Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

can we see anything on the new figures, any prototypes?

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
      The original SRP on the Buck Rogers figures was $24.99 but due to higher than expected production costs that price has now been raised to $29.99. The SRP on the Z-Bodies is $10.00.
      I'm in. Zica's pulling out the stops with this line.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• spamn
        Minty and All-Original!
        • Mar 28, 2002

The original SRP on the Buck Rogers figures was $24.99 but due to higher than expected production costs that price has now been raised to $29.99. The SRP on the Z-Bodies is $10.00.
        Sorry to hear about the higher costs, but the new price doesn't diminish my enthusiasm, just my wallet. From the few in progress shots you've shown, I know these figures will be great and well worth the price.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by alex
          can we see anything on the new figures, any prototypes?
          I've received production samples the of 1/9 scale heads but that's pretty much been it, other than a few pics of the accessories from the factory. Unfortunately I won't be able post any pics until I have complete prototypes in hand for each figure. This has been requested by the licensor.

I know some of you are wondering why the development of this line has been taking so long. The main reason is because of the amount of constant tweaking that went into getting everything as close as possible to the way I wanted it and also make the licensor happy. Getting the head sculpts nailed down and having all of the accessory pieces made was a nightmare, and it's still not over. The other major hurdle was clothing prototypes. I never would have imagined that finding someone to do clothing prototypes would have been so insanely difficult but it was. So far everything is still on schedule for a mid July ship date from the factory but should that change I'll let everyone know.

Originally posted by Chris
          I'm in. Zica's pulling out the stops with this line.
          You can count on that! I realize the increased SRP from $24.99 to $29.99 probably seems too high for some, especially considering the average price for most currently available 1/9 scale figures. However, I think once the prototypes are revealed and people can see the level of detail put into the figures the $29.99 price will seem reasonable.

There is an update on how the figures will be released. Instead of releasing all five at once there will only be two available at launch, Buck Rogers and Tigerman. The other three will follow shortly after and Hawk will be an exclusive to my website. Now before people start throwing up their hands in frustration over the "exclusive" part, Hawk will have the same retail price as the others and also be produced in the same numbers. There are no short packed figures in this line, everything is being produced in the same numbers.

I hope this update has been helpful. As always, feel free to ask me questions and I'll answer as best I can.

Craig

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

when will be see wave one? (sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere)
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              when will be see wave one? (sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere)
              At this point I honestly have no idea. Being as the accessory and clothing samples still aren't finished, both of which will have to go through approvals, I don't even want to try and guess.

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

Just wondering about the packaging, boxes or collector friendly clamshells?

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by alex
                  Just wondering about the packaging, boxes or collector friendly clamshells?
                  Collector friendly boxes.

Comment

• DocDrako
                    Formerly Doc Drako
                    • Nov 11, 2004

I have to get Buck & Hawk. I can't wait! I'm going to explode!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

u just made my day, saves space and better to display

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

I luv the idea of the figures being released a couple at a time. It makes buying multiples easier to handle. Plus, the exclusive Hawk sounds great. Who ever sculpted him nailed it.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

With the Z bodies ready does this help pinpoint a time frame for the Buck figures?

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Chris
                            With the Z bodies ready does this help pinpoint a time frame for the Buck figures?
                            Unfortunately it doesn't.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Wow, that's cool! Nobody does figure in boxes anymore....always the clamshells
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kennermike
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 4, 2007

any updates on release?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡