Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

You mentioned the Father was buying Star Trek Figures....well You can't compare Molded Cowl Batman...to Star Trek. The Star Trek Figures IMO are some of Mego's very best Sculpts! Kirk...Man they not only captured His likeness...but His personality as well. I just love that cocky, self assured expression on His Face...that's the Jim Kirk I remember!!
    sigpic

Comment

• nordox
      • Dec 22, 2007

Yknow...

If the megos werent...well...megos...they might as well be DC Direct or that wonderful line of marvel stuff that folks sometime compare to megos. I think there was a wave of them when spidey 3 movie came out even. The goblin was cool.

I look at the new megos in a certain way the way I look at Kubricks now...

Comment

• goldenryan
        coy member
        • Jul 13, 2007

they should make the characters mego never got a chance to make in megostyle. 4 marvel characters and 4 dc. there's no reason to beat a line to death, the heroes and villians i would pick are
        marvel
        1.silver surfer
        2.daredevil
        3.dr.doom
        4.rhino

dc
        flash
        green lantern
        lex luthor
        darkseid
        Last edited by goldenryan; Oct 29, '08, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• drakghoulie
          • Feb 20, 2008

[QUOTE=The Bat;221008]You mentioned the Father was buying Star Trek Figures....well You can't compare Molded Cowl Batman...to Star Trek.

I know what you mean, but I wasn't comparing the two, trek and WGSH,
          I was making an observation about people remembering something cool and wanting to share the experience with their kids. People who are kind of out of the toy loop, but I'd bet if they had been the WGSH, batman,
          molded cowl or not they would have left the store too and not just because the dad was excited, the kids would be too. (our kids are generally in the loop and jaded and influenced by seeing it so much and by our comments and impressions)
          Yet, think of it this way, had we not seen them in 35 years and not been immersed in it all, yet loved them way back when, We would be excited, (I still would be ) and we'd buy them for the kids and I know from my experience with my kids, (who I have not indoctrinated into the world of MEGO) they recognize the emblem, the name and they know it's Batman. They've been intrigued by the old MEGO's just because the figures are different from what they see everyday. (course I am guilty of watching the super friends with them and letting them read some old 70's comics, but hey, a dad has to do something they can complain about later)

Comment

• roman
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 25, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            There is a Project Superpowers line in the works, perhaps it is Mego style?
            Project Super Powers? Can you offer any details? Very curiious.

I have not kept up with this chain very well but now I am curious. Is there an actual chance that some one (Paul) might be trying to produce a new line of DC / Marvel Mego-like figures?

I thought this whole thing was just someone pontificating on the coolness of a new hero collection in the Mego style.

By the way, although I am not a Trek fan I have to offer props to Paul on his addition to that line. Man those look awesome.

Comment

• dumbldor
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 9, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
              Are you saying you'd actually buy repros? Wow, didn't expect that from you
              I would love for my son to have fun trashing well marked replicas any way he likes. That's a lot different than 'collecting' replicas. Well marked replicas are a win-win IMO.

I already have all of the CTVT legends and the first 6 EMCE Treks put aside for my son when he is old enough to play with them (another year or so).

Rick, originals are too expensive to hand over to my kids. I do not have the disposable income for that. An action figure for play should cost no more than $10-15 IMO.

I welcome new characters as well, done in the Mego spirit of course. I applauded the introduction of Chekov and Sulu, and I would do the same for a WGSH line extension whether it be done by EMCE, Mattel, or whoever.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎