X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cricketts99
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 20, 2007

Huckleberry McDonalds Figures

Just saw the Huckleberry Ronald McDonald at Tuesday Morning for $5. Has anyone else seen these?
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by cricketts99
    Just saw the Huckleberry Ronald McDonald at Tuesday Morning for $5. Has anyone else seen these?
    Yes , these came out about a year and a half ago. There was a Evil Grimace 1971 (SDCC Limited 500 ) Ronald, Hamburglar, Mayor McCheese, Grimace and a Short packed Captain Crook. Some SDCC Variants carded exist , while regulars are boxed. I actually liked them , and was got them all. While not 100% reissues of The Remco Figures they were still very cool. Sadly we may never see wave 2 or 3 , and that is sad because there was prototypes at comic con of Birdie, Fry Guys, Fry Gals , Big Mac, Professor, A variant Ronald. According to a contact at Huckleberry a plan for Mac Tonite, Uncle O'Grimacey, Cosmc , and Iam Hungry was also planned.
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I would have bought it for $5.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by ScottA
        I would have bought it for $5.
        same here
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jasonmego1277
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 9, 2008

I think they are pretty clearenced now, and can prob find then for about $5 each. I think I paid $75 for all 5 shipped , and the SDCC Grimace $28 or so.

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Problem is we don't have any stores here that would carry them. Certainly no Tuesday Mornings.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Xanthophobiac
              • Jul 8, 2010

I've been considering picking these up. I don't know how interested I would have been in future waves, but I definitely would have liked to see Birdie and fry guy/gals.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by ScottA
                Problem is we don't have any stores here that would carry them. Certainly no Tuesday Mornings.
                Must be like with Winn-Dixie and Kroger. Some parts of the state have them,others don't.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

You know when I saw that line come out, I thought that was pretty cool. But what perplexed me was how McDonalds could venture back into this concept after the courts banned their use back in the early 80's after a long battle with Sid and Marty Kroft. Was the ban lifted? Are the trademarks from Sid and Marty Kroft no longer valid? And if this IS the case why didn't McDonalds bring these characters back into their advertising campaign? It would have been a great idea. Otherwise why make the figures for today's generation who don't know them as well? It's very confusing from a business perspective.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

I dont think they are using the characters any more but I think McDee's legal team would trump most others.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 9, 2008

It sounds as if they are slowly making spotty appearances and comebacks. For awhile there only Ronald was still being used. There is a Mcd's near me that still has a mural painted on the wall with all these characters.

From Wikipedia ......
                      McDonald's was ordered to pay the Kroffts more than $1,000,000 when the case was finally settled in 1977. As a result of the lawsuit, the concept of "mcdonaldland" was all but phased out of the commercials, along many of the original characters.In the early 1980s and throughout the 1990s, McDonaldland remained a popular marketing device. The characters that remained following the lawsuit were Ronald McDonald, Grimace, Hamburglar, and the French Fry Gobblins (later renamed the Fry Guys, in an apparent attempt to make them seem more kid-friendly). Birdie the Early Bird would join the fold soon after, representing the restaurant's new breakfast line in the early 1980s. From then on, the characters seemed to live in the real world and they interacted with real-life characters, but commercials still fell under the blanket of "McDonaldland". Soon after, the Happy Meal Gang and the McNugget Buddies were prominent features in the commercials (representing the restaurant's "Happy Meals" and "Chicken McNuggets" respectively, being the menu items that mainly appealed to kids) along with Ronald.

In the late 90's and early 2000s, McDonald's released a video tape series titled The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald. The series depicted Ronald, Grimace, Birdie, Hamburglar, and a few new characters like Ronald's pessimistic dog Sundae. These videos would begin in live action, in what resembled a modern-day McDonaldland. Then when the characters would enter down a tube, or other means of travel, they would become animated. The video series had 7 parts and were available for purchase in McDonald's restaurants.

In recent years, the McDonaldland premise has largely been phased out of advertising campaigns, with modern commercials usually just depicting Ronald alone in "real world" situations with real children. Grimace did however appear in an advert for Monsters vs. Aliens Happy Meal Toys while Hamburglar also appeared in a more adult-oriented commercial advertising the Big Mac.

Comment

• MegoAddict
                        Official Mego Sniffer
                        • May 16, 2010

meh.....i only collect the original Remco series..but i guess it's cool they made a comeback..
                        I LIVE for the "attic smell" of Mego's!!!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                          Time to feed the cat
                          • Dec 30, 2007

what a great deal at 5 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

I stopped by Tuesday Morning on the way home from work on a whim that they might have these figures. No dice. I'd buy these for $5 a pop for sure.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• cricketts99
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jun 20, 2007

Decided to get Ronald went back and of course he was gone. Hit two other locations and they had none. Definitely grab them if you see them!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎