Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

A western line is something I have always wanted!!!
    The originals fell so short for me as a kid I longed for some cool cowboys figs.
    The only original fig I really liked was buffalo bill.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by David Lee
      Yes sir! BTW I just secured a nice 1/9th scale Thompson .45 with the "can" style clip.... Poifect for yous gangsta type mugs...

-Dave
      Excellent, I can finally complete my Ventriloquist and Scarface!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

The Lone Ranger and Tonto would be out of site!!
        But we would need a Silver and Scout as well...

Lynn

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

The Lone Ranger and Tonto would probably be best to get it rolling since they are like superheroes. They will get buyers of both areas. I have some suggestions and reference to throw out there to David and Jason although I'm sure they have a good handle on what they want to do.

As I mentioned in Ivansky's thread, I like the way he used the Pike (Hunter) head for the LR. He does resemble him a bit. Here is a pic of LR and Tonto and a hard to find pic of what Clayton Moore looked like back then without the mask. He kind of resembled Hunter and also Lee Majors because of the way he squinted his eyebrows. I likewise really like the way Brian Leitner did the suit for him. And Jay Silverheels' sculpt likeness was very well done by Exclusive Premiere a few years back.

Last edited by hobub; Jan 25, '09, 9:46 PM.

Comment

• michael crawford
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 15, 2008

Man, I'll be all over this like hair on a bear. I loves me my western figures. Anyone remember my Western Action Figure Archive? Man, those were the days.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 9, 2008

Lone Ranger ? ........Sign me up.
              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Western Figures?.....

Originally posted by michael crawford
                Man, I'll be all over this like hair on a bear. I loves me my western figures. Anyone remember my Western Action Figure Archive? Man, those were the days.
                I Love them too!!! I can't get enough of the masked Rider and his faithful Companion.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by hobub
                  The Lone Ranger and Tonto would probably be best to get it rolling since they are like superheroes. They will get buyers of both areas. I have some suggestions and reference to throw out there to David and Jason although I'm sure they have a good handle on what they want to do.

As I mentioned in Ivansky's thread, I like the way he used the Pike (Hunter) head for the LR. He does resemble him a bit. Here is a pic of LR and Tonto and a hard to find pic of what Clayton Moore looked like back then without the mask. He kind of resembled Hunter and also Lee Majors because of the way he squinted his eyebrows. I likewise really like the way Brian Leitner did the suit for him. And Jay Silverheels' sculpt likeness was very well done by Exclusive Premiere a few years back.

Get the latest information in Themed Entertainment with Jim Hill Media Podcasts, Articles, and Videos. Disney, Universal, and More.

http://www.zorrolegend.com/zorro1949.jpg
                  Great resemblance to Clayton Moore!!!

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

I'd buy these as well. I hope it works out.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
                      The short answer is yes...

The long answer is we would love to make some really nice Western Figures, but we have not made any big plans yet. We are talking to the Lone Ranger people, and they seem receptive. Other than that all I can say for sure is we do have everything we need to proceed, we just need a reason The Lone Ranger would be a fantastic start.

Besides the Masked Man we'd like to see some more realistic historic Western Figures, much like Dragon and Sideshow have done, only in 8 inch scale. I'd like to see Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Wild Bill Hickok, Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson and Doc Holiday in a very realistic format. Since I work for the US Marshals Service in my day job, I'd like to see some of these come to life with endorsements from the Marshals with the Official Seal etc... Realistic native Americans would also be very cool... Crazy Horse, Sitting Bull, and Geronimo etc... Buffalo Soldiers, Civil War figures... the list goes on and on....

WE LOVE this stuff... so if we can keep this thing moving forward and figures sell, you will see us make these kinds of things from us in the future.

-Dave
                      i'd love to see robert conrad in wild wild west in this line too if possible!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎