Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wookilar8
    • May 27, 2009

Heroes In Action Update!!

At NYCC it was revealed the Lincolnstein figure will have others to keep it company. While we were already shown the President Lincoln figure and a Lincoln/Frankenstein combo figure, other presidents while follow. There will be a Clinton/Wolf Man figure and a Bush/Dracula or Phantom. I'm not sure if either President will also be made in their more horrific everyday persona. They are hoping to get this line into TRU for Spring 2011 at $19.99.

Also, Lincolnstein will be slightly taller than Lincoln by having extended torso and arms.

Edit - It will be Zom-Bush, not Dracula or Phanom.
    Last edited by wookilar8; Oct 10, '10, 12:20 PM.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Pics?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Interesting that they are mining contemporary figures like Bush and Clinton for the monsters rather than presidents from further back in history like Lincoln.

Perhaps the Bush as Dracula draws inspiration from Alex Ross' famous illustration?

May Offend Some

<edit>
      in the interests of non-partisan fairness, the topic at hand, and the revelation that it's actually Obama who will be the vampire in this toyline...

Last edited by samurainoir; Oct 14, '10, 6:46 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• wookilar8
        • May 27, 2009

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        Pics?
        He didn't bring Clinton or Bush, only Lincoln and Lincolnstein. Pictures of Lincoln and Lincolnsein can be seen in the museum.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

^ Ah....I thought he had the prototypes on display.....

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I helped with this, strongly lobbying for Clinton to be the Wolfman, he's got the hair for it.

Last chat we had it was "Zom-Bush" and "Barakula", really looking forward to these.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
              I helped with this, strongly lobbying for Clinton to be the Wolfman, he's got the hair for it.
              THANK YOU!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Heh, thanks. I even did a photoshop composite of Clinton with Lon Chaney.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Not to get all political but I really liked Clinton and The Chaney Wolfman has always been my favorite monster so this is win-win for me

Comment

• wookilar8
                    • May 27, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Last chat we had it was "Zom-Bush" and "Barakula", really looking forward to these.
                    Yes! Thank you for correcting me. I couldn't remember who he said Bush would be morphed with.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

I'm not knocking this at all, but why do US presidents as monsters? Am I missing something, is this a US thing?
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

^ I guess it's some novelty thing...The Lincolnstein seemed like a cool concept and now they're extending the line. A lot of folks might say US presidents ARE monsters anyway depending on your point of view

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          Interesting that they are mining contemporary figures like Bush and Clinton for the monsters rather than presidents from further back in history like Lincoln.

Perhaps the Bush as Dracula draws inspiration from Alex Ross' famous illustration?
                          http://www.whispergallery.com/alex-r...sh-liberty.jpg
                          !--What is that from?
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                            I'm not knocking this at all, but why do US presidents as monsters? Am I missing something, is this a US thing?
                            Don't really get it either. Even though I am a pretty big classic monster fan, the concept just doesn't do it for me.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              !--What is that from?
                              That might be from a cover piece he did for the Village Voice maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎