Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE's World's Greatest Super Heroes Line to be released!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
    If it Happens,... I think it will be very difficult to get both Properties at the same time imo... DC More so,.. Marvel Kinda Hoe's out there Properties More so ,.. so I think that will be the Easier Line to get imo.

Wouldn't they need Hasbro's and Mattel's okay as well?

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

teen titans all the way ! Of course we are talking full size Titans RIGHT?
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• jasonmego1277
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
        Wouldn't they need Hasbro's and Mattel's okay as well?
        Actually that is very accurate. Just like Diamond hold the Star Trek and Planet Of The Apes Licenses respectively, Hasbro and Mattel would probably need to Partner with Emce to do this. Its unlikely that one of them, let alone both would do this.

I am not trying to be negative , and no offense to Emce, or castaway because I love what they do, But WHY would Juggernaut toy manuafacturers like Mattel or Hasbro want/ need to do this.

I actually i'd like to think eventually, all companies need product that's new and fresh, new idea's. The whole repro/ reissue thing has been kicking for awhile, and Hasbro with the Transformers, G.i.Joe Reissues ( Not new sculpts ) and Mattel with the He-man Commemorative reissues a few years back are no exceptions to this. My point is it's possible that they would sub the License , but for the sake of issues new products they don't currently issue.

I maintain from from my earlier post that Marvel/ DC licensing fees would probably be prohibitive for companies like Emce and Castaway.
        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Why Would they need Mattel & Hasbro Concent ?
          I think thats incorrect.. , They May need Hasbro's concent,.. with their Quote - UnQuote 8inch Body...

But from what I have ever read,.. is when rights to make figures are Bought,.. the Scale is Bought. Case inpoint,.. Bowen has the rights to make Busts & Full size statues for Marvel of their characters... Marvel would not sell him the rights to make is smaller statues again,.. thats why you have never scene any new ones..

When a Licence product is on the Market,.. People pay to make Toys for a Certain Scale these days,.. I don't think , unless of course its DC Direct, because they are DC , a Company can just go & make a Figure for every Scale, size , type, or Whatever Because it's not in thier contract.

So,.. what figures are made today, that Resemble Mego,.. or are Mego's cloth scale ?

I just thought that how it works.
          Last edited by BlackKnight; Jan 13, '09, 11:29 AM.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• almitysufx
            Persistent Member
            • May 27, 2004

I think if it ever happened, I'd hope the first four would be Superman, RC Batman, RM Robin, and Aquaman, maybe even toss in some solid boxes (clearly marked reproduction of course) to pay tribute to where it started for the WGSH line.
            Well, that's what I'd like to see.

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by almitysufx
              I think if it ever happened, I'd hope the first four would be Superman, RC Batman, RM Robin, and Aquaman, maybe even toss in some solid boxes (clearly marked reproduction of course) to pay tribute to where it started for the WGSH line.
              Well, that's what I'd like to see.
              You forgot Cosmicman in there!
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Iron_fox85
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 14, 2008

aghhh! dont post anything thats not true >w< dang i thought 'zomg!' agghhh LOL damn man, you got me excited until i clicked it. og well a man can dream. a man can dream.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

First a a big for the deceptive thread title.

Now to my dream choices:

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Joker.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Wrath you crack me up...and also I am flattered you'd use my pictures as
                    part of the Museum episode of "Punk'd"

I also was fooled as I expect this to happen in the future (EMCE WGSH).

As much as I have my fantasy figures that they'd manufacture...
                    I agree that the core would be best served to consist of
                    characters like Bats, Supes, Aquaman, Spidey and Cap---also Joker
                    and Gobby. I, too, would think the 4 TEEN TITANS should get an
                    early release----I (personally) STILL do not have a WONDERGIRL.

Outside of the original WGSH?

Lex Luthor and Dr. Doom would make a good humble twosome.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• AAAAA
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 28, 2005

It will most likely be Superman/Lex luther, batman/Joker,Robin/Riddler ,Aquaman/Black manta

Comment

• Mego Milk
                        Custom Mego Maker
                        • Jun 3, 2007

NICE!!! Diggem! Awesome!
                        EMCE is gonna Rock the house!

what?

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                          GL of Mego Sector
                          • Oct 8, 2007

for my four I would pic 1 wave of DC and one of marvel DC Superman, Batman, Joker, Green Lantern! for Marvel Spider-Man, Hulk, Green Goblin and Doom!
                          No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• blastphemey
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 11, 2008

oh you (bleep)!!!!!!!!!!!! i got so freakin exciting when i saw the title of this thread!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• D-McMEGO
                              • Oct 30, 2008

TEASE !
                              The 4 I\'d like to see made are as follows
                              Green Lantern
                              Blue Devil
                              Black Panther
                              Thanos

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                                http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...OBIZARROCH.jpg

NOT!

I wish......

Who do you think they could start with if they had to start with four?

Marvel and DC.

My pix would be for starters...

Naturally,
                                Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Robin.
                                I normally would agree with you, and Think the Originals are Important. Personally rather than them being the first 4. I would love to see the originals re-released, but later . I would prefer to see new characters released to start the line. The originals are all attainable relatively easily, ( Except Titans, Secret Identities, and a few here and there. Why not do Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and someone else first , then release Originals like the Big 4 each additional wave.

Now I am not saying your wrong . I would'nt do that, There is no right or wrong. Personally I would just like to see some newbies first. I am sure this something that both sides of the argument would be able to state their case for.
                                In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎