X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

CTVT Box art question...

I'm sure this has been answered before but... Did the CTVT guys use exact copies of the original Mego boxes for their repro figures (sans their logo in place of the Mego and that stuff)?

The reason I ask is that the photos on the boxes look like real deal T1 Mego bodied figures.

If so I think that may help explain my addiction to these fun immitators.
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

They were not exact copies in the case of The Knights and to a certain extent Robin Hood and pirates.

The pics on the back of the Knights are new pics of real figures they did.

Things are also changed on Pirates like a new font for the character title and the overall box is smaller.

The Robin Hood boxes have changes but they are more minor (refonting, etc), they may match the size of the original boxes because I think the Knight boxes were bigger than the rest.

The Pirate boxes also have these changes, I think both Pirates has the original pics on the back, Robin Hood does (I have all of these, just have not check them in a bit).

Of course, all the boxes have the CTTV bug in place of Mego and a bar code of the bottom.

The original pics of the Knights on the back of the Mego box were prototypes with a lot of detailing that didn't appear on the production figures. Maybe CTVT thought these would be too far removed from the figures they were doing based on the production ones and that's why they were redone when the Pirates and Robin Hood (which had closer to production prototypes used for the pictures) were not.

[email protected]

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Either way they're pretty good facsimiles...

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

They are amazing and you can't beat the service and price.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎