X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Zulu/Gorn....

Anyone know if Doc will have Zulu/Gorn available at the NYC ComicCon 09'. I just got a brand new credit card that's shootin' on all cylinders....Rarin' to go!!!
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Ahhh,.. thats Sulu Bro.

Last edited by BlackKnight; Jan 26, '09, 8:37 PM.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Sulu....

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      You Right! You Right! I always think about Zulu warriors when i pronounce sulu's name.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Dang,

I thought EMCE was going to make Shaka Zulu figures.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

You know, that reminds me that Power Records made some of the book/record stories w/ a BLACK Sulu. And that was probably for the very same reason...the artist probably heard ZULU instead of SULU. (and they made Uhura WHITE!)
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
            You know, that reminds me that Power Records made some of the book/record stories w/ a BLACK Sulu. And that was probably for the very same reason...the artist probably heard ZULU instead of SULU. (and they made Uhura WHITE!)
            I watched that one episode where Uhura speaks Swahili to this guy, and I asked my husband if that was correct, what they were saying because the accents were so bad. He said he couldn't understand what they were saying and didn't realize it was Swahili.
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl
              I was always wondering if it was a rights issue, that they would have to pay more for likenesses and they figured all they needed was the big three (Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley).

Also, what's funny is that their Lt. Mress sort of resembled Uhura with Halloween makeup.

Having Mress in one of the stories adds fuel to my theory that a lot of the early Power Records stories came from unproduced scripts for the animated series.

[email protected]

Comment

• Mego Milk
                Custom Mego Maker
                • Jun 3, 2007

Shaka Kahn?

Comment

• wyldpny
                  Star Trek Mego Customizer
                  • Jan 29, 2008

Voiced by Nichelle Nichols Uhura was in the Animated series on and off along with Lt. M'Ress. Just about the entire cast was in the Animated series doing the voices and James Doohan did a lot of other voices, mostly aliens besides doing his own Mr. Scott character. Power records on the other hand had very cool album cover artwork but the voices and stories were not that great. I remember hearing Kirk say (who's voice was not William Shatner), "Lt to Uhura" instead of just "Lt. Uhura" LOL
                  The voices on the Peter Pan/Power Records as far as I am aware of were done by other people and not by any of the original cast.
                  Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
                  Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
                  Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• mego73
                    Printed paperboard Tiger
                    • Aug 1, 2003

That's true. As they did for all thier other TV/movie/comic based stories. I thought they did good servicable voices that aproximated the real ones.

I always thought he (voice actor for Kirk) said "Lt. You-hura" the same mispronounciation that the Mego commercial had

[email protected]

Comment

• GUYx1
                      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                      • Apr 20, 2005

Did you realize that MONDAY is GROUNDHOG DAY?
                      Imagine constantly living the same day over and over again, THIS CLOSE to receiving the new Gorn & Sulu set, yet never being able to see them in person...
                      Cheers,
                      Guyx1

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎