Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

I would so Love to see a nice Harley Quinn. Yum. I personally love RCHE's one...unfortunately the pics are gone.
    Last edited by SlipperyLilSuckers; Aug 8, '09, 1:44 AM.

Comment

• zerohour
      • Apr 16, 2008

It's been a long time since I've posted on these boards and look at the crazy news I come back to find!!

I can't believe they are actually bringing these back...that is so awesome!
      Pics can't come soon enough.

Comment

• K
        Fun Will Now Commence
        • Jun 20, 2001

Add me along with Speedy to those who have been absent lately. I echo Speedy's sentiments, though. It's fantastic news!
        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I'd love to see a Harley Quinn too!

Her cowl would be hard to pull off, unless it was the entire head, and not removable.

I for one, would LOVE to see Nightwing, as well as Jericho, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, and all the others from the updated Teen Titans.

Heck, I'd even take a Raven, she was one of my favorites! And of course we have to have Starfire, although I think that permanent has got to go.
          JediJaida

Comment

• geoffdude
            Banned
            • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
            I'd love to see a Harley Quinn too!

Her cowl would be hard to pull off, unless it was the entire head, and not removable.

I for one, would LOVE to see Nightwing, as well as Jericho, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, and all the others from the updated Teen Titans.

Heck, I'd even take a Raven, she was one of my favorites! And of course we have to have Starfire, although I think that permanent has got to go.
            A few updated Titans would be cool. Nightwing, Robin (Tim), Kid Flash (Bart), Cyborg and Beast Boy would be must haves. Then of course they would need to do the Doom Patrol. Robot Man, Negative Man and Elasti-Girl would rock. By the way, matty.com will have the afore mentioned Doom Patrol figures in JLU form (exclusives) in a few months. The first time they have ever been in toy form I think (beast boy aside).

g.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              I have a few questions....

1) Can we expect ANY characters from SuperFriends such as Samuri, Wonder Twins, Black Vulcan, etc?
              2) Will the Toys R Us in Canada carry these as well?
              3) Will the heads be soft rubber with interchangable neck plugs?
              anybody?
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• cdhall
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2004

!

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                That's the best part -- our lord and benefactor, the great Marty Abrams made this happen.

After doing the right thing by the Abramses with Star Trek and Apes, Marty repaid the favor by talking to his longtime friend who is President of one of the Mattel divisions and said, "make this happen". An assist from his son Ken, who also has high-up ties at Mattel.

So, it goes to show that even in the scummy business world, it pays to do the right thing.
                That may be the Coolest thing I have EVER read.

I just found this thread. I'm trying to read 47 pages. This is AWESOME News. I have to get my Space Command Center and start saving for this stuff.

I can't wait to read more!

This is really incredible. Some of you guys would not let Mego die years ago and now, through sheer force of will, you have brought it back to life.

Incredible! God bless you all!
                Last edited by cdhall; Aug 11, '09, 12:23 AM. Reason: correct 49 posts to read 47 pages
                —-
                “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                - Captain Spock
                https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

God bless you, Doc!

Originally posted by drmego
                  Now it can be told!!!!

I told you to have faith - the next several months will be full of good news!

It feels so good to finally be able to speak...er....write about this.
                  God bless you. You Willed this into existence, with help I know.

It reminds me of when I first found the museum and your site. I'm still reading. I wanted to thank you now though. I'm only on pg17 of 49 or something right now... I saw another post about a blog that had photos, I'm hoping to find it again on here.

Thank you so much. I hope you are bursting with joy and excitement. And I hope it was worth it for you as well in every way.
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• drogge
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 24, 2009

The return of The World's Greatest Heros

I have in my lifetime owned about every Mego figure ever made. I lived and breathed Megos as a child. I remember doing odd jobs for money to be able to run down to Macy's and buy these figures. I am so excited the powers that be have decided to take the approach "what if Mego had stayed," and I am ready to purchase these new figures. I can't wait to hear the complete line-up. I have all kinds of advice to offer but I will for now keep my lips together as I wait to hear more from EMCE. I was wondering if there will be any new offerings with the Star Trek and Apes figures.

Comment

• zeedox
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 10, 2007

What needs to happen for Marvel Megos?

Hasbro joins EMCE?
                      Would Mattel mind that?

Or maybe a Diamond deal?

So this is branching out now officially the EMCE Star Trek and Apes will not be the same toy line as the Mattel stuff right?

Tomorrow is some kind of Marvel Anniversary I think:

The Official Website for Marvel’s 70th Anniversary!

GOOD TIME TO INFILTRATE THE MARVEL BOARDS FOR MEGO!

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Someone update me please. I still need a few Emce Treks. Have they ceased production? I assume there are no more being made now and I better get what I'm missing. Right? I need 2 Sulus, 1 Chekov and 1 Uhura I think. Maybe 2 Khans. I'd have to look. 1 Cheron... I have at least 2 of everyone else. I plan to get at least 2 of the new Mattel line.

Is Mattel releasing these WGSH as Mattel or Emce or did I miss that post?

These figures were prototypes have there been releases of prototype packages so we can see the name of the company etc?

I think Doc said he'd post news about WGSH in this thread, right?

I may email him directly also but I thought someone here may already know. PM or post is fine. Thanks.

EDIT: OOPS!
                        OK, I see Doc has most of these on his site and even Khan is available online. I have to hurry and get them and the Deluxe Space Command Center!

But I assume they are not going to be produced again, that existing inventories are it, right? Let me know. Thanks.
                        I am going to have to get at least 2 of the WGSH line too I'm afraid. Flashbacks you know...
                        I hope they put Wonder Woman (girl) and maybe Brainiac (another villain) in the next wave. I guess from the thread that perhaps those 2, Batman and Flash would be popular. That all fits in with the Superfriends right? That is a Superfriends Lex isn't it? Did Lex ever have that costume in Superman Comics?
                        Last edited by cdhall; Aug 14, '09, 7:19 PM. Reason: Noted in post, checked Docs site for Trek megos.
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

EMCE Star Trek is not dead - we just took some time off to work on the
                          Mattel project. Next year will see more Trek courtesy of DST.

The new DC figures will be made by Mattel with their name on the
                          packaging (which I have not seen yet) in their factory. We just
                          could not compete with their resources in manufacturing.

EMCE will not be mentioned on the packaging - just as the Four
                          Horsemen are not credited on the packaging for work they do
                          for Mattel.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• 60'schild
                            Silver Haired Silver Ager
                            • Mar 27, 2009

A famous painter's signature does not have to be on a masterpiece in order for experts to know his style. While some folks getting the product at the brick and mortar stores might never hear of you, doc, there are more than enough savy fans on the net to make up for that. And to say it is appreciated is the largest of understatements.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                              EMCE Star Trek is not dead - we just took some time off to work on the
                              Mattel project. Next year will see more Trek courtesy of DST.

WOW!! More Star Trek!! Just when you think things couldn't get any better....we get even more good news!!! I've died and gone to Heaven!
                              sigpic

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

Amen!

Originally posted by The Bat
                                WOW!! More Star Trek!! Just when you think things couldn't get any better....we get even more good news!!! I've died and gone to Heaven!
                                Amen.

At the risk of getting in trouble, if they release a figure of Jesus, it could actually signal the Rapture.

Awesome news! I won't speculate on what Trek guy might be next, but does this mean I don't have to panic on having missed any Trek figures yet, except maybe Khan?

I want to know how many more seconds I have to get them. I almost have 2 of each and I need to get the Deluxe Space Command Center (or two).

So we still have time to get Sulu etc? Thanks Doc!

What do you want for Christmas? I'll try to buy at least 2 of everything I can. This should be Trek, Apes and several WGSH. Thank you!
                                —-
                                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍