X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Question on the repro (or original) Klingon boots

I know these boots are oddly shaped on top in that the front is higher than the back of them... That said, would the pant legs of a pair of Zaius pants be able to be tucked into the Klingon boots, or are the back of them too short(causing the bottom of the Zaius leg cuffs show)?
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Are you trying to find a different boot for Dr.Z or are you going for a particular look?

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Nope, no Zaius involved except the pants he'd be donating... I was wondering about the boots for a different figure I'm putting together...

Originally posted by rche
      Are you trying to find a different boot for Dr.Z or are you going for a particular look?

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I just eyeballed a Klingon against the Doc. Looks like the cutout in back is about 1/4" shorter than the original Dr.Z heiro boots. I didn't actually do the boot swap, but my guess would be that you would have a little sliver of ape leg (or whoever the custom is) showing in the back. No more than you would if you had an early Dr. Z with the hero boots, tho.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

That doesn't sound too terrible, but if it came down to it, I'd probably want them as high as original Zaius boots (the heiroglyphic version)...

Are there any boots on the market that might meet that criteria (Cast-A-Way, Dr. Mego, etc.)?

Originally posted by rche
          I just eyeballed a Klingon against the Doc. Looks like the cutout in back is about 1/4" shorter than the original Dr.Z heiro boots. I didn't actually do the boot swap, but my guess would be that you would have a little sliver of ape leg (or whoever the custom is) showing in the back. No more than you would if you had an early Dr. Z with the hero boots, tho.

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

AJ fishing boots are pretty high they even used them on a Zauis Prototype.
            on the card back

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎