• Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    Don't go!
    We were just starting to "bond"....
    Agreed

Thanks,
    Derek
    Member of the Paul Clarke and Joe Sena Fan Club
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Iron_fox85
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 14, 2008

my question is! WILL they be release at stores and retail? or the ****ty matty collectors BS?

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 11, 2009

Iron Fox, this question has been answered. GA is a Matty Collector exclusive. All others will be for sale at Toy R Us.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 14, 2008

*rubs paws together* good. good.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• wonderfan32
            • Jul 27, 2009

Hello,

I'm new here but post semi-regularly on the DCDirect Board. I'm an avid action figure collector specifically interested in all things Mego or Mego like (i.e. Famous Covers, DC9/Marvel Signature Series, and DC 13"). I'm overwhelmed that the toys from my childhood are coming back once again. I loved what I have seen so far for this line, that is except for the fabric for the cape on Superman. I may be the only one that feels this way but I want the figures to last a long time and I know from the Megos I've collected over the years, that the capes fray pretty easily with the material used for the capes. I know it's part of keeping with the tradition but will there be any considerations for using lycra instead? It certainly doesn't fray as easy.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by ;359857
              Hello,

I'm new here but post semi-regularly on the DCDirect Board. I'm an avid action figure collector specifically interested in all things Mego or Mego like (i.e. Famous Covers, DC9/Marvel Signature Series, and DC 13"). I'm overwhelmed that the toys from my childhood are coming back once again. I loved what I have seen so far for this line, that is except for the fabric for the cape on Superman. I may be the only one that feels this way but I want the figures to last a long time and I know from the Megos I've collected over the years, that the capes fray pretty easily with the material used for the capes. I know it's part of keeping with the tradition but will there be any considerations for using lycra instead? It certainly doesn't fray as easy.
              Very Good observation and very good question!!! Welcome aboard wonderfan32

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by wonderfan32
                I'm overwhelmed that the toys from my childhood are coming back once again.
                Welcome Aboard wonderfan32!

The last few years have seen several of my childhood toys come back in some form or another and that has been a lot of fun. This is the most exciting of all returns and I can't wait to buy one off the peg. Love the EMCE Trek and Apes, but I had to order them. I want to walk into a store and find toys and that's coming with this line! If it is anything like the rush I got finding Adventure Team in Wal-Mart two years ago, I'm going to be giddy.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                  I believe (not sure) that Mattel currently has a great looking Batman Sculpt on it's DC 13" Superhero line. I'm not sure if it's a Neal Adams head....But it looks nice (especially the ears).....

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...an13bSmall.jpg
                  Okay now, ah'm jus' axin' here...don't you think he looks a little mean for a MEGO?

I mean, if we were THEORETICALLY going to do BATMAN...after all the talk we did about the "Mego innocence", doesn't this guy look like he needs some baby powder in his undies?

Again, this is TOTALLY HYPOTHETICAL. TOTALLY.

Comment

• saildog
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                    .... doesn't this guy look like he needs some baby powder in his undies?

I so baby powder my undies everyday and people comment that I seem to smile a lot. Well, that's the secret!

Comment

• wonderfan32
                      • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by saildog
                      Welcome Aboard wonderfan32!

The last few years have seen several of my childhood toys come back in some form or another and that has been a lot of fun. This is the most exciting of all returns and I can't wait to buy one off the peg. Love the EMCE Trek and Apes, but I had to order them. I want to walk into a store and find toys and that's coming with this line! If it is anything like the rush I got finding Adventure Team in Wal-Mart two years ago, I'm going to be giddy.
                      Thank you. It started for me back in 97' with the Famous Cover figures. Actually, the fascination started back in 94' with seeing Charlee Flatt's customs. I couldn't believe someone had done that! They ignited the fire for me for Megos. To see this come to fruition is truly great news! I don't know where they're going to go once I get them but I'll make room.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I mean, if we were THEORETICALLY going to do BATMAN...

Uh huh.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

fantastic. my hat is off to everyone involved. can't wait to pick up 2 sets for myself and 1 for my son.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 18, 2008

So great to hear the news we have been waiting so long for. big thanks to anyone who had anything to do with this. I am so excited.

Comment

• mego73
                              Printed paperboard Tiger
                              • Aug 1, 2003

Okay now, ah'm jus' axin' here...don't you think he looks a little mean for a MEGO?

I mean, if we were THEORETICALLY going to do BATMAN...after all the talk we did about the "Mego innocence", doesn't this guy look like he needs some baby powder in his undies?

I've always loved Megos friendly look.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• 60'schild
                                Silver Haired Silver Ager
                                • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by mego73
                                I've always loved Megos friendly look.
                                Agreed. The "super-friends-ish" style is definitely part of the appeal for me too , whether seen as a nod to the show or similar to a lot of Silver Age/Bronze Age art.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎