Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doc Mego astronaut repro (or just the suit)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

That makes a really great looking Brent! VERY GOOD IDEA!!
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Robin NY
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 13, 2008

yeah Doc, make a generic Astronaut and maybe some Gorillas w/orange jumpsuits would be awesome too

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Little John! That's a great idea for a POTA custom--very Brent. Thanks for the post.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Robin NY
          some Gorillas w/orange jumpsuits would be awesome too
          Why orange? Gorillas wore red jumpsuits. The orangutans wore orange.
          Scott

Comment

• Robin NY
            Museum Super Collector
            • Nov 13, 2008

oopss, yeah some red suits also

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by spotter
              getting an Extra kahn uni for Ceaser is a GOLDEN IDEA.
              I wouldn't use that Kahn outfit on Caesar... Caesar (and the other servant chimps) wore green, not red... Red is the gorilla's color...

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
              I have a light blue cotton AJ jumpsuit (no hood) that I plan on dying army green for Caesar. I just have to remember to get it when I go to the store.
              Since they bleach out pretty easily, you might want to do that before you dye it... I'd think dying white fabric would be better than dying over the light blue...

And I used that jumpsuit as an Astronaut jumpsuit... Bleached it, applied stickers and it looks a lot better than the blue one Mego made for him...

Do they sell cheap dye at dollar store? I've never bought dye before. Maybe it's less than $1 anyway?
              The RIT dye is available at Wal-Mart for like $1.18. I've never seen it at Dollar Tree around here...

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                Removed.
                • Jun 14, 2008

I saw a "dye remover" when I was looking at the dye in the store. Would that work the same as bleaching?
                I'm never sure how much bleach to use or how long to soak things in it.
                That suit is already pretty faded. It's almost a light gray now.
                Rich

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

I saw a "dye remover" when I was looking at the dye in the store. Would that work the same as bleaching?
                  I'm never sure how much bleach to use or how long to soak things in it.
                  That suit is already pretty faded. It's almost a light gray now.
                  Rich
                  I haven't tried the dye remover but I'm sure it would work the same...

With the bleaching of the jumpsuit, all I did was put it in a cup of bleach, stirred it around a few times and then let it sit for a couple minutes. It didn't take long at all... Then I washed it right away to A) Get rid of the bleach smell and B) To make sure the zipper didn't get corroded...

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Be careful putting metal in bleach.

Bleach is often used to dechrome. It will pop any shiny finish off of metal or plastic if left to soak long enough and then start to oxidize said metal.

If you use bleach on a jumper, you would probably want to dilute it some anyway which might help in keeping the metal intact.

rche

Comment

• timmy
                      • Feb 5, 2008

Easy Taylorish Astronaut

Here are pics of an easy Taylorish Astronaut I had thrown together.
                      New EMCE body, CTVT Little John head with CTVT Space 1999 acessories: white space suit, boots, belt & backpack. New Astronaut stickers from a Chik-Fil-A Spaceship/NASA toy

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎