X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh Superman.

Over the years, I've picked up some Mego Knock-Off sadness, I had a Mexican Lion-O figure whose gaze still haunts but I've never felt sad towards them until this day.

This toy has the incredibly workmanlike title "Plastic Dolls" almost as if it were also serving as the customs documents. Inside is one of those dolls where the eyes open and shut. My sister had one of these, and they always creeped me out.

Our sleepy-eyed murder doll is clad in an unused Mego Superman outfit. That's the part that bugs me about this: Mego Superman is so iconic to me, and even for this kind of dimestore stuff, this laziness feels like complete rock bottom.

However, I'm totally keeping it.​
    Attached Files
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
    Our sleepy-eyed murder doll is clad in an unused Mego Superman outfit.
    I laughed so hard at that... until I blew up the photo and realized I just saw this very face! It stares into my eyes every time I visit the loo.

In the 70's, my cousin was rough on Mego outfits. His mom, my aunt, got one of these, kept the doll, crocheted a gown and bonnet for it and gave it to my mom as a bathroom tissue cover. I used to use it for Wonder Woman with my Megos until my aunt sent her kid to make sure it was on prominent display. To this day, it resides on a shelf above the commode, at eye level. There is a 40 plus-year-old pastel colored roll of Charmin under her skirt.

Oh, Brian! IT'S IN MY HOUSE!!!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎