Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LizardJones
    • Feb 3, 2010

Batman Masterpiece

Hey - I was looking at the figure that came out with the Batman Masterpiece Edition book a few years back. Looks like a cool figure. Does anybody have it? Is it Mego-scale? Anybody care to share their thoughts before I drop $$ on this guy? Thanks.
  • uchuace
    • Feb 22, 2010

I bought the figure loose from a friend a few months back. Wanted it for long time. The body is from the Hasbro series of DC figures done in the late 90's. If you like those then you'll love this guy. I particularly like him next to the Batman Beyond they did, fun similarities in style. As for scale, like all the Hasbro figures they are slightly larger. They are closer to scale to Playmates 9 inch Trek stuff. Hope that helps.

Comment

• spamn
      Minty and All-Original!
      • Mar 28, 2002

It's a great figure, but it's 9", so only Mego scale if you think Batman is about the size of Michael Clarke Duncan. The head doesn't look too bad on a Mego body though, I just got a custom that did a swap.

But the figure is definitely worth it, you can get them for under $20 shipped, and when they came out they were like $50 because they came with a massive book.

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

I gave mine a couple of Playing Mantis Captain Action guns, and now he's a true Golden Age Batman
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I have the Batman Masterpiece Edition book, it's a great figure for sure, even tho it's 9"
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• LizardJones
            • Feb 3, 2010

Thanks for the feedback. He looks totally cool. Here's the pic from the ebay listing. Hard to pass that up. His cape alone...

Did he come with anything besides a batarang?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

That one's complete, its the best Hasbro 9 inch Batman they did. I've been thinking about redoing him more detailed.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                • Aug 14, 2007

Is it just me, or has there been a lot of 9" talk around here lately. Just sayin'

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by LadyZod
                  I gave mine a couple of Playing Mantis Captain Action guns, and now he's a true Golden Age Batman
                  So did I..........Batman 39 was hardcore Badass!!! My Fav Batman figure

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

hi if any bodys interested ,ive got a hasbro prototype in non production colours ,solid white robber head this his him ,red suit whits boot tops blue feet ,holy rainbow batman cheers chris

Comment

• suspense39
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 16, 2008

great job

it's one of my favorites the head and cowl are beautiful. i just traded mine though.

Comment

• celsius
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I have this guy- AWESOME.
                        Best Batman in the 9 inch size.
                        I have a series of these 9 inch figures:
                        Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Captain Marvel, Celsius, Ice, Booster Gold, Superman, Martian Manhunter, TV Catwoman, and Aquaman
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎