X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Looking for opinions on CTVT women bodies

In a word: Does anyone out there think the CTVT female bodies are worth the price?

I've heard in the past that the brown ones are a little sturdier than the original "caucasian" ones, but are any of them alright?
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
    In a word: Does anyone out there think the CTVT female bodies are worth the price?

I've heard in the past that the brown ones are a little sturdier than the original "caucasian" ones, but are any of them alright?
    In a word: No.

Talky: They're pretty terrible. I don't know about the brown ones specifically, but I do know I tried to get a white (paper white) one and had to order three just to find enough unbroken parts in my mailbox to kitbash one body - and even then it feels like it might "go" at any moment.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

For the longest I too was a naysayer of the CTVT stuff because of items I purchased via a third party, i.e. broken body parts in or just out of the question. On the flip side having bought stuff from them directly now I find their customer service is excellent with very fast shipping. I would recommend emailing them via their website and addressing those concerns point blank, and I think in the end you'll do okay.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Three words: Save Your Money!

The CTVT female bodies are GAR-bage! They break under the slightest pressure, and there are flashing issues, as well as bad glue jobs.

Go to DocMego and get some of his bodies. Okay, there are only two colors: Caucasian and Brown, but the quality is excellent.

They're pricier than CTVT, but I'd rather take quality over quantity any day.
        JediJaida

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I would only use a CTVT female body as a temporary donor for a body part that I intended to replace later on an original Mego. If you've got a Dinah or Uhura with a bad elbow or missing hand, fine. If you need a whole body, AVOID. CTVT has some great, economical stuff. The female bodies are junk though - Doc Mego all the way here.

Comment

• Jason73
            Correctamundo!
            • Jan 11, 2009

I've replaced my CTVT Happy Days female and male figures with Doc Mego bodies.
            Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Any CTVT female body i've ever gotten has fallen apart just by looking at it funny.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

Why then did you look at it funny? don't stare it gets nervous and shakes apart.
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've got a few that were pretty good; but overall I'd say avoid them. NEVER get one of the ones without a neck plug, they're a different sculpt and don't work at all.

Don C.

Comment

• almitysufx
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 27, 2004

I'm agreeing with everyone for the most part here, they are poor compaired to mego. I have used them though. I have a repro catwoman I made nearly 3 years ago with their body that is still doing just fine. Inspection is the main thing. Get them from ctvt's site, be prepaired to swap parts then contact the service dept and tell them what was broken on arrival. they are great about sending out replacments.
                    As for Doc's bodies, I personally haven't had much better luck with them. I got 2 last year, the first one snapped apart as I was dressing it and the second did the same thing not long after.
                    IMO-The best thing to use is a mego body period.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

They suck IMO
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

So what we're saying here is that CTVT deals in loose and broken women?

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Pretty much, yeah.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by almitysufx
                            IMO-The best thing to use is a mego body period.
                            After my disappointment customizing with CTVT bodies, I just started buying up Dinah Mites for their bodies. Plentiful and easy to come by cheaply.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎