Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

You know, you and I usually agree Chris...but God No...NOT INFANTINO!!!!! I hate him as much as Gene Colon!!

And I'm also hoping for NO Shadowing on the Cowl...it's just not needed!
    Well, I'm talking Infantino as "reined in" by Murphy Anderson, like all the classic stock art shots Mego aped or used back in the day. Carmine got WAY too loose later on, for my tastes.

And I like the shading on the cowl, but that's just me. It always bothered me that the Mego didn't have it as a kid. Heck, Adam west has an outline for it on his cowl!

Benjamin, those are FANTASTIC photos. Leave it to you to post the best, the scholarly authority on all things Mego!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

Wonderful photos...thanks Benjamin!

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

Actually I would like to see them continue with the Super Friends vibe with Batman, and others. It would be cool if they could include a Super Friends mini dvd of an episode starring the character you buy so kids today can actually watch it on TV the way we did. Might generate new fan interest in the series dvd's. I love the GL Corps and would love to see that line expanded as we get closer to the movie becoming a reality. Would love to see DC do some vintage ads in their comics to promote them the way they did originally too. Kinda like the packaging aspect as well. It shows Mattel kept the collector's interests in mind when making decisions and truthfully any kid buying these is gonna rip em open any way. Kinda a win-win situation in my opinion. Congrats and Thanks to everyone for a job well done.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen, The World's Greatest Superheroes

What A Dream come true!!! I know that these are Prototypes and as is they're All looking absolutely Gorgeous.... (Hats off to the Good Doc Mego and all involved). Nice head Sculpt on my favorite DC Character Superman (Glad to see the sideburns are gone and the blue eyes are enabled). I'll take a dozen of the Kryptonian........

Quick Fan input: Any chance the belt could get narrowed down a little, from this.......
          to this .........

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Thanks for these wonderful Pics. The best ones yet!

Comment

• wyldpny
              Star Trek Mego Customizer
              • Jan 29, 2008

WOW!! Awesome news. A huge round of applause to Paul, Dave and everyone involved
              Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
              Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
              Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• nikejam25
                • Jun 29, 2007

I now have to start a WGSH savings account at my bank. Thank you all for making the MEGO dream come true!!! Now if only HASBRO could follow suit.
                Dammit Jim!!! I'm a doctor not a forklift!!!

Comment

• 60'schild
                  Silver Haired Silver Ager
                  • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by megocrazy
                  Actually I would like to see them continue with the Super Friends vibe with Batman, and others. It would be cool if they could include a Super Friends mini dvd of an episode starring the character you buy so kids today can actually watch it on TV the way we did. Might generate new fan interest in the series dvd's. I love the GL Corps and would love to see that line expanded as we get closer to the movie becoming a reality. Would love to see DC do some vintage ads in their comics to promote them the way they did originally too. Kinda like the packaging aspect as well. It shows Mattel kept the collector's interests in mind when making decisions and truthfully any kid buying these is gonna rip em open any way. Kinda a win-win situation in my opinion. Congrats and Thanks to everyone for a job well done.
                  Agree with all of your suggestions. Given the age group of the target demographic (and the all important nostalgia factor), it seems an obvious fit. Retro styling for retro styled figures! It might snag some new younger collectors (hopefully!) but it should be a magnet to us oldsters!! Keep them on model but as retro "superfriends-ish" (pseudo Silver/Bronze age) as possible, please!

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 6, 2006

In regards to Batman, obviously there are many interpretations. Bats can be done many ways, as we have seen from DC Direct and other retailers. Hopefully as the line grows and matures, we will get several versions. From the more tradtional, in Mego respect, the Super Friends version to the more modern versions.

As long as there is no Zebra or neon glow version, I'll be happy.

Comment

• imp
                      Mego Book Author
                      • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                      Thanks for these wonderful Pics. The best ones yet!
                      You're welcome! I enjoyed doing it!

-b
                      Last edited by imp; Jul 29, '09, 6:44 PM. Reason: Privacy for Wrathdemon

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Great pics Benjamin!
                        Last edited by The Toyroom; Jul 29, '09, 9:43 PM.
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• imp
                          Mego Book Author
                          • Apr 20, 2003

... Edited due to former misunderstanding. All is well now!
                          Last edited by imp; Jul 29, '09, 6:51 PM. Reason: Privacy for Wrathdemon

Comment

• saildog
                            Permanent Member
                            • Apr 9, 2006

I've been reading, but I'm moving house and haven't had much energy to post.

Congrats and a big "Thank You" to all involved. This is beyond any doubt the most exciting thing I have witnessed in my 3 years on this board. It's been fun to speculate all this time about the possibility of this happening, but the reality of it all is beyond my poor power to try to put into words. The results are beyond what I could have imagined and I am proud of all of you that worked to pull this off.

This was no small accomplishment and it must be damned satisfying to all of you to have the cat out of the bag, finally. Take your bows and enjoy the accolades because they are well-deserved. Bravo!!!

Comment

• loosiegoosie
                              Banned
                              • Jul 3, 2009

I love'em . they will be a great addition to my collection. I can see the next waves having Bat-Man , Robin, Wonder Woman, Flash and some great villians. A Batmobile will be great too. With Mattel involved the quality and mass appeal will be even better. I hate having to jump through hoops to get new figures because some company paid to have an exculsive. As long as they stay true to the originals somewhat I think they will be great figures. Seeing a new Joker and Jokermobile at retail will be awesome.
                              Maybe in a few years MARVEL will be included and we can get some of the greatest figures out , Spiderman, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin and others.

Comment

• LadyZod
                                Superman's Gal Pal
                                • Jan 27, 2007

You know, it makes sense not to release Batman immediately.

You already have Superman in the wave, and Green Lantern is riding a nice wave of popularity right now.

Besides, Bruce Wayne is dead. He's coming back, true, so why not wait until the media pop of his return to release Batman.

Put him in a wave with characters less likely to sell to guarantee higher retailer orders.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                                Check out my art:
                                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎