Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

If I could improve one thing with the new bodies, I think their behinds & hips are a little too small.

Other then that, they look like Mego's to me.

Comment

• grayhank
      That Fisher Price Guy
      • Feb 9, 2007

Ok I'm all caught up and very excited! Thanks Doc & Co. for making this happen!

I really love the prototypes but I do hope you guys "rethink" the gauntlets a little more. They are somewhat distracting and remind me of legwarmers, especially on Green Lantern(he doesn't really wear gloves as his suit is actually all one piece as sort of an extra layer of skin). Other than that I'm holding my breath until 2010!
      Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• megalomaniac001
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

When I heard the news, my jaw dropped and my eyes got wide! I felt like a 7 year old again. I must say that this is the most exciting toy news I have heard in a long time. So much so that I had to join this forum! I am glad to see Matel 'get's it' with these figures. Remember Toy Biz Famous Covers? I think they would have been a huge success had they simply made them the right size! I love how Matel is mixing old and new characters. I do think they should make the cards look new and not weathered. The top of my wish list is a Neil Adams style Batman and Teen Robin. I also hope they make some female figures for this line as I have three girls and would love to get them some 'Super Gal's' to play with. As for me, I will buy these (more than one of each) to support this line in hopes that it will continue well into the future!

Comment

• hartley0
          Repatriator
          • Oct 14, 2008

the spirit lives on

This is terrific news, if for no other reason than to be able to buy these for my son when he is old enough and to make a new generation aware of the design of these wonderful toys!! Ok, and so I can buy them too

I personally hope that (1) they focus less on reproducing the original WGSHs (contra the style/scope of the majority of the wonderful EMCE ST & POTA lines - not that there is anything wrong with this; just my personal preference!!) and instead (2) focus on making characters which the original WGSH lineup 'should' have included. In order of importance, I would say these would be:
          • Flash (Barry Allen)
          • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
          • Hawkman
          • Martian Manhunter
          • Elongated Man
          • Atom
          • Black Canary
          • SA Green Arrow
          • Lex Luthor
          • Flash's Rogue Gallery Villains (Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, etc)
          • Sinestro
          • Other central villains, like Scarecrow, Solomon Grundy, Bizarro, etc.

Anyway, I could go on and on The reality, of course, is that EMCE will have to look at their target demographic in determining which ones to make - it all boils down to sales. And this demographic may be more apt to buy newer characters than the core Silver/Bronze Age ones.

Can't wait to see what emerges!!!!
          Last edited by hartley0; Jul 27, '09, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 11, 2009

Originally posted by haggis
            Can't see that ever happening. If the savvy folks at Mattel/EMCE put these out in a case of 12, I predict an assortment along these lines:

4 Super
            4 GL
            2 GA
            1 Lex
            1 Sinestro

The two Superbaddies go from pegwarmers to chase figures in no time flat!
            Interesting theory. But it has one major flaw. GA is not a part of Wave 1. He's an exclusive that will be available only at mattycollector.com.

Comment

• callistofreak
              Who stole my stuff !!!
              • Jul 1, 2006

You guys are my HEROS !!!!
              sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drmego

I appreciate everyone's comments and as always take them in account when
                working on the details.
                but part of my role in this is to represent the opinions of the majority of the
                fans. Basically we are the focus group for this line.

That doesn't mean everyone's suggestions will be implemented, but they
                are very helpful in staying true to the vintage past.

That makes me feel good Paul...to know you Guys are listening. I mean, what better testing Ground there here right? The largest mego Community, all in one place. It's cool that you take or opinions, wants(and sometimes bad ones)into account when making decisions.
                A lot of Companies have leaned that Internet can be a useful Tool that way. A good example of this is the new BATMAN Movies. WB & Chris Nolan listened to the Fans(Christian Bale was #1 Fan pick for Batman...and by God, they cast him!).
                So thank you again for hearing our Toy Rants. And remember....NEAL ADAMS style BATMAN!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Just out of curiosity, will Sinestro's body be all violet or will it just be his head and hands?
                  George

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

Now that the weekend is over I am still very excited about the news. I am so looking forward to seeing these at TRU next year. I may buy them out when I see them for the first time. Again, congrats to all involved for making this happen.

If the case pack is 8 like the EMCE Trek's then that's 2 of each. This I could see. I can't imagine any of them being peg warmers since you get a hero and villain in the set.

And I agree with Hulk, I'd like to see Black Canary paired with Green Arrow. Would be a nice way to debut a Super Gal. I'll bet Green Arrow isn't the only exclusive figure MattyCollector will get in all this.

It will be interesting to see what is shown at Toy Fair next year. Maybe we'll wee Waves 2 and 3 then.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen, The World's Greatest Superheroes

Originally posted by The Bat
                      That makes me feel good Paul...to know you Guys are listening. I mean, what better testing Ground there here right? The largest mego Community, all in one place. It's cool that you take or opinions, wants(and sometimes bad ones)into account when making decisions.
                      A lot of Companies have leaned that Internet can be a useful Tool that way. A good example of this is the new BATMAN Movies. WB & Chris Nolan listened to the Fans(Christian Bale was #1 Fan pick for Batman...and by God, they cast him!).
                      So thank you again for hearing our Toy Rants. And remember....NEAL ADAMS style BATMAN!!!!
                      I believe (not sure) that Mattel currently has a great looking Batman Sculpt on it's DC 13" Superhero line. I'm not sure if it's a Neal Adams head....But it looks nice (especially the ears).....

Comment

• chunky B
                        Museum Eclectic Collector
                        • Apr 9, 2009

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                        I believe (not sure) that Mattel currently has a great looking Batman Sculpt on it's DC 13" Superhero line. I'm not sure if it's a Neal Adams head....But it looks nice (especially the ears).....

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...an13bSmall.jpg
                        I agree this is an awesome sculpt, but these are DC Direct not Mattel. Maybe they could use them for reference though.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                          Mego Preservation Society
                          • May 2, 2003

Thank you Doc Mego and EMCE Toys. I am the happiest camper on Earth

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 11, 2009

Originally posted by ScottA
                            I'll bet Green Arrow isn't the only exclusive figure MattyCollector will get in all this.
                            Agreed. In fact, the mention of, and subsequent removal of, John Stewart GL from the original announcement seems to suggest that that could be the next exclusive.

I just hope that ordering from Matty Collector doesn't become a pain in the keister!

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I do hope they make the Flash in the second wave. If you think about it, that character has never been officially done by any company in the 8 inch format, yet he has sustained a long life in comics. I equally hope they give him the Reverse Flash as his villian. I think Mego fans and plenty of comic book fans would rejoice! They would be tapping into a large segment of customers who have waited a long, long, time for this character to finally come to life which should translate to good sales. It would be equally cool to see the Atom. Eight inches would just about put him at life size.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                                okay, paul's back, i can go away now
                                Don't go!
                                We were just starting to "bond"....
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎