Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raydeen1
    Persistent Member
    • May 23, 2008

I'd want them exactly the same. Maybe with updated version as well. Like a Batman 2 pack. Exact (or as close as possible) remake and an updated version. That would be cool. As long as it goes NO WHERE near the FC look. Blech.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Raydeen1
      I'd want them exactly the same. Maybe with updated version as well. Like a Batman 2 pack. Exact (or as close as possible) remake and an updated version.

Hey....that's a good call...I like the 2 Pack idea!!
      sigpic

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

Let me get a license first!
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• megozilla13
          Persistent Member
          • May 10, 2002

I say make them exactly the same to the very last detail, even the packaging!!!!!!! offer them boxed and carded!!!!!!!!!!

mikej
          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
            OK!! when??? I know I'm just starting trouble.

I think things are looking pretty good right now. I always said WGSH too, but after seeing Jay's stuff, I have to say I'm pretty psyched. I actually think some independant characters could fill the bill. Nothing says WGSH has to be DC or Marvel. What's the true definition of World's Greatest?? Haven't customs done a pretty good job of filling the Marvel DC gaps? I am really interested to see what other independant artists are willing to put the cash to see their own designs in plastic. I'm guessing the biggest exposure will be the NY Comicon in Feb. I think Jay said he would be there, and Doc also. I want to see what other artists think of what Jay is doing. I tried some speculation and looked hard at what many said when the Trek guys came out. The overwhelming majority said EMCE should not do Kirk and Klingon,myself included honestly, but with the announcement of Diamond doing a second wave obviously speculation was wrong. If you make it they will buy, and evidently they did. Maybe we don't need licenses to get what we really need. Trek will produce 4 new figures. That was the goal. Doc said he could get there and he has. They look just like the figures Mego would have done except they're brand spankin new. Basically for collectors it's the best of both worlds. New stuff just like the old stuff. We're seeing 4 new Trek's plus Jay's characters. By no means ignoring Castaway's 4 new figures either. That makes at least 9 new figures plus any already speculated variants that will follow. What's it been, just over three years since EMCE first announced the Trek figures? I think that's pretty good. We still don't really know what the future holds. 3 years ago few thought EMCE would ever reach the Sulu and Chekov stage much less Khan and a new Gorn sculpt. This was a dream born in Paul's basement. Who ever thought any superhero would be produced. Most figured DC or Marvel would need to be involved, but perhaps the near future will prove that assumption incorrect. Maybe we'll all end up getting exactly what we want in a way we haven't even thought of yet.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

EMCE's WGSH...exact Replicas?

The reason the Famous Covers line did so badly wasn't because of accuracy; they were plenty accurate.

However, they were also ugly as all get out.

Every single one of them looked as if he/she were constipated, and had this awful rictus on his/her face!

Besides, this is Doc we're talking about. He's waaaaaaaayyyy better than those dipsticks were.

To think I almost bought their Black Widow figure way back when.

FC was in it mainly, in my own opinion, for the profits.

Doc wants to make money too, heck we all do, but he at least pays attention to what the customer wants in a collector figure!

Considering the kind of fabric that was available in the 70's for the Mego line, the ones that are available today are loads better.

Sure the fabrics were mostly knit, but were they comparable to Spandex?

No.

I would like to see a new WGSH line come out.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

EMCE's WGSH...exact Replicas?.........

Originally posted by drmego
                God willing....The good Doc could get the DC/Marvel license. I would'nt mind Superman looking something like this:

Everything he's wearin' is reproed....Except the Head.

or a Spidey like this:
                Last edited by Ivaniski; Sep 27, '08, 8:58 PM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

I wouldn't be down with straight repros of Supes, Bats, Spidey, etc. Especially since so many of them are easy to obtain. I'd like to see a line extension with the always mentioned Luthor, GL, Flash, Dr. Doom etc. That would really set things on its ear instead of retro-reproducing the existing line.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Ah...but Doc's not sticking STRICTLY to the replica Business Hue...:
                    Ah...but I never said he was. I noted the changes he was making in one of
                    my above posts replying to someone else.

My point was...if these ever did get to the Mass Market(like Toys R'
                    Us)...that old Mego molded Cowl Batman Head would never fly!
                    And MY point was that that's not what EMCE is doing and as far as I've heard
                    ---and it isn't their goal anyway.

And that's where I say "Way to go Doc" because Anyone can make
                    a "new styled" Gorn doll----but a replica Mego Kirk---well, only someone
                    looking to give us "new" replicas of the figures we played with as kids---
                    a collector's figure---could give us a relaunch of "our" chidhood toys.

And...
                    If Doc made an "updated figure" before a classic cowl or molded head Batman
                    it'd be totally in contrast to the whole nostalgic "Bring back Megos"
                    that this line is based on.
                    Last edited by huedell; Sep 27, '08, 8:40 PM.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• blastphemey
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 11, 2008

i always thoiught about this. (very good thread) they would awesome and im gonna join the band wagon about making gl, flash, luther, and some other villians and more characters mego shouldv'e made.
                      Also i think doc youve said somthing about htis before but i would like another reason. What is the conflict on making reproduction type 1 bodies? You said somehting about th metal pins but you could do them plastic. Let me know man!!!! ( i dont hijack this thread either i just wannt your answer.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

EMCE's WGSH...exact Replicas?

Hey Ivaniski, the pictures didn't come through.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Raydeen1
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 23, 2008

That would be sweet!
                          For the 2 pack idea, imagine a larger box conatining 2 boxed Batman figures. One completely retro/repro exactly as stated, then an updated version packed alongside of it.

I'd go for strictly 100% repro though. If they offered only updated versions, I'd be less likely to buy them. 100% repro, I'd buy them all. Every figure available.

Originally posted by megozilla13
                          I say make them exactly the same to the very last detail, even the packaging!!!!!!! offer them boxed and carded!!!!!!!!!!

mikej

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                            To Fear is Not Logical...
                            • Feb 17, 2008

It would be cool to have a Nightwing or updated Robin, but at the same time, it would be neat to have an complete replica of a Green Arrow or Thor with all of their parts and clean clothes. Or even (and totally for nostalgia sake) see an RC batman with oven mitts fresh out of the package. That's the next best thing to time travel

But if the sculpts are updated, at least have some of the heroes smile. I haven't bought any of the DC releases of Superman because they always have him looking so angry all of the time. Like he's grunting or tasting a super lemon or something.
                            It's all good!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

EMCE's WGSH...exact Replicas?......

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              Hey Ivaniski, the pictures didn't come through.
                              Pictures are back up again. Check my previous post.
                              Last edited by Ivaniski; Sep 27, '08, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 14, 2008

i want a repro of superman....i'm new i'm 23 and yet i have admired superman for long time. i just cant aford them on toyshows---aaaaannnd i dont trust ebay enough to start that. but a repro would be great.

i'm planning to get the keeper sometime. he's just pure kickass.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎