X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by kerowack
    My aunt came over the other day and stepped into my toy room and the first thing she said is, "Why are the guys from Star Trek all Spanish?" Kirk and McCoy are too tan for their own good, but I LOVE them regardless.

FUNNY story..!! Thanks for sharing ~
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Raydeen1
      Persistent Member
      • May 23, 2008

Interesting to read all of this.

Right now my main objective is Spock, then Kirk and the Gorn. I don't have much interest in any of the other figures at the moment but that could change once I get my hands on Spock. By the time I get Scotty, his color will probably be fixed.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
        Career Member
        • Jun 18, 2007

Any word on any corrections/running changes to the Scotty figure?

Comment

• MegoMark
          • Feb 11, 2008

I picked up Scotty and Keeper today and I can see what everyone is talking about with Scotty's headsculpt. My first reaction in the store was "wow..his face is very dark and a bit thin looking". The second thing I noticed was a very messy collar. It stuck up on one side and just looked bad. The store had another Scotty which I quickly picked up. This one had a much better collar.....although both of them have a larger opening which shows too much of the figures shoulders. The collar should be tighter around the neck. This makes the shirt look a bit small for the figure (or perhaps too big one could argue).

Other than these issues Scotty is a great figure. The red shirt is a really deep color and looks great!

I never had the original Keeper but this new one seems really good. The material feels really silky and smooth. I was not sure if I would buy him but I'm glad I did.

PS...I think Scotty kinda looks a bit like Mr Big from Sex and the City. If he was just a bit heavier looking.

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

Hey the tan color is actually very mego.

Mego often used tans on people who were not tan. Anyone remember Tan Wonder Woman? Or super tanned Farrah? or Suzanne Sommers? All oddly tan so Scotty is taking after them. Gee I hope he doesn't start melting next. LOL

I seen Scotty at NEC but I didn't buy him or the keeper but I did look at them and thought the keeper looked good and Scotty I thought was OK too. The Tan didn't bother me but I didn't buy it. I am thinking I may in the future. I just love the feeling of being a Mego figure at a store of a figure I could buy as a kid. It just feels good.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

EMCE Scotty,

QUOTE=jemboy2004;197357]Hey the tan color is actually very mego.

Mego often used tans on people who were not tan. Anyone remember Tan Wonder Woman? Or super tanned Farrah? or Suzanne Sommers? All oddly tan so Scotty is taking after them. Gee I hope he doesn't start melting next. LOL

I seen Scotty at NEC but I didn't buy him or the keeper but I did look at them and thought the keeper looked good and Scotty I thought was OK too. The Tan didn't bother me but I didn't buy it. I am thinking I may in the future. I just love the feeling of being a Mego figure at a store of a figure I could buy as a kid. It just feels good.[/QUOTE]

These are exactly my same sentiments, Too me just seeing all those scotties and Keepers at Midtown Comics here in New York made me feel like Xmas in August (a Mego figure at a store) gave me good goose bumbs....like a kid again. However, i wanted to pick up five of them...Scotties (always good to have a few put away), but was turned off by the redness of the face and the collar situation. I hope that the good Doc can probably contact the factory in china (just like silver bars) and informed them to rectify this problem. Furthermore, I'll go as far as saying; that i've come to really appreciate and love All the EMCE Mego releases more then my original Megos.....It's a personal thing; the bodies are of a stronger material and the "Slightly thinner heads" give the EMCE figures more of a realistic look. With all my nieces and nephews, plus my three kids; now is the right time to stock up on all Emce (Megos) that i can. Bless ya Doc!!!
              Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 30, '08, 6:53 PM.

Comment

• blastphemey
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 11, 2008

yeah thats how mine is. is really thin compared to the others too

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Tanned or not, the local comics shop said Scotty was selling well. Oddly enough, all the crew figures sold well up here. The Romulan and Andorian figures sold a little slower( although still considered strong sellers) and the Keeper seems set to follow that trend.

Kinda funny, a few folks were saying this project wouldnt fly when Paul first announced it, because everybody who wants them already had these figures, or could obtain them easily from e-bay. Kirk is pretty much sold out, as is the Klingon, and the rest of the EMCE figures are selling well. Hooray for optimism!
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• txteach
                    Banned
                    • Jun 17, 2005

I guess slam is not your name for nothing. Dude, it wasn't funny, it was actually offensive.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Family Guy is actually offensive every 83 seconds. They've done studies.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Uncle Slam
                        It looks like he should be selling oranges on a street corner or somethin'.

I laughed! But I'm not easily offended...I don't get upset when People make jokes about the Irish being Drunks. I've found that stereotypes don't come from nowhere...They're based on observed behavior. ALL Races have certain Personallty traits.
                        Last edited by The Bat; Sep 6, '08, 2:22 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Seeker
                          Neptunians RULE!
                          • Feb 20, 2008

Ethnic busts aside. Did Doc say he was going to do anything about the messed up red shirt collars?
                          Lo there do I see my Father.
                          Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                          Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                          Lo they do call me.
                          They bid me take my place among them.
                          In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

My Scotty is not tan, I could deal with that, he is RED.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                              My Scotty is not tan, I could deal with that, he is RED.

Agreed! Mego's had a Tanishness them....Scotty looks like He got a BAD Sun burn.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Uncle Slam
                                Regardless, I'm just glad that somebody is cranking out the repro Megos. I was getting tired of all the petty bidding wars on Ebay for the originals.

Right! And You can always pick up a loose, nude Scotty on eBay with a Head in decent shape...and swap out "Sun burned" Scotty. That's what I did.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎