X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

Originally posted by txteach
    Isn't going to leave a lot of comic shops in the cold? Hey I'm all for mass appeal but EMCE started selling just on line and in comic shops now TRU? Wow
    Actually I never said - nor did the press release say - that the EMCE Star
    Trek figures would be in TRU. No one has mentioned anything to me (yet).

As for comic shops, I think next year will see a lot of them going under
    because of the economy. A comic shop is like a knitting store - you have
    a very specialized customer base and it's very much a non-essential item.

Almost all comic shops are mom & pop's - most without the mom too -
    so every month is a struggle to survive, even in good times. There is
    a lot of product coming out from a lot of companies and the on-line
    world is always luring away your customers.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

True dat! On-line is destroying a lot of family owned and small businesses. I guess it's just survival of the fittest. Darwin would be proud his theory was right.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

That is true, but many comic book stores do not stock these items which is why you have to go after them online. I am priviledged to have three relatively big comicbook stores in my town. They have huge stocks of comics, but only two stores carry new figure lines, but the availability is limited and often not replinished. Of course this translates into higher prices which often keeps them warming shelves. With this kind of unpredictability, it's easier to just order them online and save time and gas running around.

Dr. Mego also makes an excellent point about stores going under. I'm something of a stock junkie (more watcher than investor right now) and it didn't occur to me to think if GM is facing restructuring, what this might mean for local staples like the corner comicbook shop. Of course no one is immune in this historical period of economic crisis, but hopefully we will find a light at the end of this tunnel which will reveal many of our comic shops and action figure companies still standing. My fingers and toes are crossed.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Oooh, that gives me hope that i might actually be able to walk in a toy store and get the EMCE's myself one day
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• spotter
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 6, 2008

if mass retail was behind expect a dropp off in quality since your production runs would be larger BUT IT WOULD BE SO COOL!
            Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎