Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackson5677
    Banned
    • Oct 19, 2008

I know I'm the one who started the first thread bad mouthing CAST-A-AWAY toys for the slow service and NOT answering any of my emails or phone calls.....but now I have to say, after getting this Phantom figure....it was well worth the wait.....'THEY' did a great job and the packaging is amazing....after finding out that 'THEY' are just Dave and Jason, I can understand all the work 'THEY' had to put into this figure and why it took so long to produce....when I first saw the CAST-A-WAY website I assumed from the quality of the items that this was a big company.....all I can say now is for a 2 man operation, this stuff is AMAZING......Thank you Dave and Jason.......ps..how can 'WE' get the first figures you released....I saw them on the mego-like website , monster figures: Phantom of the Opera, The Fly.....?

Comment

• Evel KMego
      Museum Daredevil
      • Apr 26, 2006

Got mine today. SWEEET!!!!!! Great job Dave and Jason! And the artwork is awesome Chris!

Comment

• steelcouch
        Career Member
        • Feb 11, 2006

Very very anxious for mine to arrive. My mom bought me the early bird set for christmas and dont have a clue what # it was as she deleted the email invoice. Bought the club member exclusives and the throne to go with them. Also went the ebay route and bought the fx employees version of the phantom. That is a really cool piece.

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by jackson5677
          I know I'm the one who started the first thread bad mouthing CAST-A-AWAY toys for the slow service and NOT answering any of my emails or phone calls.....but now I have to say, after getting this Phantom figure....it was well worth the wait.....'THEY' did a great job and the packaging is amazing....after finding out that 'THEY' are just Dave and Jason, I can understand all the work 'THEY' had to put into this figure and why it took so long to produce....when I first saw the CAST-A-WAY website I assumed from the quality of the items that this was a big company.....all I can say now is for a 2 man operation, this stuff is AMAZING......Thank you Dave and Jason.......ps..how can 'WE' get the first figures you released....I saw them on the mego-like website , monster figures: Phantom of the Opera, The Fly.....?
          Those early figures were all hand made and way long gone...Sadly, we don't even have all of them ourselves. They never seem to come around even on E-bay... Maybe one day we can re-release these on our new body with roto-cast heads and the works... Othewise, good luck is all I can say.

-Dave

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

Dave,can i still order the Phantom or have to wait until he is in stock?As i am a bit late coming to the party

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by raider5gt
              Dave,can i still order the Phantom or have to wait until he is in stock?As i am a bit late coming to the party
              Yes you gotta wait, it'll be up soon... after Mego Meet fo sho...

-Dave

Comment

• Jerry68
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
                Those early figures were all hand made and way long gone...Sadly, we don't even have all of them ourselves. They never seem to come around even on E-bay... Maybe one day we can re-release these on our new body with roto-cast heads and the works... Othewise, good luck is all I can say.

-Dave
                Dave,

What new body? Is there another new body you are working on? Come on, you let the cat out of the bag. Now spill it!
                sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Jerry68
                  Dave,

What new body? Is there another new body you are working on? Come on, you let the cat out of the bag. Now spill it!
                  I just meant our "non mego" improved body we currently make.... though improvements are on the table

-Dave

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                    • Oct 8, 2007

Just wanted to mention, I got my Long Awaited Phantom and he looks great. Still waiting on the EB Stuff but we knew that. I also got my other order, and everything looks great. Thank you, Dave.
                    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• bleit1701
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 1, 2009

Got mine and the Phantom is great. Just a beautiful figure. Sharp packaging. All around winner.
                      Better late than never.....

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I LOVE the FX version which has the classic Phantom along with the head and costume for the Gray Ghost. I liked that so much I joined the club and ordered that one today. I'm looking forward to getting it! I think Castaway Toys has tapped into a big hit for collectors. I think I'll end up getting the Kit Walker outfit and throne as well. Nice work guys!

Comment

• puggdogg
                          • Jan 2, 2009

My order is 619. I thought the first 700 or so was shipped out over a fortnight ago. I paid for prority mail. Did you send it to the wrong address or something?
                          sigpic

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                            • Aug 14, 2007

I was kinda wondering about my Phantom, too. I didn't get the newsletter, so I wasn't sure if my address was wrong or something. I bought mine through ebay, joined the club and waited patiently.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• jackson5677
                              Banned
                              • Oct 19, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee

-Dave
                              Dave,

I just won the RADIOACTIVE ZOMBIE on Ebay....still looking for the others.
                              Last edited by jackson5677; May 22, '09, 8:15 PM.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                                Defender of the Megoverse
                                • Dec 30, 2008

Hey cool!!!!! I thought about bidding on that. Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎