Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE Toys Trek Figures Review with pics!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Great review, Albert. Looks like Doc hit a homer with this one. I think I like the Kirk paint job on the new one better than the original. Maybe it's just a painting anomoly, but your original seems to have a worried expression.

Potentially scary question: In the comparison pics, which Klingon is the original? The one on the left?

I'm not really into Trek, but I'm so tempted by the upcoming aliens.

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 27, 2004

Hey Steve!

In the pictures, the repro Klingon is on the Right.

Repro Kirk is on the Left.
      Like M.A.S.K.?
      www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Awesome review Albert. Looks like I need to put in an order for an alien or three.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I forgot to ask before, does any know how the tricorder straps are going to be on these? They always broke on my originals. That's one thing on these I'd like not to be like the vintage ones.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 30, '07, 12:34 PM.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

Glad you like them

Glad to hear that you like the first two figures.

I heard from Ken Abrams that Diamond was sold out of them on the first day of Comic-Con in San Diego. I don't know how many they
            brought, but it sounds like a good omen to me.

Kirk and the Klingon came out a little darker than I had wanted -
            due to a last minute issue with EU compliant materials. I have
            received samples of Spock and the Andorian (now being soliciated
            by Diamond to retailers - order yours now) and the heads are
            much better.

Once I send a set to Diamond and get their okay, I will post pics.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by drmego
              Glad to hear that you like the first two figures.

I heard from Ken Abrams that Diamond was sold out of them on the first day of Comic-Con in San Diego. I don't know how many they
              brought, but it sounds like a good omen to me.

Kirk and the Klingon came out a little darker than I had wanted -
              due to a last minute issue with EU compliant materials. I have
              received samples of Spock and the Andorian (now being soliciated
              by Diamond to retailers - order yours now) and the heads are
              much better.

Once I send a set to Diamond and get their okay, I will post pics.
              I know this is way too early, but could you let us know how the sales went for the first set in a couple of months? Like how many figures were made and how many were sold? Just to give us an idea of how succesful they were and if maybe we can expect more figures after the first 3 sets
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Got mine today!!!!!! Thanks so much. Love the back picture of Marty! I'll be sure to place my order by the 5th! Thanks again!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Corellian Corvette
                  My only real complaint here (and this may be more of a production issue) is that each of the legs on my Kirk figure are different. One is hard plastic, the other is hollow and squishy. I’m going to assume I got some sort of error on the leg but we’ll see what happens when more of these get out.
                  Got mine today. The legs on my Kirk are both solid. The rank bands on the sleeves are also sewn much closer together. I'm really impressed with these.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• txteach
                    Banned
                    • Jun 17, 2005

A few observations

Let me start by saying, I love the figures! With that being said, there are a couple of things that could have been done better.

1. The card is very flimsy, not too tragic but I would have liked a firm backing card.
                    2. The phasers do not fit into the holder securely. Now I now why they were held in place by string.
                    3. My kirk has an awesome tan! He is very dark looking. Still, nothing really bad.

The good stuff.
                    1. I actually like the plastic clam shell! I opened it and sealed it back up again with ease.
                    2. The plastic used in these figures is top notch. It makes the figure sturdy and easily to display.
                    3. Klingon is almost dead on! Beautiful repo figure!

Overall I love these figures and pre-ordered a case of spock/andorian from Paul. I'm real happy Doc Mego and EMCE toys are doing these. I felt like a kid again opening these figures!

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

I opened mine up today. Man, that Klingon is freakin awesome. I'd swear it was original. My Kirk features the hollow left leg also.
                      I used cutlery scissors to open mine. The clamshell is a little brittle, but these scissors worked very well for me. I got clean edges and I can actually reuse em

Man this is cool.
                      Cannot wait til the rest of em come out.

Comment

• Jedi_Master
                        • Aug 8, 2007

I received my Kirk and Klingon a couple of days ago. They both look fantastic. I opened Kirk, and noticed that both lower legs (the black booted part) feel hollow. Is this a defect? or are they all that way? My original Mego Kirk and Spock both have solid-feeling lower legs/boots.

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
                          I received my Kirk and Klingon a couple of days ago. They both look fantastic. I opened Kirk, and noticed that both lower legs (the black booted part) feel hollow. Is this a defect? or are they all that way? My original Mego Kirk and Spock both have solid-feeling lower legs/boots.
                          From what I've read here some have 'em, some don't. Some even have one hollow leg and one solid leg
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

I just ordered the Klingon and the Andorian from Joe's store. I'm glad he's selling them seperately b/c I really don't want another Kirk or Spock.
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Jedi_Master
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

I'm still hoping someone will answer my question - on whether this is a defect. I was expecting that at least the figure would be perfect. My original Kirk has a broken leg, so I was hoping to get one where the body was completely intact. The lower legs on my Kirk are flimsy. You can bend the foot easily, and the leg squishes in your fingers if you press hard. I'd like to know if this is the design, or a defect. I'm trying to decide whether to return it and try to get it replaced, or just never order any more of these. Thanks!

Comment

• rikitikitavi
                                Museum Mongoose
                                • Aug 15, 2003

I wonder if there will be a pre-order for Andorian and Spock on Starlog.com. So far, I don't see it. I don't want to miss out.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎