Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Son of Seven
    • Aug 14, 2007

Just one fan's opinion:

I've bought all four released figures and will continue to buy more in hopes they will eventually get to Gary Seven, Isis and Roberta Lincoln, but if the Mugato and Gorn are the older Mego versions, as opposed to new sculpts, I won't be picking them up.

Keep up the good work.
    Assignment: Earth
    http://www.TatHS.com/ae

Comment

• rikitikitavi
      Museum Mongoose
      • Aug 15, 2003

I'll buy anything Paul does in the Trek, Apes lines so long as it evokes the "Mego-Feel." I think CTVT failed. Their heads got way too big and their bodies were problematic. But they did good on a few. I think Paul would be far more consistant.

Comment

• Wise4671
        Banned
        • Aug 11, 2007

I have bought the 4 figures that are out and have also purchased a case of each and preordered the ones comming out.

I love the fact that the figures are made like the originals and would like to see them stay that way. When I look at these repros it brings me back to my childhood and its awsome to feel that way again even for a few moments. I feel that if the figures are done any way different then the originals it just would not have the same feel. Now I am not saying I would'nt like to see new figures made but I would like to see the repro line of all the originals come out first they way they were made originally then start doing the guys that werent done.

Just my opinion,
        John

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

I can say with certainty that Diamond is interested in extending the line, and has inquired about the interest in doing certain female crew members. Whether something comes of that or not, I can't say.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hulk
            I can say with certainty that Diamond is interested in extending the line, and has inquired about the interest in doing certain female crew members. Whether something comes of that or not, I can't say.
            I'm sure Kirk would agree with their thinking as well.You can never have enough female crew on the Enterprise.It would be awesome to see an M'ress and Chapel.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Close... Rand and Chapel (two of my early suggestions to them) were on the menu.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Close... Rand and Chapel (two of my early suggestions to them) were on the menu.
                I'd much rather have Orion Slave Girl Vina over either of those.

BTW: I got my Andorian and Spock today! Thanks man!
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

Rand,what was I thinking??
                  How could I ever forget about Janice like that???
                  I feel so ashamed...
                  They would definitely be cool to see.I hope they take your advice!!!
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• grayhank
                    That Fisher Price Guy
                    • Feb 9, 2007

Can we add Harry Mudd as a suggestion for a figure? Maybe with one of his android wives
                    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Meule
                      Nothing beats the satisfaction of making your own customs
                      I second that!
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I think Rand and Chapel would be the first logical choices for new females after Unura, so that's who I'm rooting for. Just wondering if they would go with molded hair or rooted. It's not really an issue for Chapel but with Rand's beehive it might be better off with sculpted hair (ala Playmates).
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Prez.Tonic

Sorry guys...but I don't see female characters being huge sellers. The majority of Mego collectors are guys and most "guys" prefer our action figures to be guys as oppsssed to dolls. Just my opinion.

I'd much rather see Sulu or Mudd.

Anyone want to see the Mego Muhammad Ali line return? They had origannaly planned onmaking a few more guys besides just Ali and Opponent (Norton). Just imagaine a 70's Foreman or Frazier.

Comment

• drmego
                            EMCE Toys
                            • Jun 15, 2001

Nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand would be great - and I think Rand would work better with sculpted hair if you want that beehive-do. For that matter, so would Chapel.

With the new movie coming out in 2009 - I hope we can still make more classic series
                            crew members. There are more aliens to go with the ladies, and it would be great
                            to see Lt. Leslie or Comm. Decker.

Heck - I would love to make a Captain Pike in the box with a motion or sound sensor
                            built in so that when you enter the room, he would beep once or twice.
                            www.drmego.com
                            www.megoman.com
                            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

drmego-Nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand would be great - and I think Rand would work better with sculpted hair if you want that beehive-do. For that matter, so would Chapel.
                              Man I would love to see these.I know my daughter would go crazy for them as well.
                              I have a son an 2 daughters and let me tell you it is not only boys playing with these figures.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by drmego
                                Nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand would be great - and I think Rand would work better with sculpted hair if you want that beehive-do. For that matter, so would Chapel.
                                I might be in the minority on this, but I personally just don't like the idea of molded hair. They wouldn't be vintage looking or really Mego-like in my opinion. I personally would prefer it if any female Trek characters get made they keep the vintage Mego style of rooted hair.

I'd also still way rather have Vina as an Orion Slave Girl over either Chapel or Rand.

I also wanted to add I've got the first two sets of EMCE Trek figures (and have the next two sets on pre-order) and I am really digging them.
                                Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 4, '08, 3:14 PM. Reason: typos
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎