Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

If the picture of Marty on the backside of the card doesn't mean Mego.....then what can I say.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by noelani72
      If the picture of Marty on the backside of the card doesn't mean Mego.....then what can I say.

Ya,I would tend to think that is endorsement enough for me...LOL
      Looks like a MEGO,smells like a MEGO,plays like a MEGO it must be an EMCE.

I don't consider them MEGO either they are better in my opinion.Better hands no thumbs snapping off when they hold things.No knees snapping apart at a critical moment of play.They are evolution,they are what MEGO could have been they are EMCE...
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

In my house, anything that is even Mego-like is called a Mego. True, most of the stuff I call Megos aren't, but I use the word much like I use the word Q-Tip for all cotton swabs or Band-aid for all bandages. I find it funny that I call even LJNs or CTVTs "Megos". Mego has become a universal term for me.

Whatever they're called, I'm glad the Mego style lives on! I'd love to see a store with a large stock of EMCEs. I'd probably wet myself. Seriously.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by DocDrako
          In my house, anything that is even Mego-like is called a Mego. True, most of the stuff I call Megos aren't, but I use the word much like I use the word Q-Tip for all cotton swabs or Band-aid for all bandages. I find it funny that I call even LJNs or CTVTs "Megos". Mego has become a universal term for me.

Whatever they're called, I'm glad the Mego style lives on! I'd love to see a store with a large stock of EMCEs. I'd probably wet myself. Seriously.

For some reason this post reminded me of the line in Demolition man. "Since the restaraunt wars all restaruant are Taco Bells Now"

At my house all action figures with clothing are MEGOS.

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

I stood in Marty Abrams' kitchen while he inspected Spock, the Andorian, McCoy, and
            the Romulan. He stared at them for a few minutes, looked up and said to me:

"You really nailed it!"

That was all the endorsement I needed to hear.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• nordox
              • Dec 22, 2007

That must be a great feeling

I think its great how this "repro" phase of mego 8" is now part of the history too.

So let's say the Trek movie does well, is it possible that this line might keep going and going?

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                I stood in Marty Abrams' kitchen while he inspected Spock, the Andorian, McCoy, and
                the Romulan. He stared at them for a few minutes, looked up and said to me:

"You really nailed it!"

That was all the endorsement I needed to hear.

AWESOME!! Really COOL Paul...thanks for sharing that!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎