X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by noelani72
    I just hope all this hype means we will see WGHS's eventually.
    Imagine...new Bats, Supes, Robin, Conan...IRON MAN with the new movie coming out HINT HINT
    I'm sure the quality will be awesome.
    If this ever happens (which I kinda doubt) I don't know if I'd prefer exact repros or "enhanced" figures, with more correct suits here and there. Sorta like Mego might have done if they were still around. Still don't know if I'd keep the oven mits or create different gloves. They definitely have their charm, but would Mego still do it this way nowadays?
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
      If this ever happens (which I kinda doubt) I don't know if I'd prefer exact repros or "enhanced" figures, with more correct suits here and there. Sorta like Mego might have done if they were still around. Still don't know if I'd keep the oven mits or create different gloves. They definitely have their charm, but would Mego still do it this way nowadays?

I hear Ya. My Goal in Customizing...is to create a more realistic looking Figure than Mego made...yet still retain that Mego flavor to it.
      sigpic

Comment

• rikitikitavi
        Museum Mongoose
        • Aug 15, 2003

I think we must remember that Mego made toys, not replicas of actual characters as is the fad in today's toy manufacturers who frequently are actually making collectibles rather than toys. As adults, we are more discriminating in condition and authenticity. But the very fact there is such a hobby is because we as kids remember with great sentiment playing with these. Companies can do great artistic work today, but by and large the result is not a toy but a character replica.

Personally, I prefer the "toy" look rather than exact replicas. If someone wants new collector figures of movie characters, I think that's fine. But if it's Mego, then I think a toy look should be maintained. "Action figure" implies playability, not museum replica. So, frankly, I would like to see reproductions remain rather faithful, as Doc is doing it. If extra characters are added, I would like to see them look more Megoesque than CTVT.

If Lego did not block the Mego name, would EMCE not be called Mego? In the long run, it's for Paul Clarke to determine how Mego would do it today, since he, Joe Sena (with Marty Abrams continuing advice perhaps), could very likely have borne the name Mego again. And, in substance, might just really "be Mego today."

I can't imagine anybody more faithful and appropriate than Paul Clarke to maintain a Mego look and standard. There's more than a name to things, and so far we've seen Paul stick to the substance of Mego.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by rikitikitavi
          I think we must remember that Mego made toys, not replicas of actual characters as is the fad in today's toy manufacturers who frequently are actually making collectibles rather than toys. As adults, we are more discriminating in condition and authenticity. But the very fact there is such a hobby is because we as kids remember with great sentiment playing with these. Companies can do great artistic work today, but by and large the result is not a toy but a character replica.

Personally, I prefer the "toy" look rather than exact replicas. If someone wants new collector figures of movie characters, I think that's fine. But if it's Mego, then I think a toy look should be maintained. "Action figure" implies playability, not museum replica. So, frankly, I would like to see reproductions remain rather faithful, as Doc is doing it. If extra characters are added, I would like to see them look more Megoesque than CTVT.

If Lego did not block the Mego name, would EMCE not be called Mego? In the long run, it's for Paul Clarke to determine how Mego would do it today, since he, Joe Sena (with Marty Abrams continuing advice perhaps), could very likely have borne the name Mego again. And, in substance, might just really "be Mego today."

I can't imagine anybody more faithful and appropriate than Paul Clarke to maintain a Mego look and standard. There's more than a name to things, and so far we've seen Paul stick to the substance of Mego.

Agreed, I didn't mean that kind of enhancement. I was talking more about details to the suit (gloves for Cap for instance ) or extra accessories like an umbrella for Penguin.
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Yeah...If They were going to Reproduce the WGSH's Line...They'd probably try and get Them as close to the Original's as possible anyway. Heck...Doc's already had most of the Part's made in China already.
            sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by HardyGirl
              Maybe he can even do an Uhura coupled w/ the woman from Gamesters of Triskelion! That would be cool!
              Shahna from Gamesters Of Triskelion would be great.To bad Angeligue Pettyjohn Pass away.
              Uhura would be cool , with chase figures of her in the Yellow star fleet uniform, and M'Ress the Feliniod Commucation officer from the cartoon.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                Career Member
                • Jul 6, 2006

With the success of the Star Trek figures, I wonder if it will be possible to recreate the other lines. Obviously DC and Marvel rights would need to be secured, but I wonder if those companies are seeing if these sell well. I love the DC Direct 13" line, but would buy all of the repros if made again.

Comment

• AAAAA
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by CaptainTrenchcoat
                  With the success of the Star Trek figures, I wonder if it will be possible to recreate the other lines. Obviously DC and Marvel rights would need to be secured, but I wonder if those companies are seeing if these sell well. I love the DC Direct 13" line, but would buy all of the repros if made again.
                  Not going to happen.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by AAAAA
                    Shahna from Gamesters Of Triskelion would be great.To bad Angeligue Pettyjohn Pass away.
                    Uhura would be cool , with chase figures of her in the Yellow star fleet uniform, and M'Ress the Feliniod Commucation officer from the cartoon.
                    Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me remember her name, and didn't wanna dig out the tape!
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Antonio
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 16, 2004

What about a Captain Tracey or Dr. Simon Van Gelder figure with maniacal look? Seriously, I would love to see a remake of the old bridge playset.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I want more Alien's! First the one's Mego made: Neptunian, Cheron, The Keeper...then extend the Line with some James Brady Sculpt's: Gorn Captain, Kang, M13-Salt Vampire, and an accurate Mugato.
                        sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                          I want more Alien's! First the one's Mego made: Neptunian, Cheron, The Keeper...then extend the Line with some James Brady Sculpt's: Gorn Captain, Kang, M13-Salt Vampire, and an accurate Mugato.
                          well that would neat, And Tracy & Van gelder
                          are all good possiables.

Tracy would come with a bunch of spent Phasers.
                          and Gelder would come with either the shipping crate, or the Chair.
                          both card board, in keeping with Mego style.

Comment

• megomaniac
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 10, 2006

I like that they're bringing in the hard to find aliens. Now I can finally afford one!
                            I'd also like to see TNG or Voyager casts Megoized. That would be SWEET

Comment

• kresge1
                              Museum_Bozo
                              • Jun 20, 2001

i second or third the choice of an accurate mugato
                              Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by kresge1
                                i second or third the choice of an accurate mugato
                                With the help of Buk I made my own, but I wouldn't mind a factory made one as well

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎