X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Chekov's here in Belgium, too.
    If he's in my backward country (we only have warp two technology), he should be everywhere soon.
    Collar's fine!
    He's a bit too tanned like Scotty, so they probably came back from shore leave together.
    The bubble has a cool insert piece, holding his feet nicely in place, instead of like my Kirk, who looks totally drunk in his packaging.

Overall, a great addition!
    Finally, Chekov!!!!!!!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• censy
      thread killer
      • Sep 26, 2007

Yay!

This is ahead of schedule, isn’t it? Not that I'm complaining, this is great news.

I am relieved to hear that the collar is ok, because I just saw a new Kirk in the store and his collar was a mess, like Scotty’s.

Chris

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, that collar is exactly right.
        If I can nitpick on two things:
        the top of the bubble is cracked at both sides
        and the phaser is "backwards" in his holster.

But don't let that rain on your parade: I'm over the moon to finally have this figure. Kind of waited over 30 years for the Russian....

Thank The Makers for getting us this!
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• blastphemey
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 11, 2008

that head is so much nicer than the prototype.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

How cool is that?? Finally a chekov and sulu. I'm more syched about these EMCEs than any other. Great stuff. I think he looks awesome.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by censy
              This is ahead of schedule, isn’t it?
              DST's website says 12/24 as estimated date of availability, so it seems to fit with that.

Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Found him doing some last minute Christmas shopping at Emerald City, I was actually there to get a Zira for my daughter but I had to have this figure.

To put it crudely, he &**^*%*ing rocks, I love this guy.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

My Diamond rep is all confused by this, claims they are not supposed to ship til Jan 7th. Needless to say, I don't have mine yet!
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• NewForce
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                    My Diamond rep is all confused by this, claims they are not supposed to ship til Jan 7th. Needless to say, I don't have mine yet!
                    a lot of times, folks will FOB them from HK, and do receive earlier... I would have had mine by now, but this time I special ordered my cases with each set of 2 individually boxed in a white mailer box (just for extra protection) and so mine were ready in HK a week later than DST's main stock due to this "special order"... that said,the container my stock is in, is supposedly already in L.A., so I should have next week or so, if holidays don't slow it up too much...

but the majority of domesitc orders will fill as Joe said...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                      Oh I definitely want the gorn
                      is that a two-pack figure?
                      I only want the new figures that aren't repros of old ones (or are so expensive for real ones that repros will have to do: Romulan, andorian, etc) so that's why I mentioned a Sulu/Chekov combo.
                      OK how about a Sulu/Chekov/Gorn 3 pack, LOL
                      I thought I saw the Phantom offered in Previews but I might be wrong?
                      Rich
                      Dunno about Phantom, just going on what the store owner said. Maybe it wasn't promoted well in Previews by Castaway and he missed it?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

I saw EMCE Cheron on ebay and I called local Comic Shop, he said he already sold few of 'em and Zira and Zauis already have been sold too quickly to the customers...... dang!!! I wanted to buy all of 'em sets earlier!
                        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• David Lee
                          The Fix-it-up Chappie
                          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Dunno about Phantom, just going on what the store owner said. Maybe it wasn't promoted well in Previews by Castaway and he missed it?
                          Neither have been advertised in Previews, but maybe soon...Captain Action has been a super hit for us and the limited distribution we did do seems promising... who knows it may be in comic stores soon through Diamond. The Phantom is little different, since we use our pre-sales and early birds to "test" the waters so to speak. Captain Action and Dr. Eville just did better, this might be due to a combination of factors... the economy being a large one, the highly collectible nature of the original figures and the relative "fotgotten" nature of the Phantom as a character. We will exaust all avenues with the Phantom, including distribution here and through foreign companies, but it's still kind of wait and see... Early Birds are the only "slam dunk". "fo sho", gonna get these figures as of today... this could very easily change, but we just don't know right now.

-Dave

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

So, you haven't even tried to solicit thru Diamond? Is it too expensive or something? Flatt did solicit the Phantom back in the day, wonder what the order numbers were for that more expensive figure.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

My invoice arrived so I should have them this week. See my sale thread or the link below for great pricing

Hulks Mego Scale Store : Sale

Comment

• David Lee
                                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                So, you haven't even tried to solicit thru Diamond? Is it too expensive or something? Flatt did solicit the Phantom back in the day, wonder what the order numbers were for that more expensive figure.
                                It's free, but it's not easy nor is it fast... like I said before, we used the Eb's to gage demand, and we are going to explore more options to see if we can increase the numbers to make it more feasible... don't get me wrong, we are dedicated to exhausting every avenue make it work(we have to). Thanks for the concern bro.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎