mego Museum...it's nice to see you here!! We're ALL extremely greatful for what you've done!
                  Amen to that!
                  sigpic

Comment

• drogge
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 24, 2009

Marvel

I think Disney will have to honor whatever contracts are in place, depending on what those are I think there is a good chance we could see Marvel Megos in the future but not in the near term. Just my guess. Who makes marvel figures these days. Is it not Mattel? Is not Mattel producing the new Megos?

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

Great way to "pop" in Ken! I'd love to see that happen!

Comment

• trekman101
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2009

I sure hope Marvel will come on board...
                        Last edited by trekman101; Sep 3, '09, 12:31 AM.
                        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• vulcan2074
                          Live Long and Prosper
                          • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by kenabrams
                          Awesome! Welcome to the Museum
                          Sammy

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Amen, sir!

Originally posted by The Bat
                            Amen to that! Welcome to the museum forum, sir. Nice to meet you so to speak.
                            —-
                            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                            - Captain Spock
                            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• drogge
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

Hasbro

Hasbro has the rights to Marvel toys until 2017, unless things have changed with the sell to Disney. They have made some similiar style toys with thier signature line. Anyone hear any news about what characters might be coming as the Star Trek line continues.

Comment

• drmego
                                EMCE Toys
                                • Jun 15, 2001

New Star Trek

Originally posted by drogge
                                Hasbro has the rights to Marvel toys until 2017, unless things have changed with the sell to Disney. They have made some similiar style toys with thier signature line. Anyone hear any news about what characters might be coming as the Star Trek line continues.
                                Yes I have - but I can't tell you guys yet. Lots of other good news
                                in the works, but not a word until I'm allowed.
                                www.drmego.com
                                www.megoman.com
                                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎