Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Entertainment Earth has them up for sale. Along with a pre-order for Sulu. Here's a link:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hi...0&sort=0&new=0

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by David Lee
      It's free, but it's not easy nor is it fast... like I said before, we used the Eb's to gage demand, and we are going to explore more options to see if we can increase the numbers to make it more feasible... don't get me wrong, we are dedicated to exhausting every avenue make it work(we have to). Thanks for the concern bro.

-Dave
      I'm guessing the only concern for you with a Diamond solicit would be that you would have to foot the production of the figures till you got your money from the buyers? It'd be a shame for you to let the King Features liscense go to waste and not get Phantom mass produced.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        I'm guessing the only concern for you with a Diamond solicit would be that you would have to foot the production of the figures till you got your money from the buyers? It'd be a shame for you to let the King Features license go to waste and not get Phantom mass produced.
        ...Again thanks for the concern, about the figures and our finances ... I feel very confident it'll work out one way or the other. If the demand comes in high? that's great we'll make them, and if not? well were right back here where we started.

King Features seems happy with how things are going, and we don't consider delivering high quality EB figures to hardcore fans who want them a waste by any stretch...

-Dave

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I was just trying to get a better understanding for the situation for the Phantom and your other figures, and give you a comic store's perspective. The shop owner was wondering why there was no solicit thru Diamond for the Phantom, as he would have ordered a case thru them.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

I picked Chekov up at Newbury Comics last Thursday. Very nice head sculpt, I think EMCE has done an excellent job with everything released so far and can't wait to see more figures as they are released.

Comment

• Eric
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 11, 2008

My two Checkov/Cheron sets arrived from Amok Time yesterday. Love the new Chekov! The head sculpt is beautiful and the figure fits in perfectly with the ST Mego series. By the way, does anyone here know the minor connection between Walter Koenig and the Mego Star Trek figures back in the 70s? I can't find it referenced on the Internet, but remember it clearly. Anyone?

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

Do you mean the artwork on the phaser battle box depicting Chekov?.....Other than that, and Koenig being a collector....I got nothin'?
                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Eric
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 11, 2008

Well, it might have had something to do with Koenig being a collector. Around 1978 he wrote a script for an episode of the TV series "What Really Happened to the Class of '65" and it had a scene inside a child's room -- on one of his shelves were some Mego ST figures!
                  Last edited by Eric; Jan 7, '09, 1:43 PM.

Comment

• nordox
                    • Dec 22, 2007

He also wrote an episode of the animated trek

Lt. Arex took over his job tho on the enterprise...
                    wheres a mego of that dude!
                    :-)

Got my CHECKOV AND CHARON
                    (Ordered from Entertainment Earth)
                    Last edited by nordox; Jan 7, '09, 7:14 PM.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 10, 2006

Just ordered one today

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

I went to local Comic shop yesterday, I spotted EMCE Cheron & Chekov and I bought 'em to my new home.

Both of 'em looks great, I'l glad to have 'em!!!

The owner of Comic shop dropped price for me, I'm lucky to saved $2 dollars and free shipping but I drove down there and pick 'em up, not too far from my home!
                        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

still waiting for mine from Dr. Mego. they look fantastic though. EMCE has outdone themselves again.

Comment

• Tothiro
                            Kitten Mittens
                            • Aug 28, 2008

I picked mine up from a local shop a few days ago and he's pretty fantastic.

Mind you, the head sculpt doesn't suffer from the delightful watermelon-shaping condition that the old crew figures have, so being "correctly scaled" actually makes him look a little off when next to the others. The uniform is also a bit off, but overall he's nifty. (actually if the insignia and cut of uniform were smaller and the head bigger he'd be closer to vintage look)

I give him three hortas on the horta-keen scale.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by NewForce
                              a lot of times, folks will FOB them from HK, and do receive earlier... I would have had mine by now, but this time I special ordered my cases with each set of 2 individually boxed in a white mailer box (just for extra protection) and so mine were ready in HK a week later than DST's main stock due to this "special order"...
                              Got my Cheron and Chekov today from NewForce.. thanks, Rick! And those new 2-pack boxes are nifty! I almost didn't want to open it..

Comment

• Hulk
                                Mayor of Megoville
                                • May 10, 2003

All of mine have shipped as of today, keep an eye on those porches the next couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎