X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by jackson5677
    I guess that's the end of 'This Thread' praising these guys....
    ....as for the mego store, waiting 2 years for a paid for item.....just means you got ripped off........learn from your mistakes......they will both be out of business very soon.
    Knock it off already, will you? We all know what you think of Castaway, no need to bury every thread with your opinion. This thread was meant for people receiving their order and letting everyone know, let's keep it at that, shall we?
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• lepage
      The Ape General
      • Aug 12, 2001

I guess that's the end of 'This Thread' praising these guys....
      ....as for the mego store, waiting 2 years for a paid for item.....just means you got ripped off........learn from your mistakes......they will both be out of business very soon.
      Now your just being a jerk!

Comment

• jackson5677
        Banned
        • Oct 19, 2008

Originally posted by lepage
        Now your just being a jerk!
        No......I'm just being honest....waiting months or years for a paid for items is a joke........if your stupid enough to order from these two companies again.......after all the complaints from other members here on the Mego Museum......then I have to wonder.....who's the real jerk.....good luck.

What also amazes me is both of these companies have the time to sell items here on the mego museum.....while other members are STILL WAITING for paid for / in stock items.......and if YOU weren't such a jerk, you would be defending the members who got ripped off.... not praising the companies that are robbing other mego museum members.........Now your just being a jerk.
        Last edited by jackson5677; Nov 29, '09, 1:43 PM.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

No......I'm just being honest....waiting months or years for a paid for items is a joke........if your stupid enough to order from these two companies again.......after all the complaints from other members here on the Mego Museum......then I have to wonder.....who's the real jerk.....good luck.

What also amazes me is both of these companies have the time to sell items here on the mego museum.....while other members are STILL WAITING for paid for / in stock items.......and if YOU weren't such a jerk, you would be defending the members who got ripped off.... not praising the companies that are robbing other mego museum members.........Now your just being a jerk.
          Slow shipping isn't robbery. Now please, if you want to bury these guys do it in another thread or in private, this thread was created for a different purpose
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jackson5677
            Banned
            • Oct 19, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
            Slow shipping isn't robbery. Now please, if you want to bury these guys do it in another thread or in private, this thread was created for a different purpose
            These guy's buried themselves......and lost alot of good customers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I agree with Jackson to an extent, they got caught with their pants down. Not ready to handle the biz from the get go. The Phantom preorders should have been enough to get them into gear finding a distribution manager of some sort but it wasn't. Only now after some torches and pitchforks were busted out did they get it into gear.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                • Oct 8, 2007

I have always gotten my stuff from them, and am happy. Could they ship faster? Yes. Will I order more either way? Absolutely. I am sorry others have had what they consider a bad experience, but I haven't seen the endless complaining do much good either.
                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2007

I ordered from them again...and again....still receiving my items in a timely manner.....Maybe NOT BEING A JERK, has HELPED, as opposed to hindering my service. I'm just saying.......

jackson5677 untill you open a company up that produces a subperb product, with better shipping....back off. If you dont want to order than so be it. I personally hope Castaway and 20 other companies producing mego like figures pop up ......If you dont like the service and think you can do better...put your money where your mouth is....instead of just running your mouth to hear yourself talk.

Comment

• levyguy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 4, 2009

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                    I have always gotten my stuff from them, and am happy. Could they ship faster? Yes. Will I order more either way? Absolutely. I am sorry others have had what they consider a bad experience, but I haven't seen the endless complaining do much good either.
                    I agree. I feel bad for those who still have not recieved items they ordered and paid for a long while back and I certainly hope they recieve everything they are waiting for, and extras, very soon.
                    But I am very glad Castaway is producing nice Captain Action figures (no -one else is doing so) and I hope they will continue.
                    I hope they will work harder to get everything out to every one of their customers in a more timely manner.
                    I am happy with the items I got from them and plan to order any other CA items they produce.
                    While I can see why those who have been waiting such a long time are upset, I feel Castaway will get it all straightened out and everyone will recieve what they ordered.

Comment

• bjack99
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2008

I have gotten my orders over the last couple months in a reasonable amount of time. And am i planning to continue to order from them.

Comment

• txteach
                        Banned
                        • Jun 17, 2005

All is forgiven and the lovefest is renewed. Is this round 2 or 3, I have lost count of the vicious circles we do.

Comment

• jackson5677
                          Banned
                          • Oct 19, 2008

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                          I ordered from them again...and again....still receiving my items in a timely manner.....Maybe NOT BEING A JERK, has HELPED, as opposed to hindering my service. I'm just saying.......

jackson5677 untill you open a company up that produces a subperb product, with better shipping....back off. If you dont want to order than so be it. I personally hope Castaway and 20 other companies producing mego like figures pop up ......If you dont like the service and think you can do better...put your money where your mouth is....instead of just running your mouth to hear yourself talk.
                          So what your saying is....everytime I buy an item from a store, and am not happy with the item, I should open my own store to show the store owner how it should be done to keep the customer happy........are you for real.

If the guys at Cast A Way think like you do, then they will surely be out of business soon.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 18, 2007

So what your saying is....everytime I buy an item from a store, and am not happy with the item, I should open my own store to show the store owner how it should be done to keep the customer happy........are you for real.

If the guys at Cast A Way think like you do, then they will surely be out of business soon.
                            I believe my point was if you are so totally disapointed with the service you have the option of creating your own line. But of course thats a thousand times more difficult than simply busting someone elses chops for laying it all out on the line to make the dream happen. You have plenty of advice for other peoples investments...invest some of your own and see how it feels to not be in control ......Castaway already has to depend on CHINA for its product. its no wonder they held onto the shipping as long as they have. Every little peice farmed out is a little less control you have over your product...pretty soon you are depending on multiple people who dont have a fraction invested into the product that you do, and they dont care how something ships or if its on time. Castaway personally inspects every peice before it is shipped. Thats pride in their product and their customers.

So youve voiced your unhappiness, on multiple boards, with multiple posts...now put up or shut up. Its Castaways business, how they run their business. They are smart enough to listen to our ideas (with zero invested in their company, outside of our tiny purchase) I hope they have developed the thick skin needed to stay in business.

Hey Dave wheres my ZORRO?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

All is forgiven and the lovefest is renewed. Is this round 2 or 3, I have lost count of the vicious circles we do.
                              It's at least round 2 or 3 of the endless grumbling that comes up in every thread anyone every tries to start on Cast-A-Way. The problems have been acknowledged, and measures are being taken to fix past problems. Obviously a "wait and see" attitude isn't in vogue here right now.

It's another example of the over-developed sense of entitlement that makes some folks think they know how to run this board. It apparently extends to folks who think they can run others' businesses, even if they've never order from them, and have no dogs in the fight.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                                Defender of the Megoverse
                                • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                                I believe my point was if you are so totally disapointed with the service you have the option of creating your own line. But of course thats a thousand times more difficult than simply busting someone elses chops for laying it all out on the line to make the dream happen. You have plenty of advice for other peoples investments...invest some of your own and see how it feels to not be in control ......Castaway already has to depend on CHINA for its product. its no wonder they held onto the shipping as long as they have. Every little peice farmed out is a little less control you have over your product...pretty soon you are depending on multiple people who dont have a fraction invested into the product that you do, and they dont care how something ships or if its on time. Castaway personally inspects every peice before it is shipped. Thats pride in their product and their customers.

So youve voiced your unhappiness, on multiple boards, with multiple posts...now put up or shut up. Its Castaways business, how they run their business. They are smart enough to listen to our ideas (with zero invested in their company, outside of our tiny purchase) I hope they have developed the thick skin needed to stay in business.

Hey Dave wheres my ZORRO?

Well said sir!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎