Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domino
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 16, 2007

I too just found out about this and have read every single post here. I am speachless. A huge thank you to everyone that made this happen. I cant wait!!

Comment

• Mike77
      • Mar 7, 2009

Wow, This is fantastic news! I'm a newbie, just getting back into megos. I know that specific details can not be given at this time about the upcoming lines, but is there a chance that some upcoming figures will have removable cowls and masks??

Comment

• nikejam25
        • Jun 29, 2007

new figures

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        So have all of the characters been selected already for all of the waves announced for 2010? What's the possibility of a fan-voted character being available some point exclusively to Matty Collector? It would be really cool if voting was done through the Mego Museum if that's possible. Imagine picking up a figure with package labelling that says: "Exclusive Figure! As Selected by Members of The Mego Museum!". How cool would THAT be?!
        That would be both an honor and a privelage
        Dammit Jim!!! I'm a doctor not a forklift!!!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Congrats to all...Having known Paul for about 10 years now I can say that this was the dream from the very start. Stand up and take a bow...you deserve it as well as all that were involved.

The only 2 things that I ask, and I think others here would also ask, is this...PLEASE!!!! no shortpacking and PLEASE!!!! no variants for variant (Selling) sake. I've been toy collecting since about '93, and I have to say that the worst thing that can be done are those 2 things. It's just annoying and can basically KILL collecting these figures before it can get going. IMHO I'm just sick of that crap. It's killed Star Wars and other lines and will KILL this line. Again, just my opinion...but it's one that others may share here on the museum. Keep the "playing field" even and IMHO you will have a very prosperous time with these figures.

Thanks again to all involved...I know you've made a whole community and FUTURE community very happy with this announcement. You can count on my support.

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

I have said for years that I would not rest until we brought back
            superheroes. Last night I slept very well. Nothing has been by
            chance, but it has all been luck. At any point, things can get
            cancelled or changed, so it's best not to speak early.

Originally posted by GAFan
            Emce, now that the cat's out of the bag, was this what you were aiming for from the start with Emce or did you luck into it with Marty and the restarted Trek and Ape lines?
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

This is just awesome.

sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                I have said for years that I would not rest until we brought back
                superheroes. Last night I slept very well.

Yup...I watched the Video interview from MegoMeet when you said that....and I had no dought you meant it! Congrats Paul...well done!!
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

There's just one thing that's TORTURING me Paul....BATMAN!!

How about just showing us the Prototype for the Head? Pretty PLEASE!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

A sure way to **** off a partner is to leak pictures of works in progress.

Mattel has been really great about working with us, so I must respect
                    their policies.

When I'm allowed to show future releases, this will be where they will
                    be posted.
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Okay Paul, you win.

I was going to chip in my two cents, but I figure that it's not really that long of a wait, so I'll leave it alone.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Seriously. Did I read that correctly? OK, I was surprisingly 'on board' with this whole "new Mego Super-Heroes" thang... until I went back and read the above post.

This is an abhorrent concept, tantamount to Levi Strauss selling "weathered" acid-washed, pre-slashed blue jeans. Remember that crap? An abysmal idea (and a failure to boot).

Look, if I want to leave my carded Mattel "World's Greatest Super-Heroes" (still struggling with this usage, too) Green Lantern out in the sun... I will do it myself.

I REALLY don't need Mattel to virtually "leave it out in the sun" for me.

Seriously, in this day and age — with perfect digital printing — what kid will even GROK a mis-registered print job on a backer card?!

Pffff. I am extremely unhappy about this news. Can you tell?
                        I can see your point Benjamin. As a graphic designer, the idea of creating a weathered, worn packaging design for toy retail seems somewhat out there for any mass market toy line, but I think it's a valid way to go with this one. Clearly these are designed to have the same naive charm Megos have, and not just be in a similar size and material format like FC and Hasbro 9" before them.

But part of me laments that we won't see vibrant, popping colors and a truly updated look at what Mego would have advanced to if they'd kept going, pacakge-wise.

But I will reserve judgment until I see them in person. I'm far too jazzed about this to let it get me down any.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                          A sure way to **** off a partner is to leak pictures of works in progress.

Mattel has been really great about working with us, so I must respect
                          their policies.

When I'm allowed to show future releases, this will be where they will
                          be posted.

Sorry.............you can't blame a Guy for trying.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Ok...here's what I'm hoping he'll look like(or similar to). Troy Younger totally captures the 70's Neal Adams style Batman with this Sculpt(just Food for thought).
                            sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
                              On the one hand, I'm a bit disappointed that this announcement doesn't include any Marvel characters.

On the other hand, this news is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! I mean Hal Jordan GL, Jon Stewart GL AND Sinestro?!? I'm feeling woozy. I might faint...
                              I have to imagine any attempt to get the license for marvel would make DC and mattel walk away from the table and get Hasbro's dander up to boot

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

Thursday I became the father of perfect baby girl and today I read about WGSH returns!! How in thee blue hell will I sleep tonight??

Thank you to all involved. You've made a lot of forty year old VERY happy!!
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎