Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by reevefan78

BTW.....aren't you the guy that makes those amazing Mego WGSH playsets I've seen here on the forum?
      That would be MegoScott...he was one of the four who attended the Oakland mini Mego Meet...

sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

We should meet up sometime. Do you have a nice collection of Megos? What's your favorite line, figures or sets?

I enjoy collecting the WGSH line, both 8" and 12.5" and I have some rare 12.5" figures MIB. I always strive to find mint figures in the most perfect display boxes or cards too. I've been collecting since I was about 3 or 4 but I only have some pieces left from when I was about 13 or so. Everything else I have has been acquired since my college days beginning with Toy Shop magazine.....the precusor to Ebay for collectors of vintage toys.

I just love the hunt for new megos to acquire.

So do you ever make trips to ATL?

BTW.....aren't you the guy that makes those amazing Mego WGSH playsets I've seen here on the forum?
        Yes, I have a pretty good collection of Megos. I collect all lines and all sizes.

I do make trips to ATL from time to time.

Like Hector said, that's MegoScott who makes the cool Dida displays.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• reevefan78
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by ScottA
          Yes, I have a pretty good collection of Megos. I collect all lines and all sizes.

I do make trips to ATL from time to time.

Like Hector said, that's MegoScott who makes the cool Dida displays.
          Scott,

If you ever want to meet up just let me know.

I really like MegoScott's Dida displays....hope to add one to my collection some day real soon.

Hope all is well and thanks for supporting this thread and checkin' in periodically.

More to follow soon.

Comment

• reevefan78
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 3, 2008

New pics are coming soon!

I've asked my mold maker friend to send me some more pics of 'Aquashark' in it's dismantled state for all to see along with periodic in progress photos (without divulging any of his mold making trade secrets) and he said he would. Please stay tuned.....pics will be posted shortly.

Comment

• reevefan78
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 3, 2008

Hi-Res digital images set to box designer today

Hello all,

Just a note to let you all know that I sent a disc of hi-res digital images of an original Aquaman vs TGWS box set including the not often seen insert for reproduction. The package designer told me that he is looking into a new kind of printable material that looks even more like original Mego boxes than even his current ones which I think look incredible as is. So this is all good news. Just wanted to keep everyone updated. More to follow soon!

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I am definately up for a repro box of this (I have the shark ).
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• reevefan78
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by ScottA
                  I am definately up for a repro box of this (I have the shark ).
                  Here is the one that I have over 150 detailed hi-res photos of from every angle including mostly head on shots of the exterior as well as interior flattened insert (see pic below). I also have exact dimensions of every graphic from text to images of everything that is printed on the outside of this box. It will be as exact as is possible without being able to scan an original box which was not possible in this case. If I had had $5,495 that the winner paid for this set late last year I would be scanning from my original box. But aside from this it will be THE BEST repro box available.

I will of course have the designer fix all the imperfections (i.e. stress creases from the original scans and clean up the white areas on the box and so on) so that the box will look brand new....as if you had traveled back in time and snagged one of these babies right off the clearance table of your local toy shop.....ahhhh....if only time travel was possible. Oh well, until then this'll have to suffice.

BTW.......love to see your 'Aquashark' ScottA. I'll pm you about it.

Last edited by reevefan78; Feb 11, '11, 3:17 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Cool picture

Comment

• reevefan78
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Pics of my dismantled 'Aquashark'

Just thought you all would be interested in seeing pics of my dismantled 'Aquashark' that I had the mold maker photograph and email me earlier this evening. I'll be posting a couple a day while we're waiting for the "games to begin".....which will be very, very soon.

The mold maker will be repairing my 'Aquashark' as it has suffered chemical melt marks (this is how I purchased it though years ago) prior to molding it for the repros. The repros will appear perfect so no worries there....and I will receive my original back when the mold making process is complete in "like new" condition.

Oh yeah, and to reiterate.....the original Mego copyright will be removed and replaced with my reevefan78 handle and the year of production so that NO ONE will ever be able to pass one of these off as an original...don't forget...I'm also a collector and want original Mego products to be easily identifiable from their reproduction counterparts.

More to follow....but in the meantime enjoy the pics.

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

You should consider marking all of the pieces with a slight identifiable mark, even if on the inside in a discrete location.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                          Love to play with Megos
                          • Oct 19, 2003

Just thought you all would be interested in seeing pics of my dismantled 'Aquashark' that I had the mold maker photograph and email me earlier this evening. I'll be posting a couple a day while we're waiting for the "games to begin".....which will be very, very soon.

The mold maker will be repairing my 'Aquashark' as it has suffered chemical melt marks (this is how I purchased it though years ago) prior to molding it for the repros. The repros will appear perfect so no worries there....and I will receive my original back when the mold making process is complete in "like new" condition.

Oh yeah, and to reiterate.....the original Mego copyright will be removed and replaced with my reevefan78 handle and the year of production so that NO ONE will ever be able to pass one of these off as an original...don't forget...I'm also a collector and want original Mego products to be easily identifiable from their reproduction counterparts.

More to follow....but in the meantime enjoy the pics.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...7394_email.jpg
                          Kris,

What happen to that Shark has slight oily on the top right side of the Shark?

Can that be easy to clean the oily off?
                          Last edited by Mr Mego; Mar 2, '11, 11:10 PM. Reason: he hid his real name
                          Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• reevefan78
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Commander
                            Great pics!

What happen to that Shark has slight oily on the top right side of the Shark?

Can that be easy to clean the oily off?
                            Pat,

Not sure....that's the way the shark was when I purchased him. My friend says it's some kind of glue that caused a chemical reaction with the surface and melted it just a little. He's going to attempt to remove it and sand it very carefully so that when all is said and done you'd never know it had been damaged. I trust him....he's one of the most amazing creative individuals I've ever met. Stay tuned....more to follow.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, it is prob. possible to wet-sand & buff that out, usin progressive grits of very fine sandpaper.

I had amazing results recently in cleaning up a GI Joe AT ATV, also of polystyrene.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• reevefan78
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                ^Yes, it is prob. possible to wet-sand & buff that out, usin progressive grits of very fine sandpaper.

I had amazing results recently in cleaning up a GI Joe AT ATV, also of polystyrene.
                                That's exactly what my friend said......guess great minds think alike, huh? I'm just glad to know that my shark can be repaired to like new condition. Thanks for letting me know of your success with this procedure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎