Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Try heating the boots... two minutes in a bowl of water in the old Micro is what I do. Take em out shake em out and go right on, If the toes bind at the bottom of the boot, just pull the heal of the boot and point the foot towards the toe of the boot. Then use something flat and skinny to push the pant leg into the boot... It takes a little work but the results are worth it... I swear it works!

-Dave

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 18, 2007

Thanks Dave, I'll give it a shot. Is it just the hero boots that are this snug or is it all of the boots?

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
        Thanks Dave, I'll give it a shot. Is it just the hero boots that are this snug or is it all of the boots?
        Hero only, for the look mostly... the others are easier...

-D

Comment

• lepage
          The Ape General
          • Aug 12, 2001

its a double edge sword really.

Mego initially made all thier clothing and accs. kid friendly which meant very easy to slip on. That is great for a kid but for an adult collector/ customizer your left with a clunky looking boot that just doesnt look right. Super Heroes boots are snug and these are snug but the price you have to pay for an awesome looking custom is to have to do a little extra work to get them on. I for one think its worth it but thats just me.

my two cents.

Comment

• supes
            For the love of Mego's!
            • Jan 19, 2004

Thanks, I will give it a shot. I will be ordering more soon!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Any chance the torsos will ever be available in SOFT plastic? (It'd make using resin casts with the MEGOlike neck plugs a LOT easier...)

And, will this boot issue ever be resolved? (i.e. Will they be retooled so they can actually slip on over a body suit or MEGO tights without the suit/tights having to be cut up to slip the boots on?)

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Apes...

We probably won't retool the boots, it's style preference like Dave said... These were made for Captain Action and the Phantom figure we are releasing. Newer boots altogethor is more likely down the road.

As for softer torsos, that too is probably not likely to change anytime soon... the use of Sonic Welding to attach the two halves together is much cheaper and faster than blowmolding the hollow chest of old (MEGO). This of course requires more rigid halves. This is why it's not as soft, though it considerable softer than DM bodies... Again the bodies are being made for our complete figures that will utilyze soft rotocast heads assembled at the factory.

-Dave
                Last edited by David Lee; Sep 4, '08, 1:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎