• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

I got home from China about 10 days ago and am leaving for San Diego
    on Thursday. Just enough time for me to get over the head cold I
    got from the airplane, so I can catch another one.

Of course I'm a KISS fan - I think we all are to some degree. I can't
    really take Family Jewels but I catch it infrequently.

By the way, that Blockbuster is now sold out. I stopped in on Saturday
    and the manager told me that sold out.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

I got Kirk and the Andorian for $9.99 each at Blockbuster today. What made me laugh, is that you could see multiple stickers, one on top of the other. I started peeling them off, and they started out at $14.99. Kirk went up to $19.99, then down to $15.99, then down to $9.99. Andorian went for $14.99, up a dollar, and then down to clearance.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• ramsey37
        • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by del
        I got Kirk and the Andorian for $9.99 each at Blockbuster today. What made me laugh, is that you could see multiple stickers, one on top of the other. I started peeling them off, and they started out at $14.99. Kirk went up to $19.99, then down to $15.99, then down to $9.99. Andorian went for $14.99, up a dollar, and then down to clearance.
        Yep, they did the same thing locally. I picked up all four of the figures that were available here when they went down to $9.99. At that price point they're hard to resist.
        George

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

My wife heard from her Blockbuster boss that yet another store in Tucson was carrying the Megos. So we went there to check out what was what.

Turns out they had an end cap for Star Trek and it had one: Kirk, Andorian, Klingon, and Spock. Plus, doubles of the Art Asylum DST things: the Communicator, and Kirk in chair all for $10 each, which is cheaper than what we spent even with my wife's employee discount back in April. We had previously spent $15.99 on each Mego and $21.99 (or something) for the Communictaor and Kirk w/ chair. Incidentally, we had to switch out the communicator because it was broken in the package the first time.

So I snatched up one of everything, but of course, it's all of stuff I already got. I just couldn't pass up such a deal. Getting another Spock was good because my EmCee McCoy's got silver sleeves and I need to switch that out for the gold ones. (I had previously planned on buying a replacement blue Trek shirt from Doc Mego, but I'll just buy all the POTA figures from him now when I have extra funds.)

Eventually, I'd like to obtain a green dress shirt for the spare Kirk and maybe do something different like "Mirror, Mirror" for Spock, not sure.

I can never have too many communicators, so now I have 3 total, one being a Playmates brand.

The Kirk in chair was nice because I wanted it for Mego Kirk and, besides, the first time I bought the toy at the Blockbuster location my wife works, the Kirk figure had the wrong foot on the left leg so it didn't swivel at the ankles.

What's up with Art Asylum's quality control? I had previously written to them to notify them of the Kirk figure (never minding the fact that 2 of the 4 communicator's I seen in Blockbuster are broken in their unopened package) and never got a response from Art Asylum about how to swap it out. So I gave the spare Kirk action figure to my daughters who's having him date, I guess, She-ra. They're having a blast!

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Last week the Blockbuster in Decatur went out. Never know if they had them and at a reduced price. Good news is I did manage to snag the Andorian at the one in Hartselle.

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

That's great found 'em!!!!!

I'll checking them out at local Blockbusters... I'm wondering do they still available EMCE P.O.T.A on the wall shelf or on the table? LMK, thanks!
              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

My son found a whole set at Block Buster in Littleton CO.He was super excited. He thought he had found original Megos that had been stored away, and brought out as old stock.

He paid 10.00 a peice for them, I've never seen him so happy. I was a little bent out of shape because he had spent most of his money he had been saving for so long, but he was just too happy.

He was a little bummed when I told him they were new ones, but he got over it quickly and wanted to know where he could find the Romulon

Comment

• cricketts99
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jun 20, 2007

Has anyone in north Houston found these at an area Blockbuster?

Comment

• txteach
                    Banned
                    • Jun 17, 2005

I live in Northwest Houston and never saw them in blockbuster.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                      Love to play with Megos
                      • Oct 19, 2003

Uhmm........ maybe we can make phone calls in the yellow book and see if they're still available or not.

So, that'll help us to saving on gas and time.
                      Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I'm guessing by going by what most of the posts here have,is that only Kirk,Spock,Klingon and Andorian are showing up at Blockbuster and no one else?

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

Correct.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡