X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

Originally posted by misterdroid
    The helmet is fairly horrible. The one I saw seemed to be a fairly crude casting. So be warned. the offer is out there though.
    Actually, that might not be a fair review... I didn't really closely examine the fig. The helmet is quite large and may just be a perfect cast of a rough sculpt, I'd have to go back and look harder. Let just say it did not appear to be "factory smooth". Also it's visor seemed to be just a piece of cut out yellow cellophane. But, judging by the figs hands, it's definitely mounted on the excellent Dr. Mego body(or a fantastic knock off... it is MUCH higher than CTVT quality). I spotted that and thought it might be good custom fodder and then the price point put me off. And that is why I reshelved it and didn't get that great of a look at the details of the figure.

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

I made these figures for Avatar Press last summer. Everyone of them was made
      by my hands in my living room. Since they had to be done in time for the
      San Diego Comic Con, we had to go with a head and clothing already in stock.
      I hand-glued the gold accents onto each jacket myself.

The helmets were all cast by hand from a Romulan helmet, altered and
      etched with a design from the comic. The helmet would have looked
      better in silver, but they wanted to go with the all-white look, and
      to do it right, it needed to be made in China, but
      Avatar couldn't pay $4K to have it tooled there - and there was
      no time to get it done anyway.

I learned a lot making these figures - mostly about the limitations
      of what can be done with the help of friends over a weekend.

I have seen these in Midtown Comics at 40th St. and 7th Ave. He had four
      of them a few weeks ago.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• roman
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 25, 2003

that's the place!

Originally posted by drmego
        I have seen these in Midtown Comics at 40th St. and 7th Ave. He had four of them a few weeks ago.

Paul:

Thanks. That's the place. I have never gone in actually Unless there's an elevator I am not able to acceess it. I knew I have seen it many times off
        7th on my way back to Penn Station. Cool, thank you.

I guess I am like a kid with new Megos I need to see them and hold the package in my hand before I buy (especially after CTVT).

There's really cool guy in a shop here in South Jersey whose been carrying your Trek Figures. They look great but Trek was never my thing.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
          Black Summer at BBTS

They're cheaper on eBay but I won't get into that with you.
          Hi Action Martin, Thanks for the link. I kind of figured that they would be cheaper on eBay. Most everything is these days as it is a buyers market. Normally eBay would have been the first place I looked. That of course is a different story for me now as you know.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

The Grand Central Midtown Comics has an elevator

looking at this figure made me thing that something like a Judge Dredd or Dreadstar line would be cool...

Comment

• misterdroid
              Banned
              • Jan 10, 2008

Here is my question... Why would a fairly offbeat, underground publishing house slap together a mego style figure as an exclusive? Despite the reservations I have about the fig... I think the idea is awesome(and the execution is frankly VERY mego). BUT I fit into a certain small demographic of dorky guys in their late 30's / early forties who are into this kind of stuff. I would think that the most bang for your promotional buck would come from a more consumer freindly action figure. So the answer therefore seems like personal passion... is the Macfarlane stanglehold finally over? Can we get back to fun, poseable, somewhat inaccurate toys and leave all the the non poseable super sculpts for the ultra-fanboys?

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

Here it is a bit cheaper, not sure how shipping affects it.

I picked up one of these on eBay for a couple of bucks cheaper, I should get it in the next week or so.

Straight from the pages of Warren Ellis’ smash-hit series, Black Summer, Horus is now available as an action figure! The hero who killed the President is now immortalized in this retro-style 8" poseable figure. Styled after the popular 1970’s type of toys, Horus comes with a cloth costume, complete with his emblem on the back. The packaging features all-new artwork by series artist Juan Jose Ryp on the front and back, and the package itself is a re-sealable clam-shell so that you can easily open and close it without damaging the plastic. Limited to just 750 units!

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
                  Here it is a bit cheaper, not sure how shipping affects it.

I picked up one of these on eBay for a couple of bucks cheaper, I should get it in the next week or so.

http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail...5&nAddedType=1
                  }<l! Thanks for the link, Hulk.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎