Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindwarp1966
    • Jan 17, 2009

wow

doc mego congrats and this is great that it didnt happin after id be using my kiss coffin =)

Comment

• Caelonfox
      • Aug 7, 2008

I'm sooooo glad you guys got the green light for the WGSH line. My son has been begging me to play with all my Megos and playsets - and that ain't happening! So now I can fully equip the little guy. I can't wait to go into TRU and actually see these carded figures on the pegs. I know I'm jumping the gun here, but you all are thinking it too............Playsets and vehicles!!!!! Is it even remotely possible Paul?
      Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• AJ Collector
        The Biggest Little Man!
        • Aug 24, 2008

So glad this can be talked about, I found out a few months ago and was told it was all hush-hush.

They look awesome, can’t wait to see what else they add to the line.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Caelonfox
          I'm sooooo glad you guys got the green light for the WGSH line. My son has been begging me to play with all my Megos and playsets - and that ain't happening! So now I can fully equip the little guy. I can't wait to go into TRU and actually see these carded figures on the pegs. I know I'm jumping the gun here, but you all are thinking it too............Playsets and vehicles!!!!! Is it even remotely possible Paul?
          hey - welcome to the museum!

i'm doubting we see playsets but you can always hope.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
            Okay now, ah'm jus' axin' here...don't you think he looks a little mean for a MEGO?

I mean, if we were THEORETICALLY going to do BATMAN...after all the talk we did about the "Mego innocence", doesn't this guy look like he needs some baby powder in his undies?

Again, this is TOTALLY HYPOTHETICAL. TOTALLY.
            Personally I love the Neal Adams look. As much as I love my Megos.....Even Ford didn't produce the same exact Mustang in 05 when they re-invented itself. Then Chevy and Dodge followed suit. I think you need to take the old idea and make it new..to make the line Great!!!:drool_

Now the Dark Knight ....he looks mean

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
              Okay now, ah'm jus' axin' here...don't you think he looks a little mean for a MEGO?

Well....the Mego CONAN doesn't exacly look like he's in a Friendly mood...he looks pretty P.O.'d!!
              sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

^ Thor ain't all peaches and cream either
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I always figured that Thor and Conan had atomic wedgies, but that was waaaaaaay back when I was eight years old.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• zeedox
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 10, 2007

Marvel reaction?

It seems marvel came out with the 3 inch line after dc infinite heroes. I wonder if they have a take on the re-mego announcement.

The question is could doc mego be recruited by hasbro too. Or have we established loyalties towards dc as time goes on?

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

This is the most Amazing news!! Somehow I knew when the Trek figures came out I knew that The Superheros would soon follow I just had that faith it would happen.

Seeing these new modern version just brought the little boy in me a joy that I felt when I first layed my eyes on them when i first saw them as a child.

Paul and company Thank you for this. Because not only will I enjoy this, but so will my children who will have their own versions to enjoy and play with, and that truly makes me a happy man!

Can't wait to see what a new Improved Captain Marvel will look like! Oh happy day!!!!!

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

Neal Adams wasn't all mean either. This is Neal's Batman art for the Wayne Foundation Mego box. Very friendly. He's here to help!

This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by MegoScott
                          Neal Adams wasn't all mean either. This is Neal's Batman art for the Wayne Foundation Mego box. Very friendly. He's here to help!

http://www.didadisplays.com/adams_bat.jpg
                          yep, i like this guy. a lot.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                            Can't wait to see what a new Improved Captain Marvel will look like! Oh happy day!!!!!
                            Neither can I. He was my first MEGO, and Paul presented me with one mint in box after we got the Trek figures launched. Hated the fact that everyone else called him"Shazam", the same kids that would say "The Star Track Enterprise" or call Ben Grimm "Rock Man".

I know you're all harboring the same maturity-challenged resentments too, don't deny it

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

somewhere between the grin and the grimace lies the ....

uh
                              grinace?

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

[QUOTE=MegoScott;360402]Neal Adams wasn't all mean either. This is Neal's Batman art for the Wayne Foundation Mego box. Very friendly. He's here to help!

It's true!! Back in those Days...BATMAN smiled once in awhile. Not that I'm saying I want him smiling...but maybe just a Cocky smirk?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎