• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by kresge1
    i second or third the choice of an accurate mugato

Yeah...I would hate to see EMCE reproduce the Mugato just as Mego Made Him...ugh! Same goes for the GORN Captain...please don't stick a brown Lizard Head on a Klingon Body...please!
    sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

What do you guys mean in "ACCURATE" mugato
      One which is a Show reproduction in 8 inch form? or some on the lines of the Tomland Yeti suit, with a yellow plastic fin on the back?
      remenber your trying to capture a better enturpation but staying mego-like.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by AAAAA
        What do you guys mean in "ACCURATE" mugato
        One which is a Show reproduction in 8 inch form? or some on the lines of the Tomland Yeti suit, with a yellow plastic fin on the back?
        remenber your trying to capture a better enturpation but staying mego-like.

I think it's quite possible to stay Mego-Like....while ditching that HIDEOUS Green & Orange Suit Mego gave Him. I mean...how hard is white Fur to do?
        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

JUST SAY NO TO CHASE FIGURES
          the last thing this hobby needs is more people cherry picking for a profit on ebay. The producers like doc get the same amount of $ for the figure and a middle man makes a killing
          If we ever get to the point of uniform variation for an applegreen shirt kirk or yellow dress Uhura, short shirt mccoy, mirror mirror (except spock & sulus since they have sculpt differences) make them an assortment item like the crew and villians have been. or if the fear of unwanted figures sitting in stocks crops up then there is always the uniform sold singly option. This might also get sales from vintage ST figure owners who don't know DOC mego sells repro uniforms on his site
          The nature of the line is aimed at collectors and chase figures are better suited to mass marketed toys with a collector contingent as most kids don't normally care about package variations or even pack in changes. I think Playmates missed the boat on their 9 ' trek series by oversaturation.

as far as the packaging goes the mego clam is a balance for those who don't have a vintage ones in their closet will open them and those who want them sealed is it really any different if it's carded on a bubble in a or megoclam on the wall or in your display case? Also there is the increased production cost to have the proper machinery to seal the figure to the cardboard

Comment

• LordMalvolio
            • Sep 5, 2007

Well since James Brady is working with them, I have high hopes we will see Commodore Decker, series accurate Gorn & Mugato, Chekov, Sulu, M-113 creature, Sarek, Amada, Trelane, Kor, Kang, and maybe Leslie!

Please don't waste making that goofy Keeper, Neptunian or Talos....

Comment

• rikitikitavi
              Museum Mongoose
              • Aug 15, 2003

I hope Doc reproduces exact replicas of Gorn and Mugato. That's Mego!

Comment

• BlackcoatCowboy
                • Aug 29, 2007

Although DIAMOND SELECT TOYS does own the toy license for all things TREK, each license agreement is for certain items. Their license for the MEGO figures is to reproduce the original items and not make anything new. All new items and figures are in their 1/12 and 1/10 lines.

Originally posted by LordMalvolio
                Well since James Brady is working with them, I have high hopes we will see Commodore Decker, series accurate Gorn & Mugato, Chekov, Sulu, M-113 creature, Sarek, Amada, Trelane, Kor, Kang, and maybe Leslie!

Please don't waste making that goofy Keeper, Neptunian or Talos....

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
                  I think it's quite possible to stay Mego-Like....while ditching that HIDEOUS Green & Orange Suit Mego gave Him. I mean...how hard is white Fur to do?
                  I agree I want the white fur but since I don't have an original Mugato a repro will do
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

the figures should be made if they chaange them and make more accurate tv versions. i dont like exact replicas. the packaging they currently have is ok but i dont want exact replicas. and i stilldont like teh ape idea. whats next the dukes of hazzard ?

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by BlackcoatCowboy
                      Although DIAMOND SELECT TOYS does own the toy license for all things TREK, each license agreement is for certain items. Their license for the MEGO figures is to reproduce the original items and not make anything new. All new items and figures are in their 1/12 and 1/10 lines.
                      That's interesting. Is that a fact?
                      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by BlackcoatCowboy
                        Are you 100% sure about that? Where did you get that info? Cause Doc definitely hinted that we might see new figures if the sales were good
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

Not correct

Diamond's license is for all Star Trek characters so they can ask
                          me to make any characters from any version of Star Trek - show
                          or movie.

I'm glad to see this debate going on now since we are trying
                          to come to terms with which version is better - TV show
                          version or Mego version on some characters.

I have my opinions but mine is not the final say.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            Alan Scott is the best GL
                            • Aug 8, 2007

While I am not a fan of the original mugato. personally I would want a megoesque representation of the tv version maybe on a hulk style body. I doesn't have to be exactly original mego but is doesn't have to be 100% replics of the show costume either

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

why

I don't why some people say things that they don't know to be true,
                              especially about something like a licensing agreement.

We all make guesses about motives or put forth theories, but
                              it is always with a caveat.

What blackcoatcowboy wrote is very wrong. I can see why
                              he would think that based on what has been produced, but it
                              is faulty logic.

>Although DIAMOND SELECT TOYS does own the toy license for all things >TREK, each license agreement is for certain items. Their license for the >MEGO figures is to reproduce the original items and not make anything new. >All new items and figures are in their 1/12 and 1/10 lines.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• batmanmc
                                mego batman collector
                                • Jun 22, 2004

the tv show gorn and mugato and also keeper talos looks more like a keeper. the tv show was way better.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎