Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomonkey
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 24, 2002

As a lifelong Megoist, I consider Joni, Chachi, Al, and Mr. & Mrs. C. "must haves" for the Fonzie's Garage Playset peeps.

Must haves.

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

The new head sculpts, as I understand it were done, not because head molds couldn't be found. None of the repro's are using original head molds. They just made a new mold from an original Mego head in the cases of exact reproductions. The new heads were made because the people that own the rights to HD wanted new headsculpts. That's the only mystery.

As for connecting the dots, I'm not sure what you are asking for, so I can't answer the question or connect dots. Each reproduced part of the Happy Days line is photographed and described in the Museum AC pages. If a part on a series one reproduction figure is not covered, it is because CTVT did their own thing with that part and didn't reproduce it from the original.

The later series CTVT Happy Days figures are not covered because those figures were never produced by Mego, so descriptions of them don't appear on the Mego Museum site.

There are a few parts used on some original CTVT HD figures that are reproductions of original Mego parts. Joanie wears repro Glinda shoes for example, but those are not covered in the Happy Days Mego Accessory Check since they don't belong to a Mego Happy Days figure.

To get the information you want, perhaps it is best just to ask precise questions in this thread. Those that know the answer will respond.

Comment

• nordox
        • Dec 22, 2007

That first paragraph

Answered all my questions thanks!

I like the original megos better of course but I am
        enjoying the repros for 5.00 a figure or less!

The Jump the Shark figure is awsome. What does anyone think
        of ordering one of those original fonzies missing his clothes and
        making a vintage fonzie jump the shark too!

Anyone have a good shark suggestion? That old aquaman one
        is in scale right?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎