Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one interested in these Mcdonald figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Deleted
    Last edited by grayhank; Aug 11, '08, 11:12 AM.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• monkey tennis
      "Kiss my face."
      • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by grayhank
      Each character was associated with a particular menu item in the commercials. Grimace used to steal Shakes, but later on he was more friendly and was only crazy about them. Captain Crook was the McFish sandwich Pirate. Don't get me started on the McNuggets, they had personalities all of their own.

I'm not sure what Birdie was supposed to represent, seems like she would represent the McChicken sandwich but that just seems like cannibalism to me.
      Thanks for that G.

One extra Question...is the McFish sandwich the same as the
      Fillet o' Fish we have in the UK ??

"I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

^^ yup same thing
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

grayhank---Birdie was the "EARLY BIRD" and represented the BREAKFAST MENU

Don't get ME started.

BTW---aside from Mego Superheroes---the Remco McD line was the BEST doll line
          of the 1970s IMO

If this new line gets more wind behind it, I'll pick 'em all up

(incidentally stretchro, I don't know where you're shopping to get a set as cheap
          as $20 a pop, but if you're sellin', I'm buyin')
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

yeah the Captain and the Professor are the ones that usually go for about $20

Ronald about $30+ and Grimace could go for as much $80
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• misterdroid
              Banned
              • Jan 10, 2008

They are cool figs... and have a great back-story. McDonalds approached Sid & Marty Kofft about licensing a line of HR Puffnstuff (or Puffnstuff type characters) for commercials. The deal didn't work out, McDonalds hit the drawing boards and these guys were born. Lawsuits ensued, the Krofft Bros. won, most of the McD's guys disappeared from commercials and the rest is history. I would be surprised if the hold-ups on these figs wasn't related to that... Can't be easy to re-release a character with an injunction against him...
              If I'm wrong, experts, correct me, I am dredging this stuff out of my memory from one of my Advertising instructors in college(who was passionate about copyright infringement)

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by monkey tennis
                What did they do ??

I get that Hamburglar stole
                But what did Grimace and Captain Crook do ?
                Did the Cap have a Mac Ship ?
                I believe Grimace ate! He was the example of what you would look like after a few years of eating only McDonalds food.

Actually...I think he had something to do with milkshakes. I say this because...in the old days of the seventies---Grimace's Irish relative, Uncle O'Grimacean would go on tv to herald the return of Shamrock shakes for St. Patty's day.

....wonder whatever became of Mac Tonite?
                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• grayhank
                  That Fisher Price Guy
                  • Feb 9, 2007

Deleted
                  Last edited by grayhank; Aug 11, '08, 11:12 AM.
                  Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by grayhank
                    I'm beginning to wonder if these figures will ever see the light of day. They were on display last July at San Diego Comic Con 07, now they're not due to be released until August 08...over a year later! They did have a Birdie figure on display for Wave 2, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. Things don't appear to be happening over at Huckleberrytoys.com, which isn't a good sign.

I sure Hope they see the light of Day,.. I have a 150 dollar pre-order on a few sets of these since last April. I heard there was a Packaging dispute with the figures,.. & thats finally been corrected. But indeed,.. I too am wondering whatnot & getting worried. I thought they would be great.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Actually...I think he had something to do with milkshakes. I say this because...in the old days of the seventies---Grimace's Irish relative, Uncle O'Grimacean would go on tv to herald the return of Shamrock shakes for St. Patty's day.
                      Okay, that explains the weird light fixture we had at our town McDonalds in the mid 90s. They redecoed the restaurant and suddenly there was a huge light fixture on the ceiling which had character panels of some long-forgotten McD characters. This green Grimace-like creature was one of them. I brought it up here before and someone vaguely recalled he was related to Grimace, but that was it.

Oh and I think Mac Tonite got the axe due to Bobby Darrin's estate sueing McDs.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

I'd pick up the set if they were ever released. i had preordered Mayor McCheese, but alas I'm still waiting. I still have my Grimace from my childhood and a beat up Professor and Ronald.

Comment

• MegoFan67
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 19, 2012

I have the originals plus and extra Hamburglar.Though they are loose and have few accessories.I enjoy the McD's figures.Would like to find loose reissues of these as well.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎