• Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    Are those the ones you sold to me?
    No .
    I bought those to make a Man Hunter,.. but liked the Fabric Cloth look better.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

I only goto CTVTs when I am desperate need of a female body and I don't want to play the bidding game on eBay for an original.
      I am sure CTVTs didn't intend to become a company that sells junk but it happened that way. There is someone who answers their emails at figinc@aol.com that heard my issues when I ordered some bodies and they came to me broken. They heard me out and resent me some new bodies. To me, that tells me someone really is concerned with the problems.

Paul (Dr. Mego) is the only way to go for decent bodies. Eventually when he comes out with his new female body in September there isn't going to be a need for CTVTs but if CTVTs beats Dr. Mego to the superhero licence, there might be a different story. THAT IS THE TICKET TO THE $$

I have become a master at repairing the CTVT's female bodies. I even offered them a deal to take some broken rejects off their hands. I don't think they guy thought it was too funny or considered my offer as a serious one.

The main problem with CTVT's female bodies is the cracked knees and ankles. I created a bootleg sculpey design as a solution to fix the cracked ankles. All though it doesn't make the ankle flexible or movable, my new way brings balance to the busted dolls.

If anyone wants me to fix up their busted female ankles with my boot balance treatment, send them to me. You pay for shipping I won't charge you anything if you are a fluent member of the Mego Museum.

PS. I sent out an invite to CTVTs executive. Hopefully they will take my offer and come here and talk.
      Last edited by Cosmicman; Aug 3, '08, 2:42 PM.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Hotfoot
        Dazed and Confused
        • Dec 30, 2007

So basically what people are saying is for their current sales price of around $5.00 each you are basically buying heads and clothes?

I have several Nekid megos that need some clothes. I guess this would be a good way to get some outfits for them.
        Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Hotfoot
          So basically what people are saying is for their current sales price of around $5.00 each you are basically buying heads and clothes?

I have several Nekid megos that need some clothes. I guess this would be a good way to get some outfits for them.
          I have a lot of alter egos like Peter Parker, Logan, Dr. Banner, Tony Stark...etc that shop at CTVTs.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
            PS. I sent out an invite to CTVTs executive. Hopefully they will take my offer and come here and talk.
            I really don't think they care at this point...they've been selling off a LOT of inventory so I don't think their interest lies with Mego or the like anymore. I can't see them putting any effort into fixing the problem of the female bodies when it's obvious they won't be persuing any licenses any time soon...the point is sort of moot. Best thing to do is set back and wait for the new female body from DM.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

... I don't understand whats fixed.
              The CTVT Body still looks Bad,.. like it always did.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

You Have Got To Be Kiddin Me

I hope Paul doesn't mind my spilling the beans, but with all the todo going on in China, the new female bodies won't be ready to ship until October, not August or September.

I called him about a week or so ago, inquiring as to when they would be available, and he said October at the earliest.

That means a couple more months wait for the rest of us.

Stupid Olympics.
                JediJaida

Comment

• SoulSinger
                  Singer Of Mego Love
                  • Oct 22, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  I hope Paul doesn't mind my spilling the beans, but with all the todo going on in China, the new female bodies won't be ready to ship until October, not August or September.

I called him about a week or so ago, inquiring as to when they would be available, and he said October at the earliest.

That means a couple more months wait for the rest of us.

Stupid Olympics.
                  AARGH!

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

You Have Got To Be Kiddin Me

There, there. It's not as if delivery has been postponed until next year. THEN, you'd have something to scream about.

I kind of peeved too; I was really looking forward to making a few customs, as I don't want to strain the original Mego bodies that I have, and the few CTVT's that I have that aren't crap, I don't want to strain either.

Concerning those, one sneeze at the wrong time and they fall apart!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>for their current sales price of around $5.00 each you are basically buying heads and clothes?

Pretty much. I've got tons of CTVT bodies; Paul/Hulk made me some real good deals a while back, and they're not all as horrible as folks make 'em out to be. The cheaper plastic isn't really a problem; it's softer, and may actually be better for some parts, like hands, 'cos it's got more give. The REAL problem was the molds: LOTS of flash, and when the bodies are assembled the extra bits tend to train the joints. (It looks like a lot of them were shoved together with a lot of effort....) 'Course the softer plastic causes some problems too: the shoulders tend to get sucked into the older torsos. The newer ones had smaller holes and worked pretty good.

As a matter of fact; the later bodies were actually pretty good. I got a bunch that didn't break, don't have strained joints, and aren't doing the pee-pee dance. So the learning curve was pretty good for CTVT. I think if they'd done another run they might have sorted the problems out.

The problem when you buy the figures is that you don't know if you're getting an old or new body until you get it.

Doc's stuff is really good. His bodies are good and solid, AND have them soft hands I like so much! I got a few that had really tight rubber bands, which made them hard to pose, and could eventually damage the shoulder joints. A quick T1 restring sorted that out though. His female bodies should be good.

Don C.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

If you're looking for a body to do a custom that's gonna sit on the shelf a CTVT will work. Just restring it like a T1 as ctc said. The black bands are not stretchy enough and put too much pressure between the arm and leg, which is why the arms tend to pull into the torso after a while. Doc's bodies are the ones to use if you wanna touch it after it's done. The quality between his stuff and CTVT is not even close. DM produces a body you're kids could play with while CTVT basically is broken when you get it. I bought most of the repro figures like the knights and pirates, etc. for the parts to finish my incomplete mego's and while ripping them apart, I don't think I got 4 figures that didn't have a cracked right foot. Probably had 80 - 90% of them with the same issue. How does that get through any form of quality control? CTVT's are kinda mal-nutritioned also. They didn't measure something right if they were copying a mego figure cuz they're kinda small. That's probably why many of the suits are super tight if you try to put them on regular or DM bodies. I'm pretty sure CTVT has run it's course and when the current inventory is done they will move on into mego-like history. Maybe someday there will be a CTVT Museum. With the number of figures that come broken straight from the package, what will a mint complete CTVT figure sell for in 30 years? TraderbyNature will probably be selling right feet for $300.00 each. Maybe I can trade one for RM Robin or a Wondergirl. Unbroken CTVT right feet are much rarer than those are!!
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 10, 2006

Just reciever my order today of the 7 Space 1999 figure only one was messed up that was Maya her right leg is screwed up so i took her outfit and head and placed it on a MEGO female body but the rest are fine and i'll leave them as is, The only other thing i noticed was Alan Carters red helmet's visor smeans to stick

Comment

• AcroRay
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 17, 2005

The couple of CTVT figures I have had bad bodies, but the rest of the item (Especially Alan Carter in the full yellow space suit, which is one of my favorites) was really nice - especially at the price. So re-dressing it on a Doc Mego body really made for a great toy.

Its kind of my tradition now for Mego Meet. Nab a cheap CTVT I like, and get one of the Doc's bodies free of additional postage costs, combine & display. The CTVT figures are scaled just a wee bit smaller than Doc Mego's bodies, so sometimes you'll have a bit of a tight fit getting costumes & accessories on, and the heads may look a tiny bit small on them.
                            Last edited by AcroRay; Aug 12, '08, 11:05 AM.
                            Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎