Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE Toys Trek Figures Review with pics!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Great review. I like the side by side comparisons because that's how much I scrutinize repros myself. Where is the best place to buy these right now? What was your total cost for both of those figures with shipping? Man, I wish Walmart would grab holds of these figures. Can you imagine how well they would do and the kind of licensing that would unfold form there? It could be a new age for Mego!!!

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
      Great review. I like the side by side comparisons because that's how much I scrutinize repros myself. Where is the best place to buy these right now? What was your total cost for both of those figures with shipping? Man, I wish Walmart would grab holds of these figures. Can you imagine how well they would do and the kind of licensing that would unfold form there? It could be a new age for Mego!!!
      If you're interested I can sell you a set for $40.00 shipped. Since you're pretty close you should get them fast. I got two cases of these from Diamond Comics.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by rikitikitavi
        I wonder if there will be a pre-order for Andorian and Spock on Starlog.com. So far, I don't see it. I don't want to miss out.
        Joe's MegoStore.com has them for pre-order.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• kresge1
          Museum_Bozo
          • Jun 20, 2001

You cant go wrong with Paul Clare
          Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Jedi_Master
            • Aug 8, 2007

I know I complained earlier about the hollow legs, but I must say, the heads and phasers/communicators and the Klingon all-around are AWESOME! The likenesses are truly unbelievable. I actually think Kirk's head looks better than the original. Had it not been for the hollow legs, and the flawed phaser belts, I would give both figures an A+

I'm just really bummed about the hollow legs for some reason. I was really expecting those to be 100% authentic (and solid). Oh well.

I will definately order everything that comes out of this series. I was especially excited to see the extra phaser/belt/communicator set that came with each set ordered from Starlog.com I had a broken phaser from my old Kirk, so now he can carry a brand new weapon! Live Long and Prosper Dr. Mego!

Comment

• Bat Hero
              Banned
              • Aug 6, 2007

Yeah, I noticed the hollow legs as well but I honestly think its no big deal...

I'm curious about the flaw that you see with the belts though...

Comment

• Jedi_Master
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Bat Hero
                Yeah, I noticed the hollow legs as well but I honestly think its no big deal...

I'm curious about the flaw that you see with the belts though...
                The belts will NOT hold a phaser. The phaser simply falls out, with almost no effort. The originals held the phasers and communicators firmly in place. You could (can) shake the figure, hold it upside down or drop it and the phaser would stay firmly in place. The new ones just don't cut it.

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 27, 2004

I noted that in my review, too. It's a flaw with the belt not the phaser. If you put the new phaser in the old belt, it holds fine.
                  Like M.A.S.K.?
                  www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

I got mine from Hulk a few days ago. I haven't opened them (I'm keeping them sealed and using them more as a backdrop) but they look fantastic!

Comment

• knightone
                      • Aug 6, 2007

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
                      The belts will NOT hold a phaser. The phaser simply falls out, with almost no effort. The originals held the phasers and communicators firmly in place. You could (can) shake the figure, hold it upside down or drop it and the phaser would stay firmly in place. The new ones just don't cut it.
                      Aren't the new belts slightly longer as well?

Comment

• The Sentry
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 3, 2007

I do like them fine, I never had a Kirk but I have had a Klingon since I can remember. (I just finished him up at Megomeet, he needed a phaser) and the reviews were spot on from what I see. I can't wait to get series two, I love Spock and Andorians are awesome!
                        sigpic
                        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• mego73
                          Printed paperboard Tiger
                          • Aug 1, 2003

It is strange about the belts if Doc can figure it out and sell a corrected belt on his site, I'd get it pronto.

I love the new figures. I love how Mego the heads are and how shiny the boots are.

My little quibbles are basically cosmetic. On original Mego Kirk the shirt is cut fuller, on this one it cinches in a bit at the waist. I think the fuller cut is more realistic. I also like the original insignia shape compared to the new one.

I fared okay opening the package. A good redesign that would make it perfect would be to get rid of the cut away plastic sealing. Have the plastic finished at the edge and put clear tape (similar to what is on the top of DVD cases) on the sides.

One could break the tape seal to open the package or just keep the tape seal in place.

Keep em coming Doc and EMCE

[email protected]

Comment

• Mr Mego
                            Love to play with Megos
                            • Oct 19, 2003

That's AWESOME!!! I'm glad to have mine like yours!

I went to local Comic & toys store last Tuesday and I found some of those Retro EMCE Star Trek Captain Kirk and Klingon and I bought 2 of them with great body shape and outfit. The other ones look pretty good 'cuz Captain Kirk's black collar moved slight to the left and or right in the front shirt, also his knee look like broke. So, I picked 2 the best shape figures and very good package shape (I'm picky ) but on the bottom of bubble on the corners have slight dent or crusted but Kirk looks awesome and in great shape. I can open it carefully and I'll push the bubble dent out like pop and then I'll buy slide clamps (clear see thru, no color) to hold the edges of package.

I brought them home with me and I put them in my the back bedroom is for Action Figures Museum room only. Click on those thumbnails:

Last edited by Mr Mego; Aug 24, '07, 1:29 AM.
                            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

I picked up the Emce toys Kirk and Klingon as well, and think they are fantastic. I have had an original Kirk and Klingon since I was a kid, but just couldn't resist when I saw these on the shelf. When you see them in the store next to the other Star Trek figures that are out now, you realize how much better the mego style figures look. I thought the Art Asyulum Trek stuff looked good, but side by side there is no comparison.

I hope the line is a huge success and continues for a long time.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                                OH JES!!
                                • Jul 21, 2005

I was doing some business in Manhattan yesterday and went to Jim Hanley's looking for something else and Lo and behold there they were. Last two there. They plan on ordering more so I will be back. I try not to order my figures online unless I can not find them. Made my day I felt like a Kid again buying my Megos. I couldn't believe how well these looked the Klingon is incredible. I can't wait till the rest come out.
                                Last edited by kingdom warrior; Aug 31, '07, 4:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎