Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That Batman is pretty good Dane. I'd like to see the perma-shadow on the cowl, ala the DCD 13" figure.

They could either go Adams or keep it New Look Silver Age like Infantino. Most of the merchandise at the time still had the 60s stock art.

And what about Robin? Will we get a new double curl sculpt, or more time-accurate parted hair style like Burt Ward?

I can't wait to find out!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      Hello!

Andrew Covalt here, and I sculpted GL and Sinestro and tweaked Green Arrow and Superman. I wanted to wait for a few reviews to come in on the new sculpts before I made myself known.

I wanted to thank Paul and Joe for giving me the opportunity to sculpt new heads for our favorite heroes. I hope they are well received and we'll get to continue making more and more.

So I'm as excited as anybody! I'm still waiting for some really sharp pics too!
      You did a Magnificent job on the Sculpts. You and everyone involved Rocks. I still can't believe it. This is so COOL
      Sammy

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        That Batman is pretty good Dane. I'd like to see the perma-shadow on the cowl, ala the DCD 13" figure.

They could either go Adams or keep it New Look Silver Age like Infantino.

Chris

You know, you and I usually agree Chris...but God No...NOT INFANTINO!!!!! I hate him as much as Gene Colon!!

And I'm also hoping for NO Shadowing on the Cowl...it's just not needed!
        sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

Thursday I became the father of perfect baby girl
          Hey Brown Bear, Congrats.

And I'm also hoping for NO Shadowing on the Cowl...it's just not needed
          I just hope it is made removable.
          It's all good!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

A couple of really clear pics. The one of Hal is especially good.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC09/03-Mattel/
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EMCEtoys
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
              You know, you and I usually agree Chris...but God No...NOT INFANTINO!!!!! I hate him as much as Gene Colon!!
              careful now, i studied under gene for 2 years back in the '80s and i'm a total tomb of dracula *****

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen, The World's Greatest Superheroes

Originally posted by The Bat
                Ok...here's what I'm hoping he'll look like(or similar to). Troy Younger totally captures the 70's Neal Adams style Batman with this Sculpt(just Food for thought).
                http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...2_original.jpg
                Agreed a Neal Adams or Aparo looking Batman with slightly larger ears and a better jaw line will be......AWESOME!!! The icing on the cake will be a R/C (Removable Cowl) version also.
                Additionally, a Barry Allen Flash version just screams to be made for tier 2.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

A couple of really clear pics. The one of Hal is especially good.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC09/03-Mattel/
                  Ah, much petter pic of Sinestro. Thank you to whoever took the photo.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

That Sinestro is really growing on me! He looks very sharp.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

The Sinestro head sculpt/paintjob is killer---I'm a bit on the fence about
                      the cuffs (no section demarcation?) and the blue neck piece
                      (a bit odd of shape). As usual I'll wait until the actual product release
                      to really comment "officially".
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• imp
                        Mego Book Author
                        • Apr 20, 2003

More Pics!

We just got home from Comic-Con, and Chelsea and I are both happy and whoop-tired. Wanted to post some additional pics ASAP though, as this news is so MASSIVE and I know a lot of you are clamoring for more images of the forthcoming Mattel World's Greatest Super-Heroes line.

Let me preface by saying: These Prototypes were INCREDIBLY difficult to photograph. The figures were up on the top shelf, at least 8 feet in the air, and the display cabinets were glass — all around — causing horrible lighting from behind the display cabinets, which screwed up most photos.

Also, let me add that these hand-made (!) prototype are JAW-DROPPINGLY, INSANELY GORGEOUS... and intoxicating and exciting and overwhelming and perfect and joyful and magical. That said, here are my contributions to the often-sketchy picture pool of these INCREDIBLE WGSH PROTOTYPES (words I never thought I'd type):

Above: A CosPlay Superman poses with his 8" brethren. Wait, that sounded weird...

Above: Me with the amazing Dr. Mego!

Any hesitation or doubts I had about these toys are GONE. I cannot wait for these toys to hit the shelves of my local Toys "R" Us!

-b
                        p.s. I enjoyed a long talk with Dr. Mego himself (shown above), Paul Clarke, and we were joined by none other than Ken Abrams. Even though we didn't think to get a photo of it, It was a magical Mego moment... one I'll always cherish.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

Great pictures! Thanks for posting that. Must of been magical seeing a bit of Mego history being made.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• vulcan2074
                            Live Long and Prosper
                            • Mar 23, 2008

I Love the Close-ups. I'm so excited about these Figures. There so Cool looking. I feel like a little kid everytime I think about them
                            Sammy

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

I've been away for a few days and I come back to this (thanks for the warning Rik ). I just read this entire thread and am as axcited as anyone here. I can't wait for the day I can walk inside a toy store and pick these up in person.
                              Congrats to all involved and many many thanks. This truly is a golden age to be a Mego collector
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                                careful now, i studied under gene for 2 years back in the '80s and i'm a total tomb of dracula *****

Now you're frightening me!! But, Dracula is more his thing...than Superheroes.
                                Last edited by The Bat; Jul 26, '09, 5:37 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎