Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I believe both "ADAM-12" and "Emergency!" inspired many kids to go into law enforcement and ems/firefighting. Randy Mantooth mentioned that, to this day, he has hundreds of people a year come to him and say that the series "Emergency!" is the reason that they became emt-paramedics and/or fire fighters.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

I don't have it on DVD but isnt the adam 12 team in the emergency pilot??

I LOVED emergency. My brother and I had the dolls (both tan and blue jackets) the truck (still have it beat up and no sirens but they never show up), haelmet med kits walkies and had to gear up whenever I heard the klaxxon (it's my phone ringtone now)

as a teen I was a volly for an emt company but quickly found I didn't have the stomach for the job

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

Yes, the Adam 12 guys are in the pilot. Then, in a later episode the firefighters are watching Adam 12 on TV.

[email protected]

Comment

• LJNfan
          • Dec 23, 2007

Julie London

I have had a ton of free time in the last few weeks, so I decided to catch up on some DVD box sets. I finished the second and third season of Emergency in anticipation for the fourth season, which is released on the 18th of this month, I believe.

A lot of shows that we loved as kids do not really hold up, but Emergency still holds up to this day, it was just a incredible show. I know that I am not alone when I say that just about every kid I knew during that time had a huge crush on Julie London. And let me say that for being almost 42 years old when she started on that show, she was just as sexy as I remember her to have been. I'm sure she was responsible for a lot of repeat viewers.
          sigpic Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is Bowling. There are rules.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

There was another cross over episode. An ADAM-12 episode had Squad 51 and Engine 51 respond to an accident call with Reed and Malloy. That episode didn't make it to DVD, but Columbia House does have that ADAM-12 episode on video tape.

- Ian

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

I believe that only the first season of Adam-12 has been released on DVD.

Wasn't there an episode of Dragnet where Friday and Gannon were working Internal Affairs and Jim Reed was the officer that they were investigating? I recall that Milner and McCord appeared on Dragnet a couple of times but not always as Malloy and Reed. Or maybe is was just McCord.
              Scott

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

You're right, only the first season of ADAM-12 was released on DVD. For some reason, it didn't sell well. The same thing happened to Dragnet '67 after it's first season was released onto DVD. "Emergency!" has had very strong sells, though. I hope this continues.

- Ian

Comment

• LJNfan
                  • Dec 23, 2007

Episode

I believe the episode you are talking about was an Internal Affairs episode. Either Gannon or Friday got into a shootout and were being quizzed by a Detective about what happened. I believe only Milner appeared in the episode, coming in our out of the room for something, maybe finding a suspect or evidence, I do not remember now.

Sadly it looks like the first season of Adam-12 will be the only one released by Universal, I guess sales were not that great. But at least Emergency seems to be going strong, the fourth season comes out in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Not to get too far off-topic but Mission: Impossible (my favorite tv series of all-time) must be selling well as we now have 3 seasons released in just under a year.

I could swear that it was Reed that was being investigated. Maybe I'm thinking of an episode of Adam-12...

Anyway just for nothing, here are the Dragnet episodes with Kent McCord:

8. Dragnet (December 12, 1968). Playing "Officer Jim Reed" in the episode "Internal Affairs-DR-20" (Episode #60) Martin Milner also appears in this episode as "Officer Pete Malloy"
                    7. Dragnet (January 11, 1968). Playing "Officer Jim Reed" in the episode "The Search" (Episode #2.18)
                    6. Dragnet (December 7, 1967). Playing "Officer Jim Reed" in the episode "The Phony Police Racket" (Episode #2.13)
                    5. Dragnet (November 2, 1967). Playing "2nd Officer" in the episode "The Big High" (Episode #2.8)
                    4. Dragnet (October 12, 1967). Playing "Officer" in the episode "The Big Neighbor" (Episode #2.5)
                    3. Dragnet (October 5, 1967). Playing "Officer Whitman" in the episode "The Bank Jobs" (Episode #2.4)
                    2. Dragnet (February 9, 1967). Playing "Officer Paul Culver" in the episode "The Interrogation" (Episode "1.4)
                    1. Dragnet (January 19, 1967). Playing (billed as Kent McWhirter) "Officer Martin" in the episode "The Big Explosion" (Episode #1.2)
                    Last edited by ABMAC; Jan 10, '08, 1:17 PM.
                    Scott

Comment

• LJNfan
                      • Dec 23, 2007

Your right it was Malloy being investigated, I remember now because he kept calling his wife to give her updates as to when he would be home. Also I believe it was around Christmas time, one of the Detectives was complaining about how hard it was to put some of his kids Christmas gifts together.

Reed not Malloy
                      Last edited by ABMAC; Jan 10, '08, 1:17 PM.

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Season One episode 17
                        "It Happened So Fast"
                        Reed is investigated after killing a 16-year old sniper who was shooting at his patrol car.

Sound right?
                        Scott

Comment

• Adam West
                          Museum CPA
                          • Apr 14, 2003

I actually carried an Adam-12 lunchbox to school and it was the inspiration for my MM name (I was collecting vintage lunchboxes at the time and wanted to come up with something with the name Adam in it).

I think as someone mentioned, the reason why no Adam-12 figures were made has more to do with the show going off the air around the time toy companies really got into licensing tv figures.

Even though I loved the show, I think I liked the whole police thing more than the show itself so when S.W.A.T. was aired, I was immediately drawn to it. I have no idea whatever happened to my S.W.A.T. figs but I do remember having about 4 or 5 of them, the S.W.A.T. Van, and the playset with the jail cell. I do have a random bullet proof vest or a hat that I found but that's about it. I don't think a S.W.A.T. lunchbox was every made but they did make an Emergency lunchbox so I suspect, I was more drawn to the police figures themselves rather than the show so it really wouldn't have mattered to me whether or not they were Adam-12, S.W.A.T. or generic police figures, I needed them to helplessly hold off my Mego Green Goblin or Joker until Spidey or Batman could come along and take care of business for them.
                          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎